After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
Theres pointless waiting for text to appear.
Endings are lame, focus should be one scene leading into the next one instead of repeating cycle of end - > reload.
Sorry you feel that way, but that's part of the core game and something I really like. As mentioned, it is very much based on old RAGs game like Rough Landing, Drunken Cowboy, Lilith Device etc. Bad ends were one of the main content pieces and it has taken heavy inspiration from other games outside of that engine, that follow this formula. I'll be extending certain bad ends later on into playable/exended bad ends, once I'm a bit more comfortable with doing so. Example, the bad end with Jenny may possibly have you play through the training she gives to you, but either way you're in a fail state.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Sorry you feel that way, but that's part of the core game and something I really like. As mentioned, it is very much based on old RAGs game like Rough Landing, Drunken Cowboy, Lilith Device etc. Bad ends were one of the main content pieces and it has taken heavy inspiration from other games outside of that engine, that follow this formula. I'll be extending certain bad ends later on into playable/exended bad ends, once I'm a bit more comfortable with doing so. Example, the bad end with Jenny may possibly have you play through the training she gives to you, but either way you're in a fail state.
Endings work for Xtreme scenes which are rare and provide opportunity to do stuff you couldn't expect the character to handle and then move on with their life normally. Some scene with femdom mistress having feet licked leading to game over seems redundant. It could be a gameplay challenge failure state, but it needs actual puzzles and challenges instead of just dialogue choices.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's an interesting start, I really like the concept of Alice though her pranks all being straight is irritating; I like my female protagonists strictly lesbian. It's not entirely clear if she was lying when she said that she would always obey, since I don't believe Kayla actually tells her not to give her hallucinations of random dicks, and in her taking control ends she only took over when she was strictly asked to. What even is her motivation for pranking her like that? Just to humiliate her? IMO a good one would be that her programming has made her fall in love with Kayla and Kayla not being into her the same way (at least yet...) makes her a bit resentful. Either way what I'd like to see is Kayla telling her to 'stop doing that, I'm into girls', and making more use of her; she's a superintelligent AI, surely there's a middle ground between letting her take over Kayla's entire life and ignoring her completely. She would be a perfect guide character to tell the player what to do.
Also the teacher and the will tamer collar was really hot, it's a shame that she couldn't enslave the teacher permanently and take her with her.

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
can you add male and futa protagonist
but it look good and whiting the text or add a setting so you can pick different color for text

Ken To

Jul 22, 2017
I like the ALICE manipulating part
but the full control by ALICE is not what I expected
looking forward for more mind control/corruption contents

Aloo7009

May 29, 2017
To be honest, it was an oversight on my part, I planned to add "back to main menu" buttons and did have a restart button in the side menu that I took out because it could be achieved in under ways. You'll just to reload a save. I recommend you save often, as a lot of the content is in bad ends. I might do a quick hotfix to add in these buttons.

Thank you very much. I tried to make a playable project that doesn't have dead ends or half finished content with a nice shine to it and comments like this help a lot :)
Ma dude, if you keep this up at a nice rate, i'ma pledge soon as I get pay off my work tools in a month or so.

Dazzle01

Jan 23, 2018
sounds like the background setting has taken some inspiration from "the Expanse" tv series, with Mars being/wanting to be independent from Earth and the "belters"(people working on or in the asteroid belts) being oppressed by both sides.

But is also has some vibes from older rags games with mind control themes mixed with BSDM.
Gonna keep an eye on it for when content starts to be filled in.
Yeah, the Expanse and Babylon references are blatant, but really dig the subtle hits of "Rough Landing" you can feel from it.

Really feels like more into the classic hypnopics collective stuff, more story focused and with a female protagonist. After all the lifesims and fantasy powertrips, a welcome addition.

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
Endings work for Xtreme scenes which are rare and provide opportunity to do stuff you couldn't expect the character to handle and then move on with their life normally. Some scene with femdom mistress having feet licked leading to game over seems redundant. It could be a gameplay challenge failure state, but it needs actual puzzles and challenges instead of just dialogue choices.
I understand what you're saying, some of the bad ends will be more low key though, it is the nature of it. I actually want to put more non-sexual, comedic bad ends in as well. If you've ever played the Space Quest series, you'll know what I mean. Games with a ton of bad endings are fun for me, in multiple ways and have been since even the old Goosebumps CYOA books. I'll take into consideration what you said though and try to expand upon some, but they're a core part of the game.

It's an interesting start, I really like the concept of Alice though her pranks all being straight is irritating; I like my female protagonists strictly lesbian. It's not entirely clear if she was lying when she said that she would always obey, since I don't believe Kayla actually tells her not to give her hallucinations of random dicks, and in her taking control ends she only took over when she was strictly asked to. What even is her motivation for pranking her like that? Just to humiliate her? IMO a good one would be that her programming has made her fall in love with Kayla and Kayla not being into her the same way (at least yet...) makes her a bit resentful. Either way what I'd like to see is Kayla telling her to 'stop doing that, I'm into girls', and making more use of her; she's a superintelligent AI, surely there's a middle ground between letting her take over Kayla's entire life and ignoring her completely. She would be a perfect guide character to tell the player what to do.
Also the teacher and the will tamer collar was really hot, it's a shame that she couldn't enslave the teacher permanently and take her with her.
Great post, that is a good point, the pranks have been straight and this wasn't intentional, I'll keep this in mind. I want to keep the character's sexuality ambiguous, I fought with this a lot and at what point had a variable to establish your preference, but I went against it because I began operating on the idea that in 300 years, sexuality will have changed a lot and people will be more open. However, I have tried to make it so you can make your character whatever you wish to be, so I'll never force the player into a consensual sexual situation. So to a certain degree, ALICE is just fucking with you as she might know you're into chicks or whatever, again I tried to keep it ambiguous. ALICE doesn't have much control over Kayla yet, but we saw in one of the endings what she hopes to achieve. You'll have several opportunities to get rid of her throughout the game.

The teacher will re-appear down the line, depending on what you did to her before escaping.

Good game Looking forward to seeing more
Thank you very much for the comment :)

can you add male and futa protagonist
but it look good and whiting the text or add a setting so you can pick different color for text
There are plans for sections that involve transformation, including futa and male, but they won't be a key part of the game and jus part of one scenario. There are also plans where you control secondary protagonists. But there will be only main protagonist.

Interesting setting, feels ripe for some management\strategy elements. CYOA works too though.
Thank you very much. There will be some light management/strategy elements later in the game.

I like the ALICE manipulating part
but the full control by ALICE is not what I expected
looking forward for more mind control/corruption contents
Thank you very much. ALICE's end goal is fully controlling you and doing what she did.

Ma dude, if you keep this up at a nice rate, i'ma pledge soon as I get pay off my work tools in a month or so.
Kind and useful comments/feedback are good enough :)

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah, the Expanse and Babylon references are blatant, but really dig the subtle hits of "Rough Landing" you can feel from it.

Really feels like more into the classic hypnopics collective stuff, more story focused and with a female protagonist. After all the lifesims and fantasy powertrips, a welcome addition.
Expanse will be more blatant as it goes along to be honest, it is the primary inspiration of the story - but there will be other stuff in it. This game is standing on the shoulders of TOTDC, RL and LD. And that is exactly what I'm going for, so it is good to hear. Thank you!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Great post, that is a good point, the pranks have been straight and this wasn't intentional, I'll keep this in mind. I want to keep the character's sexuality ambiguous, I fought with this a lot and at what point had a variable to establish your preference, but I went against it because I began operating on the idea that in 300 years, sexuality will have changed a lot and people will be more open. However, I have tried to make it so you can make your character whatever you wish to be, so I'll never force the player into a consensual sexual situation. So to a certain degree, ALICE is just fucking with you as she might know you're into chicks or whatever, again I tried to keep it ambiguous. ALICE doesn't have much control over Kayla yet, but we saw in one of the endings what she hopes to achieve. You'll have several opportunities to get rid of her throughout the game.
I think that sounds kind of ridiculous, people may not care about other people's preferences any more, but that doesn't stop people having preferences. I think it would be a good idea to choose whether she's into guys, girls, or both as part of character creation, character ambiguity can be useful sometimes, but too much of it makes a character boring and IMO it would be a good way to define her character a bit while also serving as a content selection option. For example her seducing Rambo for extra money her thoughts would play out differently if she is into girls or if she's not and is just doing it for the money. She wouldn't be thinking something like 'X is hot' if she shouldn't be into them.
Regarding Alice, I don't want to get rid of her, if I didn't want her we could have deleted her at the beginning. I'd like to see more of her, just to establish who's in charge. We saw what happens if Kayla gives her carte blanche over her whole life, but that is very extreme. Can she use her in more limited ways, with Kayla still being the prime mover and Alice in an advisory role? An example; when Kayla is running from the guards and has to choose between doors she only has a few seconds to decide, but as fast as Alice thinks she can see and analyse everything to tell her which is the right one. You ever watch ? This is one of my favourite episodes because it gives us a glimpse inside the helmet of one of the AI assisted supersoldiers and what it is the AI actually do for them in combat. So far Alice has pretty much only been a nuisance, but if they learn to work together they could be unstoppable. And if she is trying to trick Kayla, getting her to trust her would be the first thing she should do.

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
I think that sounds kind of ridiculous, people may not care about other people's preferences any more, but that doesn't stop people having preferences. I think it would be a good idea to choose whether she's into guys, girls, or both as part of character creation, character ambiguity can be useful sometimes, but too much of it makes a character boring and IMO it would be a good way to define her character a bit while also serving as a content selection option. For example her seducing Rambo for extra money her thoughts would play out differently if she is into girls or if she's not and is just doing it for the money. She wouldn't be thinking something like 'X is hot' if she shouldn't be into them.
Regarding Alice, I don't want to get rid of her, if I didn't want her we could have deleted her at the beginning. I'd like to see more of her, just to establish who's in charge. We saw what happens if Kayla gives her carte blanche over her whole life, but that is very extreme. Can she use her in more limited ways, with Kayla still being the prime mover and Alice in an advisory role? An example; when Kayla is running from the guards and has to choose between doors she only has a few seconds to decide, but as fast as Alice thinks she can see and analyse everything to tell her which is the right one. You ever watch ? This is one of my favourite episodes because it gives us a glimpse inside the helmet of one of the AI assisted supersoldiers and what it is the AI actually do for them in combat. So far Alice has pretty much only been a nuisance, but if they learn to work together they could be unstoppable. And if she is trying to trick Kayla, getting her to trust her would be the first thing she should do.
Like I said, I struggled with it and had the option at first, but I found it needlessly complicated matters, as she is a different person with different experiences depending on the choices. Without question, she is openly bisexual in the diplomatic path because she will use her body. The other two paths, I'm giving you the choice. But then I introduce a sexuality variable where she is only doing it because she has to? Then the writing becomes boring and samey, as well as doubling or trebling the work load on some already difficult to write scenes in the future. I'd have to write the same paragraphs about how she hates taking dick or eating a pussy but is doing it any way - which is something I'll already likely write several times on the diplomatic path. I agree, people will still have preferences which is why I've kept it the way it is, I'm giving the player the choice of who they want to sleep with. You can go entirely lesbian if you wish, or straight, or play it clean the whole way - there will be romance options, both male and female.

You'll see more of and learn more of ALICE as the game goes on. To be honest, she was meant to be more of an easter egg for a single chapter, but she has worked out really well and is fun to write. I simply didn't want to blow my load on what can happen with her straight away. There will definitely be moments you can give control to her to solve a problem you can't yourself, but it'll only be fleeting. If you hold onto your mind for the whole game with her bothering you, then the plan is for it to come to a head in one of the final chapters, which will end her story in one of three ways. The thing is, plans change. I experimented with stuff in the prologue that was more of a test for future stuff, so I can't promise these things, but these types of things are certainly on the agenda, ALICE is sentient, she develops as well and is essentially a kid trapped in a body at the moment. It'll make more sense after/during Chapter 2, but I don't want to spoil too much.

Fursissypiggy

Nov 6, 2019
Is the game supposed to ''end'' on the chapter 1 image/screen. I don't see any options to move on after i get to the station....

I'm already addicted... must have more :D

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
Is the game supposed to ''end'' on the chapter 1 image/screen. I don't see any options to move on after i get to the station....

I'm already addicted... must have more :D
Hey, that is the end of the current content. I have attached walkthroughs with a vague outline so you can experience all the content available as well. I am very happy to hear you liked it! I made my first Patreon post public (I'll continue to post general stuff here, don't feel the need to donate, nothing will be exclusive to Patreon) about what is planned for the next chapter. Here is a sneak peak. :)

I plan for content drops to be full chapters, with additions to the older chapters, so replaying the game for every little update doesn't become a chore.

Reactions: khorrl

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Like I said, I struggled with it and had the option at first, but I found it needlessly complicated matters, as she is a different person with different experiences depending on the choices. Without question, she is openly bisexual in the diplomatic path because she will use her body. The other two paths, I'm giving you the choice. But then I introduce a sexuality variable where she is only doing it because she has to? Then the writing becomes boring and samey, as well as doubling or trebling the work load on some already difficult to write scenes in the future. I'd have to write the same paragraphs about how she hates taking dick or eating a pussy but is doing it any way - which is something I'll already likely write several times on the diplomatic path. I agree, people will still have preferences which is why I've kept it the way it is, I'm giving the player the choice of who they want to sleep with. You can go entirely lesbian if you wish, or straight, or play it clean the whole way - there will be romance options, both male and female.
I have a hard time seeing that as the same thing though. If male and female options are portrayed as both being appealing to her, then is she really straight or lesbian? Isn't that effectively just making her bi? If she's gay or straight, when a situation comes up that doesn't match her preferences shouldn't she say so?
You'll see more of and learn more of ALICE as the game goes on. To be honest, she was meant to be more of an easter egg for a single chapter, but she has worked out really well and is fun to write. I simply didn't want to blow my load on what can happen with her straight away. There will definitely be moments you can give control to her to solve a problem you can't yourself, but it'll only be fleeting. If you hold onto your mind for the whole game with her bothering you, then the plan is for it to come to a head in one of the final chapters, which will end her story in one of three ways. The thing is, plans change. I experimented with stuff in the prologue that was more of a test for future stuff, so I can't promise these things, but these types of things are certainly on the agenda, ALICE is sentient, she develops as well and is essentially a kid trapped in a body at the moment. It'll make more sense after/during Chapter 2, but I don't want to spoil too much.
Oh I wouldn't expect them to work together that well straight away or anything, just saying that's an example of how a human and an AI can work together that is pretty cool as a possible end state for their relationship. From what we saw so far they have a long way to go before they trust each other that much; if Alice had told her which door to go through in the scene I used as an example, I'd half expect Kayla to stop and start arguing with her, which wouldn't end well for either of them.
One thing I'm interested in seeing that would happen sooner rather than later is what happens when her day ends, will Alice be appearing in her dreams; I'd think that having someone else in your head could well do something like that.

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
Sooo....there's currently nothing to be downloaded on the OP?
No idea what happened, but it looks like someone edited it and ended up messing up the links, so everything went into the changelog file. I've restored it. I think they attempted to clean it up a little bit, so I've done it for them now, I'm gonna keep changelogs more for the public stuff rather than post the internal one that I use myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: tjn67

After Colony

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2021
I have a hard time seeing that as the same thing though. If male and female options are portrayed as both being appealing to her, then is she really straight or lesbian? Isn't that effectively just making her bi? If she's gay or straight, when a situation comes up that doesn't match her preferences shouldn't she say so?
I'm trying to keep it as ambiguous as possible, as I want the sexuality of the character to be player choice, you can go the whole game without touching a dick - possibly even without even having sex - even in the diplomacy path, where she sees her body as a weapon. I'll keep it more in mind for the future to keep it ambiguous. She is still pretty young and still trying to figure things out, now some people on the internet are controlling her choices.
Though honestly, it really is partly to do with the amount of work it'd introduce. It is all well and good having a variable to establish her sexuality, adding in a line about how you'd like to suck that dude's dick or eat that pussy, that would be no problem. But then we get onto the other under the hood stuff - karma, mental state that are going to be fully implemented soon. The karma system, for example, can lead to her saying "Fuck it, I'll stop at nothing" and become a more dominant, strong and evil personality, which will lead to a few Kayla as the domme scenarios in the future. But she doesn't like chicks, so now I have to write a ton of different variations to possible sex scenes.

Basically I took the design decision to not cut off content based on arbitrary stats or numbers. The decisions and choices will be text based, rather than having to go to the gym 14 times to get your strength stat up so you can access the next area. Now, some people like that, but some don't. My philsophy with it is - play how you want to play, like how your MS Shepherd or DA character can be gay or straight. I did fight with this, but that's my idea behind it, plus the fact it'd add an ungodly amount of work for a single person - I'll be honest, Chapter 1 is a bit of a mess behind the scenes, I was still getting use to TWINE and it isn't as consistent as I like, despite working, so doing that again would be a pain.
Oh I wouldn't expect them to work together that well straight away or anything, just saying that's an example of how a human and an AI can work together that is pretty cool as a possible end state for their relationship. From what we saw so far they have a long way to go before they trust each other that much; if Alice had told her which door to go through in the scene I used as an example, I'd half expect Kayla to stop and start arguing with her, which wouldn't end well for either of them.
One thing I'm interested in seeing that would happen sooner rather than later is what happens when her day ends, will Alice be appearing in her dreams; I'd think that having someone else in your head could well do something like that.
It'll make sense in the end, but I don't want to spoil as things can change as I go along. Chapter 2 is going to have the opportunity to get rest and sleep, so something will be implemented when it comes to a dream here. Chapter 3 is the most ambitious, so I don't want to overpromise and plans can change. If I can do justice to Chapter 3, then the rest of the game will be easy to design and code.

Dazzle01

Jan 23, 2018
Though honestly, it really is partly to do with the amount of work it'd introduce. It is all well and good having a variable to establish her sexuality, adding in a line about how you'd like to suck that dude's dick or eat that pussy, that would be no problem. But then we get onto the other under the hood stuff - karma, mental state that are going to be fully implemented soon. The karma system, for example, can lead to her saying "Fuck it, I'll stop at nothing" and become a more dominant, strong and evil personality, which will lead to a few Kayla as the domme scenarios in the future. But she doesn't like chicks, so now I have to write a ton of different variations to possible sex scenes.
I actually ran into the same problem in an unreleased game I was making and took a page from Alexis Kennedy about not needing to do a lot of callback to "player preferences and customization" in general, just enough to show you care.

So I started adding hidden variables in certain choices to keep track of some generic preferences, and after a "trigger point" added a small peppering of lines here and there to reference them, including gender preference. I saw it implemented much better in Disco Elysium with the copotypes, where there isn't actually a lot of content around them, but people notice when there is.

So, completely with you on keeping it as vague as possible to make writing and branching easier, and agree explicit gender-preference scoring is pretty iffy especially since the player knows what they want, but it's not that hard to give some mild references and it can have a lot of impact on players, even if it's just leaning the bisexuality slightly on one direction or another with a few well placed conditional paragraphs. Still, completely right in wanting to avoid going far down that path, content is hard and there is no reason to repeat yourself if you don't have to.

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes