RPGM None After School Mix Fighters-Men VS Women Fighting Battle- [RJ325396] [Kamikura Style Association]

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
No problem, I hold this game close to my heart really, it's one of my favorite by far! So I thought why not translate it cause even I get annoyed by the shitty MTL (but I honestly believe MTLs are gonna get much better in a year or so with AIs etc)
I am in the same boat as you. I Femdom boxing and RPG Maker games are my favorites which game me high hopes for this gem. I really want to play it but I want to experience it in it's full well-translated glory rather than having to break the immersion to treat it like a homework project.

Reactions: CNR25

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
I am in the same boat as you. I Femdom boxing and RPG Maker games are my favorites which game me high hopes for this gem. I really want to play it but I want to experience it in it's full well-translated glory rather than having to break the immersion to treat it like a homework project.
We're working jivid06 on the translation, don't expect it this month tho as the game is massive in dialogue!
And I'm making a femdom rpgmaker game like this one on my side, not saying much about it yet but it's very similar to ASMF :p

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
1696734236289.png
Behold, the Sahuagin. No easy translation. In fact, no translation at all. That's literally what it's called. It's a fish human, except not a mermaid.

Reactions: Vile_lurker02

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
View attachment 2988833
Behold, the Sahuagin. No easy translation. In fact, no translation at all. That's literally what it's called. It's a fish human, except not a mermaid.
I mostly know those from the D&D Monster Manual. It's typically represented like orcs, but underwater. They are probably derived from more interesting folk tales, but I haven't heard any.

You can tell it isn't a Japanese word because it's written with katakana.

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
man, wouldn't it suck if you tried to open your game, and it wouldn't play because it couldn't find a specific file that you have no idea where it is or isn't? wouldn't that suck? man, imagine.
1696742544495.png

kayest

Jan 17, 2021
man, wouldn't it suck if you tried to open your game, and it wouldn't play because it couldn't find a specific file that you have no idea where it is or isn't? wouldn't that suck? man, imagine.
View attachment 2988962
from what i can see in that picture it looks like you unzip the game in non- japanese format because of the text files having broken names when they should look like 製品版Readme and 旧Ver修正履歴 so i have to guess the BGM also have broken names
and that why it cant find them, that what i guess happened

Reactions: ccccccccccc

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
from what i can see in that picture it looks like you unzip the game in non- japanese format because of the text files having broken names when they should look like 製品版Readme and 旧Ver修正履歴 so i have to guess the BGM also have broken names
and that why it cant find them, that what i guess happened
gosh I really hope that's not the case because that'd mean it's possible it'll happen in other games I download too and I don't know how I'd fix that

Jhony Miro

May 24, 2018
gosh I really hope that's not the case because that'd mean it's possible it'll happen in other games I download too and I don't know how I'd fix that
ye, it's a pain for some games where authors would use jap names for custom asset files. Learned that the hard way

kayest

Jan 17, 2021
if you still have the rar files just open winrar rather then right clicking the rar and extracting, so double click it to open winrar then go the encode area in options or ctrl+e and pick japanese then extract that make the names in japanese if they like those text files from your pic, eng names will stay the same

ccccccccccc

Nov 21, 2018
You switch to Japanese locale before extracting. If you extract and find gibberish file names, then you undelete the rar/zip and re-extract.

You can change the system locale by going to region -> administrative -> change system locale.

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
1696814831730.png
This one was hard to translate because chatgpt talks about doing a kick on the surface of the water, but google images shows people doing the kick on solid ground. This is what the move looks like.

Vile_lurker02

Jun 16, 2018
View attachment 2991186
any idea what "step technique" is referring to?
It's referring to the "Venus Step" move that some enemies and bosses have that makes them faster and gain access to moves. It is probably a play on the term "Flash Step" which is a term for when a character moves very fast, almost appearing to teleport. "Venus" in this case is used to put a feminine spin on the term.

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
It's referring to the "Venus Step" move that some enemies and bosses have that makes them faster and gain access to moves. It is probably a play on the term "Flash Step" which is a term for when a character moves very fast, almost appearing to teleport. "Venus" in this case is used to put a feminine spin on the term.
Nono! It's not venus step, we already translated Venus Step and it's just in Katakana, 1696862859672.png
I think it's basically the same as venus step but worded differently, Jivid just translated it as Footwork

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
deciding between translating the Judo/Aikido moves as "the girl uses [move]", or describing what actually happens in the move so the player can visualize what's happening.

Vile_lurker02

Jun 16, 2018
deciding between translating the Judo/Aikido moves as "the girl uses [move]", or describing what actually happens in the move so the player can visualize what's happening.
The former is more RPG-esque (and researchable on the players part) while the latter might get a bit grating and awkward upon repeated uses of any given move.

Reactions: ccccccccccc