Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I understand this but for me these games are supposed to be escapism. When I ask for recommendations I actually put this in so I can avoid such thing. It's the same reason i stopped playing Black Heart Hotel. Geuss my sources failed me this time lol. But thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
Well, i undertstand and respect your point and you should pick up whats for you. Yet i promise that if you get all the way through the ending and you played well, being a sincere and good friends for those around you, the catharsis is intense and involving. Overall this game is a very special experience among the titles here.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Hi folks quick question:

Can you save Melissa & Megan from the fire... or stop the fire all together? I'm actually really pissed that one died. Did u do something massively wrong at some point?
Yeah, I can understand it.

Bit surprised you didn't know something was gonna happen in the game, as it's actually become quite infamous for the fire scene.
To this day quite a few people haven't forgiven the author for what he did there. Not least since the game plays right into some of the tropes of the 'adult' genre up to that point. Hits people completely out of the blue.
Personally love it for the audacity, but I certainly get why many don't.

Anyway, better luck with the next title and have a good one...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree that the ploy is the one you're talking about, but I don't see the same malice that you point out.

DPC basically plays with the expectation that you normally have in front of these games: "everything will be fine", and it's not, it's not at all.

if we want the real trick is to present Leah as an LI, with a score at the end of the chapter, that's a trick

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I only partially agree.

if we want the real trick is to present Leah as an LI, with a score at the end of the chapter, that's a trick
Why? Do we always know what to expect by the people in our life? The plot even seeds a tiny bit of clues here and there that something is off.

Now, i must agree that this game subverts expectation a lot, but i'm not sure if it's more the fault of this game or of the aboundance of games here which barely have any story. I'm replaying for istance, Sisterly Love, lately and geeee... what the plot even is about? It's only a guy who lives on unearned money spending his days plotting how to fuck his own, uhm.. childwood friends. And that's it.

For the good and for the bad we are on two different planets here.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I only partially agree.

Why? Do we always know what to expect by the people in our life? The plot even seeds a tiny bit of clues here and there that something is off.

Now, i must agree that this game subverts expectation a lot, but i'm not sure if it's more the fault of this game or of the aboundance of games here which barely have any story. I'm replaying for istance, Sisterly Love, lately and geeee... what the plot even is about? It's only a guy who lives on unearned money spending his days plotting how to fuck his own, uhm.. childwood friends. And that's it.

For the good and for the bad we are on two different planets here.
pointing out an LI that will never be one is a little cheat, which serves to increase the surprise effect

I do not agree on the issue of clues, which really become such only at the end, Leah has an "unpleasant" appearance this tends to lead people to dump her immediately in favor of Meghan or Melissa, and then trigger after the feelings of guilt, we are the ones who gave her the last push towards madness? clearly not, but until proven otherwise ... the doubt is there

the novelty was just insert so many twists in a genre by nature quite consolatory, which I agree with you was certainly a positive turn

although along with the merits we must admit that AL has a huge flaw, its central drama is often in danger of being completely insignificant, ok, no one wants to let a girl die, but how upset were those who pursued Rena? and those who had done everything to get rid of Meghan for a solo story with Melissa?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Echbert

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Now, this is what bother me more of this game. You cannot avoid Melissa. Now, it's something i don't like in the first place but in the economy of this game it's just next level.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Red469

May 18, 2018
Then I'm not playing further. The game was good. But fuck that. If I wanted to feel powerless then I would just continue my daily life

Thanks for the answer tho.
Trust me when I say this to you... the Endings Are VERY Powerful and there are two depending who you chose to save. and yes I felt the same way... How did he not see this coming to protect the girls or in the least leave town with them.

whistlertwo

May 10, 2022
I'd say definitely, but I'm also a big fan of Acting Lessons.
Being a DIK is quite different though, so maybe you'll enjoy it more.
oh it wasn’t bad at all. I just expected some masterpiece from what some ppl said about it - it was good but not amazing. I guess I’ll check the other one out.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Without the build up of the story the ending will fall flat. You need to first care for each single caracter to enjoy the pieces falling onto their places or to suffer for them to go avry.
Not really. We both know what the "build up" is intended to do. We both know the dev's intent. Are you really doing anyone a favor by pushing them into the emotional chute? Do you really think the term "enjoy" has any place in the ultimate storyline? I've read many reactions here and I've never read a comment suggesting that they "enjoyed" the key scene that's made this VN famous (or perhaps infamous depending on your point of view).

Maybe a better response would be to suggest they read through the reviews. Just pointing out that the responses to this VN vary wildly, and a bit of warning, however revealed, might be in order.

Just my observation, and I've been very careful not to lift any skirts.

Last edited:
Reactions: voltairepop

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Not really. We both know what the "build up" is intended to do. We both know the dev's intent. Are you really doing anyone a favor by pushing them into the emotional chute? Do you really thing the term "enjoy" has any place in the ultimate storyline? I've read many reactions here and I've never read a comment suggesting that they "enjoyed" the key scene that's made this VN famous (or perhaps infamous depending on your point of view).

Maybe a better response would be to suggest they read through the reviews. Just pointing out that the responses to this VN vary wildly, and a bit of warning, however revealed, might be in order.

Just my observation, and I've been very careful not to lift any skirts.
You know, that's pretty much why people reads novels, watches movies and so on. To be emotionally and intellectually 'manipulated'. The 'hero' travels throug tribolations, dangers, obstacles, deep lows and then in the end he/her rise and triumph (adventure story) or goes through an ultimate sacrifice of sort (dramatic story). About the structure it is supposed to have some prologue, where you get to know the protagonist, a plot where you get to care for the protagonists and the supports and to grudge against the antagonist, which is meant to involve you emotionally and/or intellectually (ah, the old Star Trek...) and then you have a resolution, when you get the emotional payoff or the intellectual satisfaction/stimulation, which is also known as the catharsys.

Strip a story of this 3 parts and it won't really work.

I know that recently holliwood is systematically producin movies where the struggle is evicted. The diverse hero(ine) is amazing from the beginning, he/she/x overcome anything eyes closed, as long as he/she/x fucks the patriarchy and in the end he/she/x triumphs and it comes out that he/she/x was even more amazingester then you though he/she/x was.

And that's pretty much why recent movies sucks with a precious few exceptions.

Then you may prefer a lighter tone story than a deep drama, and it's absolutely ok, whatever is your pair of shoes. But this game is a deep drama and there is not much you can do about it rather then maybe choose a different title.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
Without the build up of the story the ending will fall flat. You need to first care for each single caracter to enjoy the pieces falling onto their places or to suffer for them to go avry.
I laready played the game once, just felt like watching the ending again and yes, indeed checking the sexy scenes.

baselunare

May 5, 2022
Here is the Italian translation of "Acting lessons" version "1.0.2".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is: Mega

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Acting lessons" versione "1.0.2".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è: Mega
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!
il link non funziona, è possibile ripristinarlo?

4.60 star(s) 807 Votes