zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
molitar being molitar
1701332006595.gif
It's been nerfed in 018 and currently only increases the counter is you're under 3 days left. I'm still considering what to do about it since it was too easy to cheese the gold/days with it and miss a lot of actual content
Forgot to answer this; yeah I would keep it nerfed, either give a bit of a boost the first times you complete the task, then lower its benefits till it becomes almost pointless doing that so players will be pushed to search for different ways of obtaining gold and days.
Or turn it into a a risk reward task; where RNG decides the outcome, even the negative ones, but this would resort too muvh on betting and could result completely annoying in the long run

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
1. Working nerfed and jail time keeps dropping

4. Can only do 1 quest a day which is damn ridiculous. 1 action than back to mansion for night time

4. Leveling nearly fucking impossible (takes way too damn much exp or too little exp for battles)

6. Kazuma damage is SHIT! Seen Aqua hit harder with her damn staff!
just gonna say these points are objectively false.

working construction does not add to days until jailed counter with the exception of days being less than 3! this means you can still farm and put off questing.

actually false, you can take multiple quests that have no time limit, stack them for days, then randomly say enough stacking, time for the sweet gold and XP. (finishing quests give XP too though imo it prob shouldn't)

equip chunchunmaru on kazuma scrub. notice his default short sword does 20% less damage. with chunchunmaru you get +10% damage and accuracy. that means you do 30% total more damage than default short sword and have a higher chance of hitting things. also snipe definitely does more damage than aqua's staff attack. get good pleb.

PastryIRL

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
hey @PastryIRL what's your thoughts on adding battle formations? both to the player and enemy. where melee attacks can only hit the front line unless certain exceptions are made (the use of lurk for example) until the front line gets downed.
Fun fact, that's how the prototype worked, similar to Darkest Dungeon. I opted to streamline and simplify it instead so I pivoted to the current Octopath-like battle system (because, contrary to what some might think or say, combat isn't the focus of the game
:erisWink:
)

Forgot to answer this; yeah I would keep it nerfed, either give a bit of a boost the first times you complete the task, then lower its benefits till it becomes almost pointless doing that so players will be pushed to search for different ways of obtaining gold and days.
That might be what I'll end up doing. To tell the truth I completely forgot about balancing that particular aspect of the game until 0.1.8, which was when I realized how ridiculously high the rewards are for working there. Mostly cause people kept coming into discord and complaining about missing story/events because they never worked at the guild / adventured, but just clicked on "Work at Construction" until money and jail was no longer a pressing issue.

notice the hair 'somehow' phasing though her shoulder slightly in the first pic (forgivable amount imo) and entirely to wtf amounts in the second pic.
thanks for the report, will get it fixed!

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Fun fact, that's how the prototype worked, similar to Darkest Dungeon. I opted to streamline and simplify it instead so I pivoted to the current Octopath-like battle system (because, contrary to what some might think or say, combat isn't the focus of the game
:erisWink:
)
true, but imo i would think battle formations would make things easier overall. and add some interesting battles to the smarter enemies. also i'd really rather not have the third highest HP character get 2 hit by mobs first turn... and can you really say it doesn't have any combat focus when you keep making super bosses! (and we keep asking for more!) :KEK:

bug report
darkness' bolster skill on it's second upgrade only applied 2 turns (and the mark effect 1 turn) despite the combo count used being +5. oddly enough it only bugged like that at the second upgrade, at the third upgrade it applied the way it should. the upgrades i used was vanguard and rally charge or whatever it's name was. the 80% bad stat/debuff immunity one. could've been a one off bug though, i was having major lag during that fight in particular. *shrug*

Last edited:

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
true, but imo i would think battle formations would make things easier overall. and add some interesting battles to the smarter enemies. also i'd really rather not have the third highest HP character get 2 hit by mobs first turn... and can you really say it doesn't have any combat focus when you keep making super bosses! (and we keep asking for more!) :KEK:
Pastry pamper us with our monthly dose of superbosses.
I am gonna replay the game from scratch next update to challenge myself again

Caio Faria

May 28, 2017
Hello guys, i can't seem to complete the "explore ancient tomb" quest. I pick them up at the guild, travel to ancient tomb and complete the stages, but the quests never seem to complete. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
Hello guys, i can't seem to complete the "explore ancient tomb" quest. I pick them up at the guild, travel to ancient tomb and complete the stages, but the quests never seem to complete. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
you need to reach the bottom for it to count, you need chris in your party to get past the wall.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
PastryIRL

3 bug spotted.
darkness' intimidate skill applies confusion correctly per combo counter use, but not the stat debuff or fear effect. weaken is excused because it's a one off.

shield bandit's shield skill often times prevents the unit they shielded from doing damage (if it's not themself or another sheild bandit anyways, somehow they hit the shield buff off themselves instead, no confusion was applied either so it's real head scratcher).

darkness' riposte upgrade seems to trigger the perma stunned but can still attack bug. if the unit being countered is weak to whatever default weapon anyways. tested that on a spear bandit. and buffed darkness with aqua blessing and whatever eris blessing i had.

random questions/suggestions, why can't we explore the alleyways at night? or visit the heaven via the church at night? when yunyun invite to mansion to live at!!! need to head pat best girl! and lewd her

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I guess if we say no to Lolisa in the future we won't have any more content with her. Is it right?

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
my favorite part of game development
:DarknessPant:
propaganda of the eris cult. no one likes bugs... unless they are features!

btw is eris' bigotry towards demons going to be explored unlike in the canon? i've yet to test if she has any special dialogue in the jibrel fight (as aqua calls her a demon... despite her race being literally a god creation in NGNL canon). and i'd be amused if it was explored a bit instead of swept under and ignored.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020

btw is eris' bigotry towards demons going to be explored unlike in the canon? i've yet to test if she has any special dialogue in the jibrel fight (as aqua calls her a demon... despite her race being literally a god creation in NGNL canon). and i'd be amused if it was explored a bit instead of swept under and ignored.
Well with how Aqua is in terms of knowledge and behavior, I wouldn’t really trust her as a primary source

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

You know how it is... in No Game No Live "Flügel" are a creation of the OLD gods whom had fallen in the war of races hencefore becomeing fallen gods which are in most lores called Evil gods.
And to be fair those old gods were pretty evil even before their fall.
Calling a creation from such beings demons isn't that far of a stretch... though Kazuma correcting Aqua calling Jibrel Death incarnate or a weapon of mass destruction are more alignet to the originals

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
just thought of something pastry, if you ever make a training room a construable thing for the mansion you should make it optional for us players to inspire darkness to get muscle definition, specially some abs!

like this level of abs :sneaky:

4.70 star(s) 39 Votes