4.20 star(s) 49 Votes

Joel Wolf

DILLIGAF
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
He is only releasing the alpha builds to the $25 tier and higher. Will not release to others until he gets to build v.3. He announced he was working on v.3 on Jan 10, 2022 at 05:45 GMT. Since then he has released some extras in ways of photos, his brother got married, he crashed his computer, bought a new one, lost his job, got his job back, quit his job to only work on this and released alpha version 0.25 on June 14, 2023 at 05:00 GMT. His last update stated he will be releasing alpha builds every 10-15 days until v0.3 is ready. Doesn't say how many it will take from current build v.25 to v.3 but we can hope it will only be 4 more until we get to v.3. But for him to get from v.2 to v.25 has taken 18 months. The bright side is, every 10 days tier $25 gets a new alpha version and on the 50th day v3 will be released (or Aug 3, 2023). The dark side is, 18 months we will get v3 (or January 2025).

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
He is only releasing the alpha builds to the $25 tier and higher. Will not release to others until he gets to build v.3. He announced he was working on v.3 on Jan 10, 2022 at 05:45 GMT. Since then he has released some extras in ways of photos, his brother got married, he crashed his computer, bought a new one, lost his job, got his job back, quit his job to only work on this and released alpha version 0.25 on June 14, 2023 at 05:00 GMT. His last update stated he will be releasing alpha builds every 10-15 days until v0.3 is ready. Doesn't say how many it will take from current build v.25 to v.3 but we can hope it will only be 4 more until we get to v.3. But for him to get from v.2 to v.25 has taken 18 months. The bright side is, every 10 days tier $25 gets a new alpha version and on the 50th day v3 will be released (or Aug 3, 2023). The dark side is, 18 months we will get v3 (or January 2025).
What a horrible idea. He talked about making this huge decision to devote himself fully to his project only to shoot himself in the foot? This isn't going to go the way he thinks. What's he going do when it gets leaked?

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Kinda curious what this alpha is. It's been what... a year since they said they were quitting their job to work on this full time? I really really hope it's not the same 10 minutes of intro story with slightly better renders and maybe another 10 minutes of brand new stuff. If that's the case then that is one hell of a poorly used year of time.

Jun 6, 2023
It wasn't even worth it. The update was super short.
Woah, that's even shittier. How greedy can a person be?
If I remember correctly, this is his first game & he hasn't even shown that he can be a reliable dev. In fact it's been the opposite. Yet he is releasing an alpha behind a 25$ paywall?

I initially thought it would have tons of content, atleast 3-4 updates worth, but this being a short update makes me question this dev's actual dedication. Is it to the game? Or money?

If the excuse for the short update is that it's an alpha, then why even release it? Just show previews or something, give us a time for the update and back your words, people will become patrons if you show you can make good content and you're reliable.

And even if he's releasing it, he's putting it behind 25 bucks?

As of right now, this game feels like a scam to me. It's a good quality game with great models and could be a great one.

The only thing that can ruin it is if the dev gets greedy for money instead of dedicating to the game and putting out timely good content. If he does the latter, the money will come automatically, as shown by NLT.

Apologies if I am being a little harsh.

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Woah, that's even shittier. How greedy can a person be?
If I remember correctly, this is his first game & he hasn't even shown that he can be a reliable dev. In fact it's been the opposite. Yet he is releasing an alpha behind a 25$ paywall?

I initially thought it would have tons of content, atleast 3-4 updates worth, but this being a short update makes me question this dev's actual dedication. Is it to the game? Or money?

If the excuse for the short update is that it's an alpha, then why even release it? Just show previews or something, give us a time for the update and back your words, people will become patrons if you show you can make good content and you're reliable.

And even if he's releasing it, he's putting it behind 25 bucks?

As of right now, this game feels like a scam to me. It's a good quality game with great models and could be a great one.

The only thing that can ruin it is if the dev gets greedy for money instead of dedicating to the game and putting out timely good content. If he does the latter, the money will come automatically, as shown by NLT.

Apologies if I am being a little harsh.
Definetely a scam, clear as day, you are not harsh at all, cuz it's the truth. Remember he got permission from his wife to work on this game full time, from his room, leaving his real day job (:LUL:) with about 50 patrons left (:KEK:), 1 year later here we are, some people are too blind.

Jun 6, 2023
Definetely a scam, clear as day, you are not harsh at all, cuz it's the truth. Remember he got permission from his wife to work on this game full time, from his room, leaving his real day job (:LUL:) with about 50 patrons left (:KEK:), 1 year later here we are, some people are too blind.
Woah, really?
Didn't even know all that. Sounds like a bunch of lies to me to be frank.
Also, adds to the fact that he is most probably fishing for money.
Well, hopefully he makes up for it and becomes dedicated to the game.

ljabc

Oct 25, 2021
This drama has a unique design style. Which country does the developer come from

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Affexon [v0.25 ALPHA] [NaughtyDeveloper]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - -

Mac:

- - -

Yes, even though the OP does not state it, it is an ALPHA, you've been warned.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 49 Votes