4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

Flugelbozz

Nov 12, 2018
One major performance hog currently is the groom hairs, which seem to be getting a nice in 5.3, which is coming out soon. Suffice to say you can expect performance improvements to be an ongoing thing.
I lose 5-10fps based on hair length, I hope the new update let's me pick other hairstyles

DisturbedMan

Feb 5, 2018
I agree with a lot of what you say here. Worth pointing out though Home Together is created by a team with many experienced devs with existing games under their belt who have been making adult games for a long time. I would imagine they have people delegated for handling lighting. From a solo dev perspective, it's much faster for me to get the lighting results I need with Lumen and then do everything else that needs to be done, vs spending potentially hours tweaking light intensity, color, exposure, optimizing lightmap resolution etc for a good result. I am very open to the idea though of using baked lighting and cutting features like Lumen and supporting Dx11, but this is something that would take time to get right and I'm focused on other features atm. Maybe when the game leaves "Tech demo" status I can revisit that idea.

Also, Lumen is getting better with every UE version. I've already cut virtual shadow maps from the game (which is intended to be used with Nanite) because it gave worse performance for minimal quality.

One major performance hog currently is the groom hairs, which seem to be getting a nice in 5.3, which is coming out soon. Suffice to say you can expect performance improvements to be an ongoing thing.
There is the option for Vulcan support. Also be careful with Lumen, Nanite and RTX Shadows. Those three don't mix well and will cause severe performance drops and artifacts (mainly thanks to RTX not working well with Nanite).

Groom hair is receiving an update in UE 5.3; I would wait till UE 5.5 to use it (knowing Epic, they will mess with it for a while).

Also, better start using World Partition and lower the res of some minor details (textures or meshes) to boost performance.

try and use this tool: along with the various viewport modes the engine has
Plus, use RenderDoc to see what is hogging the game.

Reactions: kekpuker

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
I agree with a lot of what you say here. Worth pointing out though Home Together is created by a team with many experienced devs with existing games under their belt who have been making adult games for a long time. I would imagine they have people delegated for handling lighting. From a solo dev perspective, it's much faster for me to get the lighting results I need with Lumen and then do everything else that needs to be done, vs spending potentially hours tweaking light intensity, color, exposure, optimizing lightmap resolution etc for a good result. I am very open to the idea though of using baked lighting and cutting features like Lumen and supporting Dx11, but this is something that would take time to get right and I'm focused on other features atm. Maybe when the game leaves "Tech demo" status I can revisit that idea.

Also, Lumen is getting better with every UE version. I've already cut virtual shadow maps from the game (which is intended to be used with Nanite) because it gave worse performance for minimal quality.

Wouldn't be fair to compare your work to that of a team. And it's not paywalled up the wazoo, so no ill to you or your game. It's a one man project you're sharing the development of, and we should take it for what it is.

I see the point about it being much easier to use these features as an AIO Plug n' Play solution. And the blame lies not with you, but the tech.
I also get why Unity is so popular, but that engine is so awful in so many ways, it's hard not to blame anyone for using it even though they didn't make it.

I personally don't think DX11 support should be considered. If you're running Win7 and using a graphics card that doesn't support DX12, you shouldn't be trying to run this type of game. Now Vulkan is another thing, but that's up to you.

Maybe you need some recommended settings, for optimal visuals. Like Lumen GI on. And maybe a recommended resolution scale.

Anywhom. My whole gripe i less about you, and more about the direction games are taking nowadays.
Most people argue Gameplay > Visuals, but to me it seems like devs are prioritising visuals and end-users end up with visuals way worse to run the game. And gameplay is just left out of the equation.

I do follow Lumen with great interest, seems like the game changer that RTX was marketed as. (RTX in no way warrents the fps loss).

I'll keep following your game mate.
The animations and interactivity will ultimately decide it for me.

PS.
Why do the shadow/lighting rendering distance work so oddly in the house?

SlobberGoat

Jun 9, 2020
Just to clarify, the black screen occurs when running the game normally or when trying to run in Dx11? In any case given your specs you should be able to run the game normally just fine, Dx11 is not supported so I can't offer help with anything pertaining to that.

If the black screen happens when running it normally, install the prerequisites included in the game folder, then open GeForce experience and ensure your drivers are up to date
Black screen + piano riff is running the default game exe with no args.
Nvidia driver is 536.99

Coomer341

Apr 20, 2020
I'm aware of that slider, but it is still too strong even when lowered to the lowest setting. It's like paper flapping about when she does the tiniest movement. I'm confident if I sprint when it's on maximum, she's going to knock herself out.

I mean, I never said that she is. I said I'm guessing, and followed up with an "if so" statement. If she isn't supposed to be a stepmom, then the dialogue should really be changed to reflect that since she's very "mothering" to MC. Seems like it's following the standard trope that most 3D sexploration games are using these days, no?

Ah, well - it's no biggy. Still, could come in a future update I guess ;-)

- Found a game breaking bug - sleeping/napping in the bed at the other end of the house causes the camera to lock in a static position, the mouse cursor is then displayed - and, the character is unable to interact. No way to exit this bug other than closing the game with ALT + F4.

Found this to be rather funny

View attachment 2882959

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
PS.
Why do the shadow/lighting rendering distance work so oddly in the house?
Performance reasons. In the case of NPCs, I stop rendering them when they are a certain distance from the player. UE's built in frustum culling is supposed to handle this, but even for example when an NPC is in the kitchen and the player is in the bedroom several rooms away, doing a 'freezerendering' command reveals that the NPC is still fully rendered in the background even when it shouldn't be.

As for lights, it's the shadows. Enabling all lights at all times tanks the FPS. One solution would be to disable shadows on lights, but this decreases quality to a level that is too low in my opinion, but more importantly it allows light to leak through floors and walls which looks bad. So I opted to simply disable lights in rooms the player isn't near instead. Maybe I could do a solution in the future where shadows are disabled/enabled on demand instead, but this would probably still look a bit strange.

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
While messing with the facial expressions, I had it get stuck on one. Had to quit and start the character creation over. The demo is nice. Looking forward to a game that has this character creation, or I need to learn to code. And write.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
While messing with the facial expressions, I had it get stuck on one.
This was a bug in v2.1 and has already been fixed. If you look at the OP, the download links are now for version "2.1Hotfix" -- so I'll suggest you download the hotfix version, as there have been quite a few fixes.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

JazzyRey

Aug 18, 2018
Performance reasons. In the case of NPCs, I stop rendering them when they are a certain distance from the player. UE's built in frustum culling is supposed to handle this, but even for example when an NPC is in the kitchen and the player is in the bedroom several rooms away, doing a 'freezerendering' command reveals that the NPC is still fully rendered in the background even when it shouldn't be.

As for lights, it's the shadows. Enabling all lights at all times tanks the FPS. One solution would be to disable shadows on lights, but this decreases quality to a level that is too low in my opinion, but more importantly it allows light to leak through floors and walls which looks bad. So I opted to simply disable lights in rooms the player isn't near instead. Maybe I could do a solution in the future where shadows are disabled/enabled on demand instead, but this would probably still look a bit strange.
Right, i just mean it looks very dream sequence like. Or motion sensors detecting what room you're in.

I know trickery is used to save performance, and it's still better than everything 5 meters away being foggy. And at least it's a dynamic effect, not a sharp edge 10 meters away where shadows become high res.

I'm sure fiddling with it will present a solution you like. I was just wondering about it, never seen it done quite like that.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Afterparty-TINYMEATGAMES-2.1Hotfix (2.1f)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Hi-FiMan

Jun 10, 2019
This is not true for v2.1

If you run...

> AfterpartyGame -dx11

You will see this error dialog:

View attachment 2885171

And then this one:

View attachment 2885173

Anyway, I just tried 2.1 and get a black screen with a nice piano tune playing. Looking at the process in task manager shows me that the process is 'not responding'.

Details:
Windows 10 Build 18363
Intel i7-7700
64GB RAM
Geforce 3060 RTX 12GB @ 2560x1440
Your version of Windows 10 is too old. It most likely does not support the specific version of DirectX 12 the game is using.

Reactions: evaw

Hi-FiMan

Jun 10, 2019

Can you bake shadows in UE5 like previous versions? Seems like everyone and their mother wants to do dynamic lighting and shadows for everything even when it's not necessary; this destroys performance. Does the game have a time of day system? If not, bake the shadows. I'm aware it's not easy and takes lots of time on the backend but it helps a lot.

Lumen handles only the GI not shadowing right? Are you doing ray traced shadows at all here or no? Is this hardware accelerated lumen or software? Lastly, for the animations, are you using/going to be using motion capture?

leechurch

Oct 28, 2020
Oh i'm not demanding higher graphics. I'm just fine with how high-end games looked 10 years ago.
Now it's just super high graphics, RTX, Lumen and all kinds of bells and whistles to make the game extra. But then, because hardware hasn't caught up to this tech. We slap 60% resolution scale, DLSS/FSR, Dynamic resolution, TXAA on it. And voila, you have a game that looks way worse than 10 year old games.

I'd like to illustrate, with regular user examples from the game Home Together, very similar to this but much better optimized.
Look at the users graphics for almost all of these screenshots of their characters.

It's like all that fancy tech serves no purpose, because to run it you need hardware that doesn't exist. Instead you get graphics that honestly could be outdone by 20 year old games.

-

I need 117 fps at 3440x1440 at all times, on a 3080 and mid-high hardware. Which i usually get with some tweaking from every game but the bad console ports, that balances visual fidelity with performance, and i know how. But there's a limit to how bad you'll want things to look.

If you disable Lumen GI in this game, the entire game becomes bland and awful. It's only made with Lumen GI in mind, dunno why you are even able to disable it. But that's kinda my point, it's a crutch.

Dunno when we went from wanting a high enough fps if u have the hardware, to just "30 fps is fine with the best hardware money can buy, but it's still blocky, blurry, grimy, shimmery".

-

Anyhow, i know for some reason unknown to me, the ability to play a game that doesn't look like shit at a fps that's scaled to the hardware you have, is unpoular.
my issue with Home Together is there don't appear to be any futa options.

Reactions: malenlov1

Omniel

Jun 28, 2017
View attachment 2454089

Overview:
Afterparty is a real-time adult game created in Unreal Engine 5​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-28
Release Date: 2023-08-28
Developer: Afterparty -
Censored: No
Version: Tech Demo - 2.1 Hotfix
Language: English
Genre:

Planned genres:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win
: MEGA - GDRIVE - - -

View attachment 2454051 View attachment 2454025 View attachment 2454070 View attachment 2792495 View attachment 2454031 View attachment 2792489 View attachment 2792490 View attachment 2792491
1693329039996.png
giphy (1).gif

Waiting for this to get implemented...

Reactions: CeramicMan

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Can you bake shadows in UE5 like previous versions? Seems like everyone and their mother wants to do dynamic lighting and shadows for everything even when it's not necessary; this destroys performance. Does the game have a time of day system? If not, bake the shadows. I'm aware it's not easy and takes lots of time on the backend but it helps a lot.

Lumen handles only the GI not shadowing right? Are you doing ray traced shadows at all here or no? Is this hardware accelerated lumen or software? Lastly, for the animations, are you using/going to be using motion capture?
The game does have a time of day system, however I don't believe baked lighting precludes having a time of day system (with updating shadows and such) as dynamic lights are still possible with a baked light setup.

I'm using software ray tracing for Lumen, not hardware.

As I stated before I am open to the idea of lowering the requirements to use Dx11 and baked light instead, but it's not something I will be doing for a few updates at least, currently going full steam on male characters.

Motion capture is quite expensive, it means hiring a studio and paying them (usually) by the second for each animation and the rates aren't cheap. I'm not earning anywhere near enough from this project to do something like that, so for now I am using Daz animations as well as creating animations using sequencer, IK rigs and backwards solve.

BullDemon

Dec 10, 2018
same error, I download directx 12 and not working
people are developing games with exaggeratedly high graphics performance, I don't understand the need but they are doing it, I have a pc with a gtx1660 and an Ryzen 7 3700x 8 core processor and it crashes constantly, unfortunately we will have to wait about 10 years until everyone has a minimun enough to play games in unreal engine, in my case directx12 has been giving me problems in many games and my graphic card is not enough to play the vast majority of these games in UE5.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes