Hornkneegamer

Apr 8, 2022
I can't seem to get android version to install? Goes about half way then fails. Anyone else? Other games I manage to install np and I have plenty of space on my phone like 4-5gb.

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Just found out that you don't actually lose the bear trap after Rins event. I don't know if someone already reported it but I put that here
Strange, it should be removed.. Could you post your save file? After the event?

Ameffin

Jan 27, 2021
Strange, it should be removed.. Could you post your save file? After the event?
I loaded an older save and retried the event so I don't have the save file anymore, or if I have it I don't know where, but it worked just fine the second time

Ameffin

Jan 27, 2021
I played the game once more and the bear trap is still in my inventory after the event, how do I post the save file ?

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
I played the game once more and the bear trap is still in my inventory after the event, how do I post the save file ?
the files are in 2 places your game folder (backup) and in appdata/roaming/renpy. just attach (bottom left) the file and you're good

• Red Heart
Reactions: PastryIRL

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So i started playing, finally.
Your writing of course ain't as good as the original, but it's still good.
Loved the video, damn good work with it. :cool::coffee:

Anyway, i had an idea to make toads more like original.
Let's say that once the hp of one of the girls is like 80-90% a toad may attempt to swallow that girl.
The toad will put that girl in its mouth and from that point on the player has like 3 turns to free her or she gets swallowed completely, putting her out of action til the end of combat.
Each turn the girl who is stuck in a toads mouth could say something funny, while also visibly getting more and more swallowed.
To free the girl from a toads mouth the player would need to manage to land like... 2-3 successful hits on that toad.
After the girl is free she is to be covered in slime which will act perhaps like a debuff of sorts, their fighting spirit is down and so they will take more damage. Except Darkness of course, it's the other way around for her, being covered in slime actually boosts her fighting spirit, letting her regenerate her hp for as long as the "slimed" debuff lasts. :whistle::coffee:

You could apply similar logic to other enemies as well, to make combat much more interesting, adjusting to account for each party member's strengths, weaknesses, and character, and also accounting for how things went in the anime. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Pastry I am going against my beliefs, and ask a question that I thought I would never make, but alas I am in abstinence of good writing…
Here it goes my honor:

Update when

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Update when
Soon™

Jokes aside, I'm hoping to be able to push it out by the end of the month, but I've already blown through one deadline. This update will bring a huge rewrite and some major gameplay changes, so I've got my work cut out for me and way less free time than I used to have :)

Loved the video, damn good work with it
Glad you liked it :D

a toad may attempt to swallow that girl
I've actually considered a mechanic like this (courtesy of Darkest Dungeon), and might implement it in the future.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I've actually considered a mechanic like this (courtesy of Darkest Dungeon), and might implement it in the future.
Don't forget that you could also implement similarly hilarious mechanics to other enemies as well.
For example you could make all undead enemies ignore every other party member and skill and always agro Aqua, and while at it make her say funny lines like "why always me" during combat with the undead. :sneaky::coffee:
At the same time whenever Aqua is in the battle with the undead you could enable a new skill for her to use, let's call it "Run from the Undead" which would give her 50% evasion against undead attacks for a couple of turns. :giggle::coffee:

Last edited:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
Jokes aside, I'm hoping to be able to push it out by the end of the month, but I've already blown through one deadline. This update will bring a huge rewrite and some major gameplay changes, so I've got my work cut out for me and way less free time than I used to have :)
errm should I be concerned?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PastryIRL

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So i mulled that "Run from the Undead" skill idea some more and i think if you felt like it you could make it more complicated:

When the party is fighting 5 or less undead, enable "Run from the Undead" skill for Aqua:
Positives:
*50% chance to evade undead attacks.
*3 hp regeneration per turn.
Negatives:
*Unable to act til "Run from the Undead" stops working.
*20% chance to make Kazuma miss his turn due to Aqua luring the undead in his direction. (And let's not forget to make Kazuma curse at Aqua if this procs.)

When the party is fighting more than 5 undead, enable "Run like hell from the Undead" skill for Aqua:
Positives:
*70% chance to evade undead attacks.
*6 hp regeneration per turn.
Negatives:
*Unable to act til "Run like hell from the Undead" stops working.
*30-40% chance to make Kazuma miss his turn due to Aqua luring the undead in his direction. (And let's not forget to make Kazuma curse at Aqua if this procs.)

See if you like this. :whistle::coffee:

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
So i mulled that "Run from the Undead" skill idea some more and i think if you felt like it you could make it more complicated:

When the party is fighting 5 or less undead, enable "Run from the Undead" skill for Aqua:
Positives:
*50% chance to evade undead attacks.
*3 hp regeneration per turn.
Negatives:
*Unable to act til "Run from the Undead" stops working.
*20% chance to make Kazuma miss his turn due to Aqua luring the undead in his direction. (And let's not forget to make Kazuma curse at Aqua if this procs.)

When the party is fighting more than 5 undead, enable "Run like hell from the Undead" skill for Aqua:
Positives:
*70% chance to evade undead attacks.
*6 hp regeneration per turn.
Negatives:
*Unable to act til "Run like hell from the Undead" stops working.
*30-40% chance to make Kazuma miss his turn due to Aqua luring the undead in his direction. (And let's not forget to make Kazuma curse at Aqua if this procs.)

See if you like this. :whistle::coffee:
considering it is not kazuma piloting (and the relationship between aqua and mc may be different) that part of cursing Aqua would be jarring/require several versions depending on state of aqua's path and what not.
I'm also of the mind that this entire system is not essential to the game but apart of the one interaction I have nothing against it either

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes