kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
When u extract these 1,2,3 parts make a folder start doing adding 1 part then 2 part and 3 part thats how i did it and if it say something like Extract failed or just keep poping up the same extract sign then just press X (red upper right)

i was struggling installing that same as u but just seem worked like that and now i can play.
No, you have extract only <part1>, <part2> and <part3> unpacking will break some files, which renders for example missing aunt in game (aunt's character is split between part1 and part2). Next broken thing coming with this is, that updater won't work on your version, as it's basically broken by your extracting.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
Anyone has the problem where the game does not run??

I have downloaded all three parts, extracted with no errors.. When I double click on Adventures Of Willy D 0.28.exe, nothing happens..

any ideas?
Try right-click on exe, view properties and remove "file downloaded from net" protection.

redd_mon

Sep 29, 2017
Try right-click on exe, view properties and remove "file downloaded from net" protection.
not sure if there are some requirements I'm not fulfilling with Windows 7 Virtual machine. Seems like even downloading 027 and then updating to 28 did not solve the problem

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
not sure if there are some requirements I'm not fulfilling with Windows 7 Virtual machine. Seems like even downloading 027 and then updating to 28 did not solve the problem
Why do you play in VM?

Reqs:
Code:
Windows XP+
Duo Core @ 1.8Ghz+ (approx)
2GB+ RAM
Visual Studio 2012 - 32 bit Runtime
Non-Dedicated (shared) video card with at least 512MB Shared VRAM & openGL 2.0 support
This could be solved in VM, but hardly, as GPU's are mostly virtualised, if you don't do GPU passthrough. (which is tricky).

Injector

Jun 11, 2018
No, you have extract only <part1>, <part2> and <part3> unpacking will break some files, which renders for example missing aunt in game (aunt's character is split between part1 and part2). Next broken thing coming with this is, that updater won't work on your version, as it's basically broken by your extracting.
idk where u find that problem but just finished the game with that example i said

Sarak

May 27, 2017
The solution was quite strange for me. I have extracted only the part 1, like suggested. Then, I received this message :

18:50:48.024:No config.ini in C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\/config.ini
18:50:48.066:m_gamePath: C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\
18:50:48.066:Loading game from file '' failed!
18:50:48.066:Init failed, could not load game

But for me, the config.ini file is in : C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\Adventures Of Willy D 028\Adventures Of Willy D 028, and not C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\

So, I moved the config.ini file in C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\ and now it's working.

Sorry for my english, I hope it was helpful.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
The solution was quite strange for me. I have extracted only the part 1, like suggested. Then, I received this message :

18:50:48.024:No config.ini in C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\/config.ini
18:50:48.066:m_gamePath: C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\
18:50:48.066:Loading game from file '' failed!
18:50:48.066:Init failed, could not load game

But for me, the config.ini file is in : C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\Adventures Of Willy D 028\Adventures Of Willy D 028, and not C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\

So, I moved the config.ini file in C:\Users\WIN10\Desktop\games\f95\Adventures of Willy D\ and now it's working.

Sorry for my english, I hope it was helpful.
Weird, it should look for it in game directory, maybe it has something to do with nested Adventures of Willy D directory names. @Nenad A. , is this possible?

Jun 8, 2017
My question is not based on idiots that can't install this game,Seriously its not that difficult,Is their any other games like this where its point and click and fully animated? Thanks so much!!!

Junior jack

May 25, 2017
I have had similar issues with screen resolution. At the main screen, that you show in your post, if you can get your mouse cursor to the "OPTIONS" field (Just to the right of "AUTOSAVES") Then click to change "Full Screen" to "Windowed" and change the resolution setting to a lower setting. Then press "Exit" to return to the Main screen. Press "QUIT GAME" if you can get the mouse cursor on it, otherwise use ALT F4 to quit. The next start up of the game should be at the lower screen resolution.
Thanks man. But I can't locate the exit at the options. I've windowed and minimized the resolution. Any tips.to.exit the options?

julesxxx

Dec 5, 2018
How to open a university location, I write about the expectation of a new update, although a lot of locations are not open

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
My question is not based on idiots that can't install this game,Seriously its not that difficult,Is their any other games like this where its point and click and fully animated? Thanks so much!!!
There is "Strangers in a Strange Land", using same game engine (Visionaire), but it's a very small game compared to AOWD content wise.

kolobezka

Apr 13, 2018
There is "Strangers in a Strange Land", using same game engine (Visionaire), but it's a very small game compared to AOWD content wise.
Cockwork Industries is using same engine too, theirs savegame system is fucked up even more (allows only one bookmark), game is ~500M in size, if I remember correctly. Only 6 or 7 scenes and up to ten characters there.

Reactions: depechedNode
4.40 star(s) 113 Votes