Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
well here is a quick fix for it use unren then press 2 then look for

Code:
jump arena_corridor_blur
change it to

Code:
jump rei_side_06
Is this what I need to do to get the Rei fight at the academy to fire? I've got everything done except for that and Mary is always the one at the training facility...

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Heh… Hana is pretty cute (I mean, most are, but specially her; Honoka, Mizuki and Rei as well).

So far I have yet to discover the 2 girls beside Milly and Mika tho.

PS: oh and the cashier

phupdupe

Oct 24, 2019
New version seems broken, the entire intro is skipped and replaced with some fight.
Looks like the dev left in a quick call to the fight scene right at the start label in order to debug it. I assume you are talking about the 5.1 patch release since I see it in that version of the script.rpy file. Anyway, down at line 725 you will see this:

Code:
label start:
    jump rei_arena_fight
    #jump city_map
    $ quick_menu = False
    jump intro
Simply drop a comment character '#' in front of the jump rei_arena_fight line to get:

Code:
label start:
    #jump rei_arena_fight
    #jump city_map
    $ quick_menu = False
    jump intro
Save and restart the game. Now the start button should jump you into the introduction.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Is there a walkthrough? One that says where the events take place, not just vague "Pick this choice for event" lines.

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Brendon90 What do you mean for the player to do on the first day? It just says Start and Hold CTRL to skip to Mika. That doesn't happen. Game starts with Fight against Jade (Rei) and then goes to the map. Where to you meet Mika? Clicking the ? on Mika's profile says there's no events with her.

Last edited:

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
If you lose the fight at the beginning, an error pops up.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'arena_corridor_blur'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/arena_fight.rpyc", line 194, in script
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Adventure\AdventuresAtMagicAcademy-Release_5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1674, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Acer\Games\Indevelopment\Adventure\AdventuresAtMagicAcademy-Release_5-pc\renpy\script.py", line 886, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'arena_corridor_blur'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.0.424
Adventures at Magic Academy Release_5
Tue Nov 05 08:39:37 2019

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Is this version missing the introduction? There's no backstory explaining anything. I would have thought there would be something. Like the opening ceremony for the school or something.

Brendon90

Apr 27, 2018
You are missing one scene with Asuka. If you hang out with her after tutoring you have 3 things you can do with her. You can repeat the first 2 scenes as well as do a third.
Thanks, I updated the save and walkthrough with that scene and info.

As for the beginning fight, that's an error that phupdupe has explained. There's a missing # infront of 'jump rei_arena_fight' (line 726) in script.rpy, so it calls a fight out of the ordinary game progression which causes the errors.

If you need a quick fix for it you can download the fixed script.rpy attached and replace the one in the game folder.

Reactions: Dole

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1579690941072.png

Meet the dev:

1579690939971.png

About me:
I am a university student, currently supporting himself with a part-time job. I've been wanting to write a visual novel style game for a while now so I decided to put some of the ideas I've had into practice. This project is simply a hobby for me right now

Their latest activity ... October of las year activity programme:

I'm still slowly converting the old images to use the new lighting. Obviously this takes away time from making new content so I've focused on new stuff but I'd like a consistent experience

Remember this is a grind your stats trainer game : scene added (requires over 90 combat stat !!!
then you lose stat 4 no reason what so ever : 2 stat decrease every 7 days. Timer is reset if you train that stat.

No wonder this is stuck in limbo right now...

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
hmmm i wonder why this game didnt do so good. i actually liked it pretty good. shame to see it end.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I loved this one, it had massive amounts of potential and the story with the way magic was handled was fun.

I see a lot of games get abandoned for various reasons but when when of the good ones dies it's always a shame.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes