RPGM None After School Mix Fighters-Men VS Women Fighting Battle- [RJ325396] [Kamikura Style Association]

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
We're facing a little problem, the UI of the game seems hard to translate, we tried editing the System file but it remains untranslated when we go in game
1696889138863.png 1696889170971.png
If anyone got any idea how to fix this, and just so you know, changing the system file does work because that's where the Yen unit is and we could translate it and make it work in game
1696889298308.png 1696889334778.png

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
do to character limits, I have to make certain stylistic choices to shorten the descriptions. for example, I all caps to emphasize when something is very.

eg.
big damage = big damage
BIG damage = massive damage

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
Are you going to release the other parts of the translation piece-meal like this or will there be a larger zip after everything is done?
I'll probably try to upload one large zip if we manage to finish translating the whole game, though who knows how many years that'll take. If we do get there, it'll also depend on if translator++ can export the whole thing without crashing.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
We're facing a little problem, the UI of the game seems hard to translate, we tried editing the System file but it remains untranslated when we go in game
View attachment 2993677 View attachment 2993681
If anyone got any idea how to fix this, and just so you know, changing the system file does work because that's where the Yen unit is and we could translate it and make it work in game
View attachment 2993718 View attachment 2993724
Most of the UI stuff is in the JavaScript files. I had issues with that where it would cause a crash whenever a status effect expired if I even touched those files. Another translator was able to translate those without issue, so it's likely related to the version of Translator++ I was using.

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I'll probably try to upload one large zip if we manage to finish translating the whole game, though who knows how many years that'll take. If we do get there, it'll also depend on if translator++ can export the whole thing without crashing.
It cannot. I always had to export this game in 3 chunks. Nothing prevents you from packaging them all together afterward though.

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
Jivid is pessimistic lol, we'll send a big file with the game translated ofc, I believe we'll finish all the side stuff like items etc in a day or two, enemies will take a long time (the encyclopedia).
Then the big stuff is common-events, that'll take a long time, and after that is every single map of the game (~250) which are either very short or maybe nothing in it, or the outside of the school map which has a LOT of dialogue and take a bit longer.
We can't say how long the game will take to be translated but at the end of the month or so we'll probably drop a big zip file with everything we translated so far

Last edited:

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
It cannot. I always had to export this game in 3 chunks. Nothing prevents you from packaging them all together afterward though.
It can tho, I did export my own MTL of the game once, but it's whatever if we have a problem we'll just chop in few parts, that's not a problem

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
Most of the UI stuff is in the JavaScript files. I had issues with that where it would cause a crash whenever a status effect expired if I even touched those files. Another translator was able to translate those without issue, so it's likely related to the version of Translator++ I was using.
You have a link or the name of the translator that could change the UI? And the issue is, there's no Javascript file in the game, it's all encrypted so I needed to decrypt the game which gives only rvdata2 files and all of the UI is in the system.rvdata2 but any changes doesnt matter they just keep the japanese version

Last edited:

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
can someone type out a comprehensive list of every stat and what they do?
so far I'm aware of attack, defense, offensive technique, defensive technique, stamina, arousal, willpower and pride

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
You have a link or the name of the translator that could change the UI? And the issue is, there's no Javascript file in the game, it's all encrypted so I needed to decrypt the game which gives only rvdata2 files and all of the UI is in the system.rvdata2 but any changes doesnt matter they just keep the japanese version
The Javascript is all packed in Scripts.rvdata2. Translator++ should unpack it into a couple hundred objects in the Scripts folder.
The UI translation is this thread somewhere after I originally posted my 1.35 MTL patch.

jivid06

Aug 2, 2022
can someone explain what Mental Strength is? I need to know what it does, in case it's actually referring to a stat we've already translated.
1696981020594.png
1696981067757.png 1696981080291.png

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
The Javascript is all packed in Scripts.rvdata2. Translator++ should unpack it into a couple hundred objects in the Scripts folder.
The UI translation is this thread somewhere after I originally posted my 1.35 MTL patch.
I think I found the MTL patch you posted on the thread but, I'm searching in the Data folder and there's no Script file 1696991200691.png
And you left a translation.tpp file but I have no idea how to open a tpp file nor from which software it comes from since translator++ gives .trans files :(
EDIT: NEVERMIND I FOUND IT FROM SOMEONE IN THE THREAD I AM HAPPY NOW I CAN DIE IN PEACE

The Silver Bard

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2017
I think I found the MTL patch you posted on the thread but, I'm searching in the Data folder and there's no Script file View attachment 2996475
And you left a translation.tpp file but I have no idea how to open a tpp file nor from which software it comes from since translator++ gives .trans files :(
EDIT: NEVERMIND I FOUND IT FROM SOMEONE IN THE THREAD I AM HAPPY NOW I CAN DIE IN PEACE
I didn't include the Script file, because every time I exported it, it would cause a crash. Even if I didn't translate anything.

You can import the .tpp file into translator++. This allows you to transfer translations between computers, since a .trans file can only be used on the computer where it was created.

Jhony Miro

May 24, 2018
If you play any japanese games, I recommend just leaving your system locale on Japanese. I've literally never run into a western game where that caused a problem, and it means my Japanese games all just work.
Used to be an issue for me, but nowadays Locale emulator + switching default encoding in winRAR work just fine, without introducing any other issues like Jap locale did for me (don't quite remember the extent of it, but at least a few apps defaulted to jp and it was annoying)

kayest

Jan 17, 2021
ya on my old pc i had it on jap locale so i could play jap games then when a new windows update showed up it was all in japanese, and on this pc i use an locale emulator and extract the games with encoding from winrar i can keep my pc in english newer games dont really need an emulator to run.

Rophyr

Jun 22, 2018
If you guys wonder how the translation is going :

DONE :
-Actors
-Skills
-Items
-Armors
-Classes
-Vocab
-System (UI, main menu)

Half Done :
- Enemies
- CommonEvent (more like 1/4 it's massive)

We still haven't started the maps (the stuff outside battle and defeat scene dialogue) but we'll do that after CommonEvent and it should be faster even tho it's as massive or even bigger than CommonEvent but there's no NSFW so it's faster to translate.
Keep believing guys o7

(and if someone wanna help we will be very happy to include you in the project)

Last edited: