4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

aszuistvan

Oct 24, 2020
your r9 290 supports dx12, (ive tested this game on a r9 fury x and it works) so im thinking it has something to do with the version of your windows. So what's the version of windows you got.
I had a system update yesterday, so it has to be the newest version of Windows 10 Pro

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
I was thinking why people don't update their OS and then I remembered that updating Windows is like walking through a minefield. Best thing I did in my gamer life is to move to Linux 2 years ago.

Flugelbozz

Nov 12, 2018
I had a system update yesterday, so it has to be the newest version of Windows 10 Pro
Use win+pause key to go to system info (if you dont have pause key, use win+s, search for "About your PC")
scrnshot.png
The computer above tells me that I have all the latest updates but is still on 21H2, latest version is 22H2. Try confirming your windows version like so. If you on an older version than 22H2, use windows update assistant , and try updating it yourself.

If you on 22H2 and still fail to run this game, 2 options
1. upgrade hardware
2. switch to linux
3. (jank) use VKD3D-proton to translate dx12 => vulkan by replacing .dlls. (using vkd3d currently comes with a performance hit)

Last edited:
Reactions: aszuistvan

bla1337bla

May 25, 2017
I have quite a different problem on Win10 from ones listed above, I think: the game starts, runs smoothly in character edit, but when click on finish then just after entering the name of a character and clicking OK I get a "Fatal error!" without any further details. So, it doesn't seem to be problem with the graphics (as edit runs without issues), more like a problem with I/O when trying to save character or load the actual game. I tried running as administrator and it didn't help.

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020

UE 5.3 has some pretty good changes. Your thoughts?
The characters tools are something I'm looking forward to, it would be great to quickly edit clothing weight maps to correct clipping issues without opening Blender. The feature I'm looking forward to the most though is the continuous LOD streaming for Groom hairs, hopefully that will give a bit of a performance boost since I am using groom hairs. I don't expect it to be anything crazy though.

I can't upgrade to 5.3 just yet because several plugins I'm using are incompatible. I suspect that DLSS won't be updated for 5.3 until ray reconstruction is released, which is something I plan to support in this game btw

ProofYourExistance

Nov 3, 2019
Dilly_
I think this project has great potential if it would go the sandbox route. Currently the most popular Adult Sandbox is Virt-A-Mate (VAM). That's Unity based, had years of development and users can basically create everything. But it shows it's age and many users are looking for a modern alternative. Honest the dev is probably already very annoyed by all the casual users asking him why he does not move to UE5 - which is a ridiculous request considering how much time he did sink into developing it on the Unity Engine. Afaik nobody has ever made something similar in the Unreal Engine. By similar I mean highly customizable - a playground that comes with just with enough content like a few premade characters, clothing, toy, environments, etc to get started ... and then creators can import their own textures, morphs, objects, maybe later even whole RPG stories etc.

I do not know how difficult it is in UE5 to provide customization options for all kind of content. From what I heard it's harder than in Unity. But if possible this could make development easier on the long run - simply because users can provide content and you as developer can focus on the core functionality.

As always there are probably 90% of people screaming 'give content now!!! more more!' ... it's never enough - but from one dev (old ex adult game dev - yeah my profile does not show that) to another - don't let yourself pressure. I think you are sitting on a gold mine and this project could become very big. However I think it can not be 'super' successful without the sandbox part - this is the key part and the reason why I'm writing this. Keep working on the tech and do not go for 'content' yet. If this would be my project I'd try to implement an UI to browse the filesystem in-game and then add the functions to load custom character textures and morph. It seems to me you are using DAZ models as foundation - which is really good for other creators to create custom characters - but did you make sure you can legally use this?

Tech demo 2.1 ran butter smooth performance wise btw.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I think this project has great potential if it would go the sandbox route. Currently the most popular Adult Sandbox is Virt-A-Mate (VAM).
VaM is a "pure" Sandbox environment for creating your own scenes, looks and environments. This however aims to be a full blown game with "some" kinda customization, and I'd rather see a game on this level with some sandbox-ish elements to it instead of getting another "VaM".

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
...right now we cant.
Well, a lot of people (myself included) can actually play this game without any issues. And I don't have a beefy up-to-date computer with the latest GPU, a high end processor and tons of memory. I'm using a GPU (2080Ti) from like 4-5 years ago, a CPU (i9-9900k) from 2018 and 32gig of memory, and this game in its current state works like a charm.

Yes, there might be ways to optimize it even more, and I think that the dev is trying his best to do so already, but at some point I also want games to move on and be of a higher quality and such, meaning they have to use more advanced technology which then might aslso need more advanced hardware to run on. We, who then want to play more recent games, have to move on as well and stop expecting that all current released titles will work on our no-yet-updated systems. I know it kinda sucks not being able to play modern games anymore at some point -- but imagine we (developers and players) had agreed to not use more advanced technology at a certain point, we still would play some pixelated 2D games :-D

BullDemon

Dec 10, 2018
Well, a lot of people (myself included) can actually play this game without any issues. And I don't have a beefy up-to-date computer with the latest GPU, a high end processor and tons of memory. I'm using a GPU (2080Ti) from like 4-5 years ago, a CPU (i9-9900k) from 2018 and 32gig of memory, and this game in its current state works like a charm.

Yes, there might be ways to optimize it even more, and I think that the dev is trying his best to do so already, but at some point I also want games to move on and be of a higher quality and such, meaning they have to use more advanced technology which then might aslso need more advanced hardware to run on. We, who then want to play more recent games, have to move on as well and stop expecting that all current released titles will work on our no-yet-updated systems. I know it kinda sucks not being able to play modern games anymore at some point -- but imagine we (developers and players) had agreed to not use more advanced technology at a certain point, we still would play some pixelated 2D games :-D
i dont have the money for those components, i have a gtx1660 and ryzen 7 3700x 16gb ram see? well this pc cost me around 1000€ 3 years ago, and i build it, not a premade pc, i cant affort that money to have a better pc

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
i dont have the money for those components.
I can fully understand. But then you'll need to accept that with your gear you might not be able to play this game, while others with more advanced gear can. As I said in my previous comment: if we want games to adopt new technologies and become more advanced, we also need to accept the fact that we might need new hardware to play them. We can't have both -- better games using new technologies, and playing them on outdated hardware, this just doesn't work. As harsh as this might sound...

BullDemon

Dec 10, 2018
I can fully understand. But then you'll need to accept that with your gear you might not be able to play this game, while others with more advanced gear can. As I said in my previous comment: if we want games to adopt new technologies and become more advanced, we also need to accept the fact that we might need new hardware to play them. We can't have both -- better games using new technologies, and playing them on outdated hardware, this just doesn't work. As harsh as this might sound...
yes i accpet it, and i dont blame no one for this, we are just saying that we are sad xD

Reactions: Dingickso

Dark_Spectre81

May 11, 2020
The Game crashed after Character-Custom, everytime.. how can i fix this?
The graphic-card-driver is up-to-date and directx 12 is installed
---Problem solved---

Last edited:

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
theMickey_ You know, I'm kinda mixed on this point of yours so if you don't mind I'd like to add a bit more; Evolving the technology is always a good thing and that means progress, I do fully agree with this, however I have to also refer to cyberpunk 2077 as an icon of how bad it can be, that game can render a 13900K + 4090 rig to it's knees with all the bells and wistles activated wich is technically "pushing the tecnology"... Doesn't excuse the fact that the game begun as a shallow and disappointing mess, even today with update 2.0 and many revamped systems, the story is still very mediocre considering the whole "life path" debacle. So all in all I'll say that before pushing any boundaries (wich again it's a good thing), game has to be a good game first, either a great story, or mindblowing gameplay, for this look at Elden Ring, gameplay wise is great, story is great if you dive into the lore (bless my boy Vaaty xD) and that game is nowhere pushing any graphycal boundaries really.

this next one you can disregard as is much more a personal gripe but... For me all this RT and 4K is marketing gimmic as is, tech is very unmature and hits performance too much for the "inmersion" gains, like I said I'd take good gameplay and great story before 4K and RT any day, though I'm a FPS and RPG man so to me stable FPS, art direction and story are king over graphycs, but to anyone their own I guess.

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
theMickey_ You know, I'm kinda mixed on this point of yours so if you don't mind I'd like to add a bit more; Evolving the technology is always a good thing and that means progress, I do fully agree with this, however I have to also refer to cyberpunk 2077 as an icon of how bad it can be, that game can render a 13900K + 4090 rig to it's knees with all the bells and wistles activated wich is technically "pushing the tecnology"... Doesn't excuse the fact that the game begun as a shallow and disappointing mess, even today with update 2.0 and many revamped systems, the story is still very mediocre considering the whole "life path" debacle. So all in all I'll say that before pushing any boundaries (wich again it's a good thing), game has to be a good game first, either a great story, or mindblowing gameplay, for this look at Elden Ring, gameplay wise is great, story is great if you dive into the lore (bless my boy Vaaty xD) and that game is nowhere pushing any graphycal boundaries really.

this next one you can disregard as is much more a personal gripe but... For me all this RT and 4K is marketing gimmic as is, tech is very unmature and hits performance too much for the "inmersion" gains, like I said I'd take good gameplay and great story before 4K and RT any day, though I'm a FPS and RPG man so to me stable FPS, art direction and story are king over graphycs, but to anyone their own I guess.
The problem not in 4k or RT, not even on 3D!
Main problem in gpu manufacturing, just look on mid-gpus spec, around 50 rop & 100 tmu now - it's like 10 years ago, 0 evolution - WTF...

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes