jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018
Mmh can someone tell me when the wife arrives ? I want to see the scenes involving her but i don't know what saves to load :cry:

Thanks !

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
This is not 3D!
It is pre-rendered and created with Visionaire Studio, which makes it similar to Leasure Suit Larry.

Dec 7, 2019
Will developers consider adding new tags in the future? Although it is perfect, people expect perfect things to be more perfect.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I paused playing AoWD at ... dunno ... maybe v0.40 but kept installing every update. The only bug i ran into at that time was a ridiculous big Jux Apo at Rose's Bar. Now a few days ago i started a fresh game and noticed some strange things:

- missing dialogue lines
- vanishing objects/characters
- Willy D. hanging upside down on the top left corner of my screen
- missing collecting notifications after some playtime
- shifting screen during some of the dialogues (i.e. Maya, Julia)

Question:
Is there something wrong on my end (installations of the updates went through smoothly; no errors) or have these bugs/glitches to do with the migration to a newer version of Visionaire Studio?

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I paused playing AoWD at ... dunno ... maybe v0.40 but kept installing every update. The only bug i ran into at that time was a ridiculous big Jux Apo at Rose's Bar. Now a few days ago i started a fresh game and noticed some strange things:

- missing dialogue lines
- vanishing objects/characters
- Willy D. hanging upside down on the top left corner of my screen
- missing collecting notifications after some playtime
- shifting screen during some of the dialogues (i.e. Maya, Julia)

Question:
Is there something wrong on my end (installations of the updates went through smoothly; no errors) or have these bugs/glitches to do with the migration to a newer version of Visionaire Studio?
I'm not up to date with the latest bugs, but looks like your installation may have gone wrong. In theory updating the game with only patches for every version should work, but there were/might be some changes to core game engine (being updated, becoming 64bits only, etc.) which may caused some issues. So healthiest way is downloading v1.0 and doing a clean install to be sure what's the cause.

Reactions: Anus Mundi

L_M94

Jan 30, 2020
What's up with the dialog? It takes forever to finish a conversation with another NPC in order to see the menu. I tried clicking, pressing Space/arrows/etc. & it barely moves to the other line. The game runs fine & all as performance goes.

Am I doing something wrong?!

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
What's up with the dialog? It takes forever to finish a conversation with another NPC in order to see the menu. I tried clicking, pressing Space/arrows/etc. & it barely moves to the other line. The game runs fine & all as performance goes.

the dialog is slow at the start but it speeds up at some point, try saving and closing the game out and start it back up, it might speed up for you, i know that worked for me

Nenad A.

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018

Please read what option screen say on bottom. It's caused by option screen in this version. After editing options restart the game as message there says. It's not there to just ignore it. :)

Reactions: lexxxi1

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
So i missed a few updates and thought i start playing it from the start, so far there was 3 scenes that didn't trigger right
the nurse scene when willy get's caught by Giulio in basement and sent to the hospital, the dialog is there but not the characters
jux apartment, when paying $10, the scene never switched over like it did before, and after spending 100, no one is on the table
and this scene here with mini willy

not sure if anyone said anything about it, it's not game breaking but thought i will say something

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
So i missed a few updates and thought i start playing it from the start, [...] the nurse scene when willy get's caught by Giulio in basement and sent to the hospital, the dialog is there but not the characters
Yeah, same here.
jux apartment, when paying $10, the scene never switched over like it did before, and after spending 100, no one is on the table
Hmm, didn't have problems with this one. Scenes played out exactly as they should according to wt.
no one is on the table
and this scene here with mini willy
Not there yet.

Did you install a very basic version and hundreds(ish) of updates? This is what i did. I guess i'll just try a clean 0.51-installaion and see what happens.

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
Yeah, same here.

Hmm, didn't have problems with this one. Scenes played out exactly as they should according to wt.

Not there yet.

Did you install a very basic version and hundreds(ish) of updates? This is what i did. I guess i'll just try a clean 0.51-installaion and see what happens.
it was a clean install and this is what i did
downloaded part 1-7 for v0.51, unpack
downloaded the update for v0.51 to v0.52, installed that and it want in, making the game v0.52
downloaded the update v0.52 to v1.0, and that also installed with no problems
after all that, then i started the game for the first time and been following the WT that is in the op

like i said, it's not breaking the game, but the scenes are off on some things, and for the wt, i'm at v0.19 in it and about to open the silver doll house door

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
it was a clean install and this is what i did
downloaded part 1-7 for v0.51, unpack downloaded the update for v0.51 to v0.52, installed that and it want in, making the game v0.52 downloaded the update v0.52 to v1.0, and that also installed with no problems
Ok, thanks for pointing that out. :)(y) So there's no need for me to reinstall the game since the issues exist also with a clean new installation.

Edit:
Btw., do you play both paths (Mom/Neighbor)? If you play the neighbor-path, did you also miss Willys dialogue when dining with Eve and her mother?

Chemmy

Jun 10, 2018
Ok, thanks for pointing that out. :)(y) So there's no need for me to reinstall the game since the issues exist also with a clean new installation.

Edit:
Btw., do you play both paths (Mom/Neighbor)? If you play the neighbor-path, did you also miss Willys dialogue when dining with Eve and her mother?
at the moment i'm playing with incest path, i thought about starting a new game when i finish and pick the non incest path, but i also want to try out his new game eon as well, so i might do that after this playthrough, and i also came across another scene, the silver doll house, when doing the puzzle, the silver statue in the west room will disappear, but you are still able to complete it and open the door.

fxguy

Jan 13, 2019
Anyone have a save of .38 (incest path) with everything solved to 38s end that works with 1.0?

Drop in the save games folder on my Mac?

Thats where I took a break and had done everything to that point.

I want to continue now but not start ov er!

Thanks so much!

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
[...]and this scene here with mini willy[...]
Ok, i had no "mini willy"-problem, but to play this scene i had to download a save because, when i had to go to Gloria's villa for the first time, my game crashed. I don't know why but, since some players had a similar problem, my guess is that there's probably some sidequest involved.
So question:
Did you do any sidequests? You did at least "Happy Ending", didn't you?

STet

Apr 17, 2020
Ok, i had no "mini willy"-problem, but to play this scene i had to download a save because, when i had to go to Gloria's villa for the first time, my game crashed. I don't know why but, since some players had a similar problem, my guess is that there's probably some sidequest involved.
So question:
Did you do any sidequests? You did at least "Happy Ending", didn't you?
The crash when visiting Gloria's villa was for those who used the save from the previous builds of the game.

4.40 star(s) 113 Votes