4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

MaxSDVXXXL

Mar 31, 2022
Makes me so sad that games have come to this place.

Newest tech implemented, at any cost.
Users get blocky and blurry graphics and transitions, shimmerings textures, lighting that plain doesn't work in any realistic manner, ever.
I guess this tech can take nice screenshots, but that's all. Since it runs at bloody 1 fps if u try to make it look good in the slightest.

Games from 10 years ago looked and ran better compared to most of these modern DLSS/FSR must-have titles.
It's like most games are just tech-demos really. Like they were never meant to be played.

If u can't do 4K/60FPS or 1440p/144FPS, without everything being a blurry blocky shimmering mess with non-sensical shadows and reflections, it's not a game, it's a game engine project for testing out stuff.

I'm not blaming the dev here, it is after all labeled a tech demo, and there is no actual game here unless u count the character creator. And i am curious where this is going. I just fear it's gonna be another Sillicon Lust.
I guess your ceiling is those games of the age you said - 10 years ago, like VaM and Honey Select, which you call masterpieces and super realistic, but I call it the last century, because I see in them polygonal mesh and textures with the usual art graphics.
In this game I see bright, beautiful and juicy stunning 3D world without a single visible polygon and seam with very seductive girls, where everything is licked by effects and new technologies increasing performance with minimal loss of quality. And even on my low-performance GTX 1650 I can see such beautiful modern graphics on high settings in 1080p at 55 FPS. I say bravo to the developers for giving such a game, such an experience, absolutely for free.

I am not defending the developers, I have my dissatisfactions with many projects on this and other sites, but I write about my feelings about the quality of visuals and performance - modern games with new technologies are amazing!

SlobberGoat

Jun 9, 2020
There already is a DX11 version.

Just need to add command line parameter.

Ie game.exe -dx11

This is what the game looks like after that.

View attachment 2884911
This is not true for v2.1

If you run...

> AfterpartyGame -dx11

You will see this error dialog:

1693229941962.png

And then this one:

1693229979481.png

Anyway, I just tried 2.1 and get a black screen with a nice piano tune playing. Looking at the process in task manager shows me that the process is 'not responding'.

Details:
Windows 10 Build 18363
Intel i7-7700
64GB RAM
Geforce 3060 RTX 12GB @ 2560x1440

• Angry
Reactions: Iam8Bit

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
This is not true for v2.1

If you run...

> AfterpartyGame -dx11

You will see this error dialog:

View attachment 2885171

And then this one:

View attachment 2885173

Anyway, I just tried 2.1 and get a black screen with a nice piano tune playing. Looking at the process in task manager shows me that the process is 'not responding'.

Details:
Windows 10 Build 18363
Intel i7-7700
64GB RAM
Geforce 3060 RTX 12GB @ 2560x1440
Just to clarify, the black screen occurs when running the game normally or when trying to run in Dx11? In any case given your specs you should be able to run the game normally just fine, Dx11 is not supported so I can't offer help with anything pertaining to that.

If the black screen happens when running it normally, install the prerequisites included in the game folder, then open GeForce experience and ensure your drivers are up to date

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Is it just the tech on show. or is there content/scenes in there too, looks great nonetheless.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
That's hilarious, how on Earth did you get the player that large? :LOL:

Bed bug is fixed (along with many other problems). Will put out a hotfix tonight. Name not displaying in dialogue fixed as well. Here's the Trello board of bugs I'm squashing

I could somehow keep putting the slider up and up and up, and she just kept growing. Wasn't sure why but it made me laugh when she could barely fit through a door frame. It took me about 5 minutes to actually get out of the staircase and I eventually just restarted the playthrough lol.

Also - while I remember, during night time - gradually the performance begins to take a huge hit, I'm guessing it's something to do with the lighting as it instantly vanishes and goes back up to 100fps or so when the sun comes up. It's like, night time lag. I don't know.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
There is a rather controversial point here - who slows down the evolution of graphics more, dev's who do not want to optimize or users who want to play new games on mammoth shit.

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
There is a rather controversial point here - who slows down the evolution of graphics more, dev's who do not want to optimize or users who want to play new games on mammoth shit.
The players who want an Unreal Engine 5 game to run on a fucking toaster. That's who.

The worst part is, I've noticed is - I spent the best part of my younger years on then ultra-old-ass tech, and as I got older I promised myself one day, I'm going to spend an insane, over-the-top amount of money buying that dream rig I wanted 20 years ago. And when I finally did it, whenever I'd mention my specs - people would shit on me for it lmao.

So no, I'm going to enjoy those ultra graphics, because I've worked hard to NOT play something that resembles the early Wolfenstein days. Of course, as I'd previously played a lot on older systems, often times underpowered, I learned a good bit of tweaking here and there too. And, as such - I'll always do my best to offer my assistance.

But when I read through some of the comments here - people bitching about the developer choosing to use the newest Unreal Engine is just absurd. What do they expect them to do? Just cut the project and go to UE 4.2 or something? I mean, either go and buy an upgrade or two so you can enjoy games without wondering how much FPS you get by tweaking "X" or just accept that it's going to run like ass, and that's the decision they've chosen.

zxal22

Aug 10, 2021
For me error directx 12 is not supported on your system but my system its supported
How to fix? Im create shortcut use write -dx11 and not working

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
It sounds like you are demanding higher graphical fidelity while simultaneously criticizing usage of new graphical features, which doesn't make sense to me. You say new tech is bad but also the game doesn't look good. I'm curious what your PC specs are that your frames would be so low but you're also wanting to run the game in 4K at 60fps? My frame target is 60fps on 1080p (During the character creator and level gameplay- cinematic target is 30fps), which I'm able to achieve just fine on my nearly 5 year old card. If your frames are that awful you can disable Lumen in the graphics settings.
Oh i'm not demanding higher graphics. I'm just fine with how high-end games looked 10 years ago.
Now it's just super high graphics, RTX, Lumen and all kinds of bells and whistles to make the game extra. But then, because hardware hasn't caught up to this tech. We slap 60% resolution scale, DLSS/FSR, Dynamic resolution, TXAA on it. And voila, you have a game that looks way worse than 10 year old games.

I'd like to illustrate, with regular user examples from the game Home Together, very similar to this but much better optimized.
Look at the users graphics for almost all of these screenshots of their characters.

It's like all that fancy tech serves no purpose, because to run it you need hardware that doesn't exist. Instead you get graphics that honestly could be outdone by 20 year old games.

-

I need 117 fps at 3440x1440 at all times, on a 3080 and mid-high hardware. Which i usually get with some tweaking from every game but the bad console ports, that balances visual fidelity with performance, and i know how. But there's a limit to how bad you'll want things to look.

If you disable Lumen GI in this game, the entire game becomes bland and awful. It's only made with Lumen GI in mind, dunno why you are even able to disable it. But that's kinda my point, it's a crutch.

Dunno when we went from wanting a high enough fps if u have the hardware, to just "30 fps is fine with the best hardware money can buy, but it's still blocky, blurry, grimy, shimmery".

-

Anyhow, i know for some reason unknown to me, the ability to play a game that doesn't look like shit at a fps that's scaled to the hardware you have, is unpoular.

Reactions: Dingickso

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Oh i'm not demanding higher graphics. I'm just fine with how high-end games looked 10 years ago.
Now it's just super high graphics, RTX, Lumen and all kinds of bells and whistles to make the game extra. But then, because hardware hasn't caught up to this tech. We slap 60% resolution scale, DLSS/FSR, Dynamic resolution, TXAA on it. And voila, you have a game that looks way worse than 10 year old games.

I'd like to illustrate, with regular user examples from the game Home Together, very similar to this but much better optimized.
Look at the users graphics for almost all of these screenshots of their characters.

It's like all that fancy tech serves no purpose, because to run it you need hardware that doesn't exist. Instead you get graphics that honestly could be outdone by 20 year old games.

-

I need 117 fps at 3440x1440 at all times, on a 3080 and mid-high hardware. Which i usually get with some tweaking from every game but the bad console ports, that balances visual fidelity with performance, and i know how. But there's a limit to how bad you'll want things to look.

If you disable Lumen GI in this game, the entire game becomes bland and awful. It's only made with Lumen GI in mind, dunno why you are even able to disable it. But that's kinda my point, it's a crutch.

Dunno when we went from wanting a high enough fps if u have the hardware, to just "30 fps is fine with the best hardware money can buy, but it's still blocky, blurry, grimy, shimmery".

-

Anyhow, i know for some reason unknown to me, the ability to play a game that doesn't look like shit at a fps that's scaled to the hardware you have, is unpoular.
I agree with a lot of what you say here. Worth pointing out though Home Together is created by a team with many experienced devs with existing games under their belt who have been making adult games for a long time. I would imagine they have people delegated for handling lighting. From a solo dev perspective, it's much faster for me to get the lighting results I need with Lumen and then do everything else that needs to be done, vs spending potentially hours tweaking light intensity, color, exposure, optimizing lightmap resolution etc for a good result. I am very open to the idea though of using baked lighting and cutting features like Lumen and supporting Dx11, but this is something that would take time to get right and I'm focused on other features atm. Maybe when the game leaves "Tech demo" status I can revisit that idea.

Also, Lumen is getting better with every UE version. I've already cut virtual shadow maps from the game (which is intended to be used with Nanite) because it gave worse performance for minimal quality.

One major performance hog currently is the groom hairs, which seem to be getting a nice in 5.3, which is coming out soon. Suffice to say you can expect performance improvements to be an ongoing thing.

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes