bananahabruh

May 27, 2017
Or you could ask the guy who translated and provided the patch. :D
Feel free to PM or tag me next time and I can help.

Have you tried following the instructions on the ULMF site? (you can go to my translation thread for this game, or read a few tutorials on ULMF about patching RPGMaker games, since over there, you're expected to learn how to do that). Also, not sure what you mean by "sort of worked", so I'd appreciate some more info. Again, feel free to PM and I can try to help you through it.

Also, thanks for purchasing and supporting the dev, even if you're gonna share anyway. FYI, v1.2 (unpatched) is on some of the H-file sharing websites now, so you can just look for it and use my patch on the untranslated game. Not gonna provide links or advocate for that, of course.
It works perfectly now, I just forgot to cut out the RGSS file like an absolute fool

Well seeing as those sharing websites have them, then I guess I won't have to do it then :p.

Also, Thanks for providing the translation for the latest patch.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
HOW DO I SOLVE THE ERROR RGSS202J.dll.??
Step 1: There's a button on your keyboard that says "Caps lock". Turn it off.
Step 2: Open your browser's search engine. Alternatively, scroll up to the top of this page and click on the search bar.
Step 3: Type in your query. Evaluate the results and read.
Step 4: Download and install RPGMaker VX RTP. Do not download a .dll file from any untrusted site, as you'll screw up your computer.

Step 4 is the answer. Steps 1-3 are for your own growth as a human being.

ThousandHatNinja

Jul 23, 2018
right then.PNG
Don't mind me, the only way I find a solution to a problem is by posting about it embarrassingly first. I just skipped to that step this time to speed things up.

DannyCCC

Oct 30, 2019
If anyone can help me with this glitch, after downloading the game the character just moving to the left of the screen and can't stop moving left...I've been stuck at the start of the game in town stuck in a corner because it's like someone broke the move left key and it's now stuck moving left. I can move Up and Down but once I stop moving up or down it keeps going to the left and moving right just makes you standstill. If someone can help me with this then thanks. Was hoping to play a good game but, if the movement is f***ed then that sucks for me I guess.

Edit: I tried the trick of holding the left button for a while to see if it would fix it as I've had problems like this in other games where holding down the button of the stuck movement with unstuck it (I'm now good trying to be technical with how I word things so sry) and that usually resets the movement but after holding it down for trying that a few time it hasn't worked here so not sure what else to do now so again need help and thanks for anyone that can help me with this.

Last edited:

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
If anyone can help me with this glitch, after downloading the game the character just moving to the left of the screen and can't stop moving left...I've been stuck at the start of the game in town stuck in a corner because it's like someone broke the move left key and it's now stuck moving left. I can move Up and Down but once I stop moving up or down it keeps going to the left and moving right just makes you standstill. If someone can help me with this then thanks. Was hoping to play a good game but, if the movement is f***ed then that sucks for me I guess.

Edit: I tried the trick of holding the left button for a while to see if it would fix it as I've had problems like this in other games where holding down the button of the stuck movement with unstuck it (I'm now good trying to be technical with how I word things so sry) and that usually resets the movement but after holding it down for trying that a few time it hasn't worked here so not sure what else to do now so again need help and thanks for anyone that can help me with this.
Disable/enable NUMLOCK. Does the trick for me every time.

DannyCCC

Oct 30, 2019
Disable/enable NUMLOCK. Does the trick for me every time.
Wow it worked, I usually hold down the direction that is usually locked and it usually takes a 20 to 30 sec hold down and it fixes itself that way but this time it didn't work and I didn't really have any other fixes other than that one. Thanks for the help mate.

cuoly

Jun 20, 2020
are there any quest / side quest from people in town?

for virgin play, up and down tower can only walk? no teleport or other way to get elevator key? i tried put elevator key in bag with saveeditor but the elevator cannot open.

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
I gotta say, as much as this got asked around on this entire thread, I dunno why the RPGM VX RTP step isn't written in the Installation Instructions in the OP. I mean, it is that common to miss, and other similar RPG Maker titles have that step, too (some others also have that step missing, but I guess that's gonna take a while to review each title to report this across the board).

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Konpon In part, laziness on both sides:

1. OPs: these "instructions" are simply copypasta unless installation requires excessive shenanigans...and sometimes even that does not help. Neither does the fact that this copypasta is enough for most cases.
2. Users: Googling "RPGVX RTP" leads you straight to the RTP download website. And RPGMaker forums with threads literally going "post 1: where?" and "post 2: here [link to the RTP]". Not to mention searching the very thread you download the game from: it does get tiring after a while.

And the game is not exactly popular/new anymore - new downloads are rare at this point. And many people already have the RTP installed since this is far from the first RPGM game they played. AND some of those games came with their own RTP files required.

It all boils down to this: it seems like "this is being asked alot", but that is simply because those are the only kind of people still posting - others never had to deal with the problem, had the ability to use the Search function (or at least go through the last couple pages) and/or have long since moved on from whatever game thread the post is in.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Konpon In part, laziness on both sides:

1. OPs: these "instructions" are simply copypasta unless installation requires excessive shenanigans...and sometimes even that does not help. Neither does the fact that this copypasta is enough for most cases.
2. Users: Googling "RPGVX RTP" leads you straight to the RTP download website. And RPGMaker forums with threads literally going "post 1: where?" and "post 2: here [link to the RTP]". Not to mention searching the very thread you download the game from: it does get tiring after a while.

And the game is not exactly popular/new anymore - new downloads are rare at this point. And many people already have the RTP installed since this is far from the first RPGM game they played. AND some of those games came with their own RTP files required.

It all boils down to this: it seems like "this is being asked alot", but that is simply because those are the only kind of people still posting - others never had to deal with the problem, had the ability to use the Search function (or at least go through the last couple pages) and/or have long since moved on from whatever game thread the post is in.
I'd say the worst part of it is that a quick google search would pretty much get you your answer in seconds. As such, people get tired of the same thing over and over and over again.
Heck, even a quick forum search here wouldn't take that long.

As such, if person A is too lazy to even bother to spend a few seconds searching, why would person B want to spend his/her time typing out an explanation time and time again ya know.

Reactions: Ferghus and Konpon

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Honestly, it should be somewhere in the rules for posting RPGM games that require their respective RTP files, to also link it on the OP. For the same reasons as having these common issues sometimes appearing in other threads, regardless of how forgotten any particular title is or not. On another note, it is nuts how there are still devs making games in the old RPGM engines, but that is often a design choice, not one out of efficiency. Not counting this title, of course, as this is from 2018. And even then, VX is pretty much treated as the red-headed stepchild to the Middle child sibbling known as VX Ace. Which surprises me how this game is built on that old one.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Honestly, it should be somewhere in the rules for posting RPGM games that require their respective RTP files, to also link it on the OP. For the same reasons as having these common issues sometimes appearing in other threads, regardless of how forgotten any particular title is or not. On another note, it is nuts how there are still devs making games in the old RPGM engines, but that is often a design choice, not one out of efficiency. Not counting this title, of course, as this is from 2018. And even then, VX is pretty much treated as the red-headed stepchild to the Middle child sibbling known as VX Ace. Which surprises me how this game is built on that old one.
Well, dunno why a DEV chooses an antique RPGM editor to build his game, but it's not THAT common an occurrence these days. At least, recently I'm not seeing many new games needing anything other than MV+.
Going back too much has impact on a lot, including limits on resolution for example. But also the mouse controls out of the box (I see many people complain about that on the forums here).

But sure, there are still those that decide to go with VX Ace or something. Could be several reasons for that really.
Either the DEV has experience with it and it's custom scripting + doesn't wanna learn JS.
Maybe they're cheapskates & don't wanna buy a new license.

Could be anything, but I guess in most cases, EXP will be reason #1 for sticking with an old engine.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Win (515 MB/ 361 MB) : , [1.20]

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 9 Votes