Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
at the time I thought so too.

but then over time it remains an engaging game that you can play
I guess the whole surprise of the game ran away for me. And I don't think I can and will want to experience the same feelings again. I also did a little research and found that the choices I made didn't change much. There's a basic ending, and the choices I make only cause a few minor changes. At least I'm glad I made Liam live the first time I played.

Reactions: Kananartans

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I guess the whole surprise of the game ran away for me. And I don't think I can and will want to experience the same feelings again. I also did a little research and found that the choices I made didn't change much. There's a basic ending, and the choices I make only cause a few minor changes. At least I'm glad I made Liam live the first time I played.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
It feels basically the same in every way. I mean, if you're just trying to be with Leah, and Leah's gonna burn the house down, what's the point of choosing? I wish there was an end where no one died...

By the way, the polygamy incident in both games made me think that Mr.Pinkcake had experienced such an event in real life.And it probably ended badly for him. Or maybe he's just trying to say that in real life, that's not how it works, that love for more than one person is not true love.

• Thinking Face

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It feels basically the same in every way. I mean, if you're just trying to be with Leah, and Leah's gonna burn the house down, what's the point of choosing? I wish there was an end where no one died...

By the way, the polygamy incident in both games made me think that Mr.Pinkcake had experienced such an event in real life.And it probably ended badly for him. Or maybe he's just trying to say that in real life, that's not how it works, that love for more than one person is not true love.

in my opinion this game has a flaw, quite big.

it's all built on the drama of that scene, and it's fine for me that it's inevitable, what's not good is that that scene only works in one case.

it only works if the player is really tied to both girls, otherwise it's a "stupid" drama, hardly felt.

even more marked the difference if our target had been Rena or even Ana

Last edited:

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
in my opinion this game has a flaw, quite big.

it's all built on the drama of that scene, and it's fine for me that it's inevitable, what's not good is that that scene only works in one case.

it only works if the player is really tied to both girls, otherwise it's a "stupid" drama, hardly felt.

if the player is tied only to Meghan, leaving Melissa in the fire is a tough choice, but not impossible.

If the player is linked only to Melissa, in reality he would have wanted to get rid of Meghan, so even here the choice is hard but not impossible.

even more marked the difference if our target had been Rena or even Ana
YOU'RE, GOD, DAMN, RIGHT.gif
Yeah that's what I meant. After playing Being a DIK, I had high hopes against the AL. But it's pretty sad that AL's story focuses on one breaking point...

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
Badik is definitely a superior game, but in my opinion some of this flaw is still there (but to a much lesser extent at least for now)
Being a DIK is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. But I'm afraid Badik will end up like AL. I mean, everything was going great with Al, but all of a sudden, the story got really sad. I hope what happened with Al doesn't happen again.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Being a DIK is definitely one of the best games I've ever played. But I'm afraid Badik will end up like AL. I mean, everything was going great with Al, but all of a sudden, the story got really sad. I hope what happened with Al doesn't happen again.

for what my opinion is worth, I wouldn't worry about that.

there will be clear and dramatic choices but not like that of AL

Reactions: Kane_Freeman
Mar 16, 2018
for what my opinion is worth, I wouldn't worry about that.

there will be clear and dramatic choices but not like that of AL
Agreed. I haven't played the most recent updates to BaD, but...

I think with 500 pages on this thread, plus plenty of references and spoilers to "the event" in AL on other game threads, DrPinkCake would catch tons of shit for re-using the same story mechanic in both games. He seems like too good of a writer to fall into that trap. I'm sure he has something else planned for BaD. Honestly I'm hoping it's a happier something - I wouldn't exactly bet on that yet though.

PAINMAKER61

Feb 1, 2021
Not sure who's gonna read this till the end but thanks lol.. Anyways, Acting lessons is hands down one of the best Vns I've played. it has a great realistic story with impactful choices, unlike some Vns that just focus on fucking (that shit is made by pervs for pervs) I haven't played that much VNs but usually when I seek out vns to play I try and find something thats not focused on banging every chick in the game and rather something meaningful...The Vns I played thus far are Being a dik, Become a rockstar, Melody, Leap of Faith, College kings and Summer's gone .. Sadly non of those games are completed yet like Acting lessons(aside from melody) but so far they all got great stories and I'm excited for their next updates, especially updates for Being a dik and Summers gone.(btw any of yall got some Vns to recommend that has a good story, impactful choices and not just focused on perversion? lol practically everything I mentioned above)

Secret09

Oct 20, 2017
I've just finish my 1st try at this game, and it kinda pissed me off when I had to choose who to save, Megan or Melissa, when you loved someone you dont care if you die saving them both, that should have been there as part of your choices, not just saving one

Reactions: BigBatWolf

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Well, I just finished this for the first time. I totally understand how DPC has given his entire fanbase PTSD now. But it all kinda made sense to me? I dunno, I have the advantage of knowing the fire was coming in advance. But paying attention to the story, Leah was super suspicious to me, and I pretty much knew she was a stalker at the end of ep4. I also cottoned on to Liam's placebo treatments. Which set the mind a rolling.

But all that said, from the fire onwards it almost feels like a different game. And yet the entire game hinges on the fire. Kind of weird.

Real interesting first story to make your name off of.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Well, I just finished this for the first time. I totally understand how DPC has given his entire fanbase PTSD now. But it all kinda made sense to me? I dunno, I have the advantage of knowing the fire was coming in advance. But paying attention to the story, Leah was super suspicious to me, and I pretty much knew she was a stalker at the end of ep4. I also cottoned on to Liam's placebo treatments. Which set the mind a rolling.

But all that said, from the fire onwards it almost feels like a different game. And yet the entire game hinges on the fire. Kind of weird.

Real interesting first story to make your name off of.
I think it's a good game with some very notable characters, especially Liam and Melissa, but I feel like the last chapter is done in a hurry and badly, I don't like to see what happens in the form of a flashback

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I think it's a good game with some very notable characters, especially Liam and Melissa, but I feel like the last chapter is done in a hurry and badly, I don't like to see what happens in the form of a flashback
Agreed 100%. The flashback thing kind of makes sense, in a mystery drama story. Its a fairly common technique used. But for how the story played up to that point, it just felt lazy and cheap. And kind of unearned, since it relied heavily on hiding information from the player.

All in all, though, I still enjoyed it. Would still recommend it to others.

HappyRagnar

Jun 20, 2020
For this I am currently working on the German translation. Who has Innteresse, which can contact me privately with pleasure

4.60 star(s) 810 Votes