4.20 star(s) 54 Votes

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
All right, lads, stand firm! This is going to be one looong message!

oh aye, a bug i found, when u get all the cow girls preggers, the head cow give birth, but the rest dont

i think u can get them to give birth but im not sure @Beornwahl
Only Broodmothers give births to monster actors. This would be the "Mother Cow" in this regards. All your other cows give births to wild cows that roam the Field region for future encounters.

Fun fact time!:

Broodmother is the broad name used on the actor-birthing character of non-sentient races/monster races
The term Matriarchs is used on actor-birthing characters of sentient races - here, those that can speak.

So remember lads! If a bug-reports mentions Matriarchs I'll actually be looking through the sentient races, not the monster girls - unless my commonsense-senses start tingling! And they rarely do... ::|:

How about after a few encounters and no pregnancy she revials that she is actually infertile and looking for a cure and once we have pics you can have her send you to a quest to find the cure and fix the problem?
Holy shit! That is an excellent idea! I'm putting it on the work list immediately!

The day we find good pictures... that will be a good day.

I think the reason for impregnation not working always is because "High Preg" script leaves the $Preg variable to undefined state if impregnation fails. So, the pregnancy variable gets this undefined value. E.g these are the values after the first impregnation attempt in a game fails:
inannaDone:1
inannaPreg:undefined
inannaQuest:10

After save and reload the inannaPreg variable disappears:
inannaDone:1
inannaQuest:10
:heartcoveredeyes::eazyHype::firstimekiss::test2::test2::test2::eazyHype::heartcoveredeyes::firstimekiss::heartcoveredeyes:

You've done it! You might actually have done it! I've changed the code, added an <<else>> that sets to 0, so now nothing should be left undefined! Only time will tell if it works of course, but irregardless:

You've earned a SuperDuperGaiaCreationPoint!!! :eazyHype::eazyHype::eazyHype: YAY!!!!!

What does such a point do??? Not sure. But save it well!!!

I've also encountered a bug with monsters, if you choose to send one of your monsters away from its area, it doesn't give you back that spot, so the maximum amount you can have decreases by 1 every time. This happened with cowgirls and centaurs, but possibly others that I haven't tested. (I sent 3 away from each, so I only had 13, but the option to capture new ones didn't show up and newly born ones were automatically sent away)
You are true and right to the bone! Such an awful bug - not only having to send a daughter away, but not having the room for a new one after! The fix took a bit of work but should do the trick. Give version 1.5.6 a try <3

I just saw a missing image when encountering a Manticore

img/People/Creature/manticore/26.gif

There is no such image in my game. I am using a version 1.4 download, upgraded with the 1.5 upgrade. I tried the torrent but there were no seeds at the time I tried.
The highest image I have is 16.gif
Indeed, no such picture exist. The manticore race is the smallest of all the races in game in regards to pictures, why the game distributed a higher number than the slated 16 is currently uncertain. My tests could not reproduce it. Write if it happens again! Especially on a new save after version 1.5.6.

Just a note all, I just a useful yo[ in the thread at the Hypnopics Collective

This is a really useful tip, I was having a number of issues, notably with some of Freia's encounters, and capturing some monster girls, but after trying this the events are working again.

As noted I used the Restart link and reloaded a game

PS
this implies the same may not be saving the state of some variables, or that restarting is resetting some variables back to a valid state
Interesting...

Version 1.5.6 contains a small edit to the combat win passage, which might help.
May very well not help at all... and even break stuff - you know how this game goes...

Having issues impregnating Freia too.
Hopefully fixed now! Fingers crossed! Won't work on old saves where problem already exists though....

emmm...That's a new save and never reloaded it.
Try version 1.5.6, should be good!

I am having the same issue in the desert with the blank box. Using google chrome. The blessings wont work to let me transport back to camp and only allows load a save game.
-I have replicated multiple times through each reload and it doesnt specifically act on any one single encounter.
-I then started using save to disk and load to disk and same issue continues.
-I wiped browser and the issue persisted.
-Not skilled in html (and all that jazz lol) so my account of what happened is the best I can describe it. Wish I could help more with it!
-I have not had issues with impregnating any of the matriarchs (I also start over when I download a new version) or the monsters. Some of the monster queens will give birth but not keep children examples: bunny, succubus, orc/goblin? and spider.
Still an awesome game! Thank you for all the hard work that goes into this!
I'm just here to copy your report, don't mind me. A little note, however, the fix won't be in 1.5.6 - still working on it... A blessing ensure safe return from such end has been added until fix arrives.

And thanks for your work with the bug report, really appreciated.

v1.5.5 New Game > Music > Silence music
Yeah, the music passage was flawed, should be fixed now, 1.5.6.

The Monstergirl Fights for the Desert and the Jungle are similarily broken, same issue.
Version 1.5.6 "might::|:" contain a fix..? Otherwise we'll send the reports to master DragonRB who should know how to fix it.

not sure if its a bug or a design flaw: in the summer my food often goes negative while my preserved food continues to grow. (it grows in the winter too). I can't be sure but the preserved food never seems to be used. Also there seems to be no negative consequences for negative food since the preserved food is always positive. at the moment i have over 4k preserved food and negative fresh food.

also encountered an error when the first pig girl is removed as queen. The pic is not found but the game does not crash until you attempt to do something with the non-queen emily.
I can't find the pig/emelie bug - does it happen for other races as well?
But I made some edits for food - hopefully they should prevent the growing minus... hopefully...

For some reason the Nut birth picture is missing.
Huh, so it is... odd. Anyway, should be fixed in 1.5.6.

pretty sure this is not her name, it was normal until she grown.
:biggrin: ups... fixed in 1.5.6

I don't know if anyone asked before but its about Nut and her doughtier. Are we only allowed to pick either the mother or doughtier or is there a way to get both of them? :confused:
The quest can end in three ways: Get just Nut, get just Nephthys, or get both.

Hey Beornwahl just wanted to say that your game is awesome and please don't abandon it(pretty please?)
Don't you pwetty pwease me, you scallywag!

Ah, you know, all of these games gets abandoned sooner or later. Let's just hope I can manage to get the Elven Update out before then, so the game might be called Completed (in a very broad use of the word of course) instead.

I was thinking the same thing like Teal where instead of having a walking sack of lard we could get a curvy looking girl instead. I mean yes we can just ignore her but I think that would be kind of sad to ignore another possible mother. Besides who said that the people of that culture were not actually describing a curvy looking goddess. :rolleyes:
I simply picked the girl with the greatest resemblance to the Venus of Willendorf figurine I could find :biggrin:

Error: <<audio>>: track "TempMusic" does not exist.

I was trying to mute the music and got this error, from clicking all three options.
Should be fixed in the new version - can't switch tracks anymore though, since there is only one now.

This is a brand new save after I downloaded 1.5.4. Other matriarchs are always working, but found out that when Venus is pregnant it is actually Inanna that gives birth. I've never saved and reloaded before encountering the problem. Hope it helps.
It does, thanks! And hopefully, the problems should both be fixed now... we'll see...

So, I did a bit of testing to see what might be causing it, I'll lay out the details as I remember them.

First off, playing on Chrome/Windows 7.

It has only happened in the desert, it was a new game and not an old save, I have the old image folder updated with the 1.5.4 pack, have not updated to 1.5.5 game file.

If I do nothing else but pursue the Nut/Nephthys line until they are in my camp, everything works fine. By nothing else I mean that I don't build anything, fight anything, or capture anything. The only things I do are talk to (eventual) broodmothers/Matriarchs and flee. If I do this, the Nut line completes successfully, and I don't get any empty boxes.

However, if I explore a bit (build some things, maybe recruit Rheia/Venus into my camp) immediately after completing the first encounter with Nut I have a chance of getting the empty boxes, and I never get another encounter with her no matter how many times I restart/load/attempt progress, so I can only imagine the blank box is an attempt by the game to progress her storyline, but it fails for some reason.

On a slightly related note, I'm getting an image failure on the "Nut gives birth" page for Nut herself, and for her sex page I'm getting the Sex1.gif, then the Sex2.gif, but all the others just repeat the Sex2.gif. Not sure why.

...and to wrap up, I just wanted to say thank you for creating this game. You've done a great job. Hopefully all of the bug reports and such don't discourage you, because it is awesome. Just trying to do my part to help I guess :p. Thanks again :)
Copy copy, the good report... for I am kind of a rhyming sort.

This clearly indicates that the blank screen is linked to building. Combined with some earlier reports the pieces are starting to fall into place! "Elementary," said he. Though blanks are hard to rid entirely of such a game...

errors i found in 1.5.5
picture of one of the daugthers: (She is a daughter of you and one of your girls)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
when i want to turn off, turn on, or change music:
The music is fixed, but the instance of a "Caves" girl being assigned a higher number than 16, similar to the reports of manticores, is still uncertain. Will need further testing and reports. For now, well... ditch her.:coldsweat:

Reactions: gue5t and mighty

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
So i just had 2 girls be born both assigned the caves/girl23 image, which does not exist. Looking through my img folder caves/girls only goes to girl 12. Have I missed an image set somewhere?

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
So i just had 2 girls be born both assigned the caves/girl23 image, which does not exist. Looking through my img folder caves/girls only goes to girl 12. Have I missed an image set somewhere?
I've just fixed it (hopefully). Will be out in version 1.5.7.

krys69

Sep 6, 2017
OK so did anyone figure out how it works with Nut and her doughtier impregnation's? Because what I have observed is that A: you can give your opinion to mom and than she goes and dies but than your left with the doughtier; B: you either take the doughtier to your tent OR revive the mother which ends up with the doughtier dying instead; C: don't tell Nut about your thoughts and let her be ignorant of what have happened to the world and than BAAAAAAAM your getting both to your tent. (BEST OPTION EVER!!!!!!!:FeelsGoodMan:) So the reason I was asking the question was that lots of people were mentioning issues with both mother and doughter being present in the tent and that it was giving them issues in sens of impregnating both. So I was just wondering if that is still an issue. But for now I will try the mother and doughtier tag team because why not. :FuckYea::)

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
@Beornwahl Say... when will you have a break from the development of this game? Because honestly... I keep downloading every single base/update/things that came out.. but for the life of me, I still have to begin this from scratch xD

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
@Beornwahl Say... when will you have a break from the development of this game? Because honestly... I keep downloading every single base/update/things that came out.. but for the life of me, I still have to begin this from scratch XD
Well right now he is patching the game so that it works as intended.

Reactions: Faldir

Faldir

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Due to some internet instability warned in my area (most likely due to the monstrous snowstorm OF DEATH that's haunting these shores - it's like -4 decrees!!! or was it routine maintenance..?), I'll upload my current work on 1.5.7, but will be hard to reach for a bit after.

I send you all the warmest of my mental hugs during the next frosty week - may our workplaces shut down by the snow, and our beers become chilled to perfection!

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
Am i supposed to start a new game with every new player version? Just updated to 1.5.7 comming from 1.5.5 where i already started a new game...

@Beornwahl i hope you survive the monstrous storm ;)
Go into the old game, load your most recent save, then save to disk. Then, load the more recent game and click, load from disk, and choose the game you saved. :)

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
Thx, but I know how to save to disk and load from disk. What i meant was will I get bugs or miss out content by using an old save with a new player version?
Oh, sorry. I did and I wasn't able to find the new character, but that may have just been me

mighty

Jun 29, 2017
@Beornwahl, Adam and Gaia is a phenomenal game! I'm now hopelessly hooked and am kicking myself for not finding this sooner...

I do have 2 questions though:
#1:
If I wanted to add a few custom gifs/images of my own to the girl scenes (or swap them if that's easier), where/how would I go about doing that? While I'm not super tech savvy, hopefully, I should be able to DIY something that works.

#2:
My current save file is on v1.5.5. I have now downloaded v1.5.7 and am wondering whether I'll miss anything going forward reloading my old save into the new .html?

Other maybe relevant info:
I use sublime 3 for text editing (HTML syntax?) and mac OS

Thank you again for your amazing work! :heartcoveredeyes::eazyHype::heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: sp1ker

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
@Beornwahl, Adam and Gaia is a phenomenal game! I'm now hopelessly hooked and am kicking myself for not finding this sooner...

I do have a question though:
If I wanted to add a few custom gifs/images of my own to the girl scenes (or swap them if that's easier), where/how would I go about doing that? While I'm not super tech savvy, hopefully, I should be able to DIY something that works.

Thank you again for your amazing work! :heartcoveredeyes::eazyHype::heartcoveredeyes:
Swapping would definitely be easiest. At that point you would just name them to match whatever image you intend to replace, and also make sure that the format is the same (I think everything is saved as a .gif to make coding easier), otherwise the game won't "call" that particular image.

~Morningfrost

Reactions: sp1ker

DarkVigilante

Jul 26, 2017
So, in the interest of testing things out, I'm pretty sure the "empty event box in the Desert area" is about buildings, as you concluded.

Apparently, if I construct anything in the Desert except the Cat Village/Spider Den, the empty box has a chance (and a fairly high one) of popping up. If I only construct the Cat/Spider areas, everything functions just fine. I've tested it where I build only one of the 4 offending structures, 2 of them, and all 4. I get the empty box no matter how many are built.

So I just have to choose whether I want the human village/mummies/insect girls/nymphs, or Nut/Nephthys and their daughters haha

Hope this helps :)

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Oh, sorry. I did and I wasn't able to find the new character, but that may have just been me
I have a save at the first time in the desert temple. Still not figured out quite how I bag the chick(s). No matter the option it seems I have several 20+ turn weeks after with nothing but wiffs on the temple. So at a loss, as to how to trigger these :D

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017

I do have 2 questions though:
#1:

#2:
My current save file is on v1.5.5. I have now downloaded v1.5.7 and am wondering whether I'll miss anything going forward reloading my old save into the new .html?

Hey mighty,

For #1 - it's pretty easy! No coding involved at all (to swap them at least). See my post for how to install them, and for my custom images/gifs to use as an example. If you make something awesome, please share :) :) :)

Tort

Feb 25, 2018
Ignore the missing folder issue... I'd made a dumb mistake somewhere.

However playing on the current 1.5.7 build fresh save I've grabbed a Bee girl for preserve production and fucked her to get more, however it still says shes a virgin, so something isn't happening right there! (I have fucked her multiple times)

Edit: Ok making her Queen Bee then fucking her removed virgin status, still struggling with pregnancy... but I haven't taken the fertile perk yet, so maybe that'll help!

Edit 2: ok yes fertility perk was the charm!

AncalagonBlk

Dec 19, 2016
I need a walkthrough for the goo girl in Izanami's house. I have the ability to spend time with either of them, but when I ask Izanami to move in, the goo girl seems to go away. How do I progress with her and make her a slime queen?

D

Deleted member 434267

Ignore the missing folder issue... I'd made a dumb mistake somewhere.

However playing on the current 1.5.7 build fresh save I've grabbed a Bee girl for preserve production and fucked her to get more, however it still says shes a virgin, so something isn't happening right there! (I have fucked her multiple times)

Edit: Ok making her Queen Bee then fucking her removed virgin status, still struggling with pregnancy... but I haven't taken the fertile perk yet, so maybe that'll help!

Edit 2: ok yes fertility perk was the charm!
Yeah Beegirls don't lose their virginity or get pregnant unless they're assigned as Queen Bee, which is likely a bug (though an inconsequential one, as you never get to keep the offspring anyway unless the monster girl is assigned as Broodmother).

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes