4.30 star(s) 26 Votes

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
And you're right, as I said tech (and for that matter hardware too) evolving is a good thing that I fully want, but lets be realistinc, unless someone come out with quantum processing (a thing was very much said years ago) current hardware is reaching it's limits, increasing any processing power either graphys or CPU must come from increasing CPU/GPU sizes and this is after all "normal consumer market" and in this specific case it's more likely to evolve software wise than hardware at least in short term. now I said the whole 4K and RT because, what's the bulk of the marketing of the high end GPUs this year?, 4K and RT, how many of the players do actually use any of them?, according to Steam less than 20% or so (and last I heard the poll only tracks if you "ever used" not is you regularly use it), heck don't anyone remember the whole PUBG debacle in wich players would tone down their graaphycs settings to min so the game didn't render the tall grass and therefore players on their screens looked like morons prone in middle of nowhere?, again this 4K/RT is more a gripe of mine than actual problem, just so happends that it leaks into the indie sphere lately and leads to the CP2077 situation I mentioned.

timiko

Jun 30, 2018
The problem not in 4k or RT, not even on 3D!
Main problem in gpu manufacturing, just look on mid-gpus spec, around 50 rop & 100 tmu now - it's like 10 years ago, 0 evolution - WTF...
And you're right, as I said tech (and for that matter hardware too) evolving is a good thing that I fully want, but lets be realistinc, unless someone come out with quantum processing (a thing was very much said years ago) current hardware is reaching it's limits, increasing any processing power either graphys or CPU must come from increasing CPU/GPU sizes and this is after all "normal consumer market" and in this specific case it's more likely to evolve software wise than hardware at least in short term. now I said the whole 4K and RT because, what's the bulk of the marketing of the high end GPUs this year?, 4K and RT, how many of the players do actually use any of them?, according to Steam less than 20% or so (and last I heard the poll only tracks if you "ever used" not is you regularly use it), heck don't anyone remember the whole PUBG debacle in wich players would tone down their graaphycs settings to min so the game didn't render the tall grass and therefore players on their screens looked like morons prone in middle of nowhere?, again this 4K/RT is more a gripe of mine than actual problem, just so happends that it leaks into the indie sphere lately and leads to the CP2077 situation I mentioned.
But GPUs still follow moore's law, density still gets crazy fast and we still have few years of pushing EUV nodes. After EUV will be something else. Before EUV we also had comments how soon getting more density will be impossible with silicon.

ROPs and TMUs counts aren't that much important, especially if we don't push higher resolution for years. 4K is highend for years already, 1440p just switche to be more common, so really barely any reason to add more ROPs instead of shaders cores or some dedicated silicon for RT or low precission processing (AI)

And well even if counts stayed, perfrormance of units went up
R9 290X ( highend 2013, $550 launch price) 64 ROPs 64.00 GPixel/s pixel rate / 176 TMUs 176.0 GTexel/s texture rate
RX 7800XT (midend 2023, $500 launch price) 96 ROPs 233.3 GPixel/s pixel rate / 240TMUs 583.2 GTexel/s texture rate

but maing difference is shader performance, FP32 (float) 5.632 TFLOPS for 290x and vs 18.66 TFLOPS for 7800XT (theoretical 37.32 TFLOPS when being able to use dual issue possibilities, in reality in most cases it looks like 20% gain, but some pro soft scales extremely well)

mugijos95

Jun 7, 2020
Actually you're right, and you know what, as a material engineer myself I do belive there's room for improvements on hardware level still (just for reference, 3 years of chemichal engineering, 5 of materials engineering with a minor on advanced materials and general physics and chemistry entusiast), but the argument that I mostly try to convey is not that the hardware or for that matter software should/n't improve or anything of the likes of that, my whole point revolves around it's been so much of the focus on the AAA side and it's starting to bleed into the indie side, that the important part of a game is getting sidelined.

Funny enough I stumbled into a video that pretty much gave better examples, so I'd suggest giving it a watch, trully underrated channel I'd say.

P.S.: Note to the dev of this game, I'm not saying this is aplicable to you in specific, I'm more than aware of the early state of this game, and that the engine used + other technical aspects are done in favor of this game's presentation, I'll come to a fair judgment once the game is finish as that is the fair thing to do, not judging it on it's current state. I just want this to succed and not fall into the same pit of evvery other graaphically impressive snorefest of the last years, and I very much wish you success, Dilly_!.

Reactions: Dilly_

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
yeah i think he is making a male player option and will be used for male npc (bodies), i hope its done soon

also maybe new clothes, i see new shoes, unless its male only

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
yeah i think he is making a male player option and will be used for male npc (bodies), i hope its done soon

also maybe new clothes, i see new shoes, unless its male only
Male characters were added to the character creator today. The customization for males won't be quite as extensive as it is for females simply because my interests lie more with having a higher degree of customization for females.

Also I've disabled post-character creator stuff for this update. Don't worry, male characters are mostly working in the free-roam level as well but it needs a few things still and I didn't want time between updates to be too long. Managed to get this one out in almost exactly 1 month since the last release.

Save for new clothing and items that can be easily added to the character creator, I probably won't be doing much more work on it (unless it's to add new items or fix bugs). I've spent quite a bit of time at this point working on the character creator and I am generally happy with it, so I'd like to move on to other features, which I can do now that male characters are added.

Also I posted this on Patreon if anyone is interested in what is coming next:

The next update will enable post-character creation content again, and all the existing features will work for male characters. I expect to have this done in 2 or 3 weeks.

After male characters are fully functioning I will be adding sex animations, in the form of a sandbox "dream" mode the player can access when they go to bed. This will allow you to have sexual interactions with NPCs you have discovered inside the dream. Sex outside the dream mode will require progressing with that character's storyline IRL (so not in dream mode).

Once this is done, I'm developing a tool for NPC creation so the world can finally be populated with multiple NPCs. I will then be fleshing out the task/quest system.
Please consider supporting me on if you like this project as without your support I simply can't develop the game. Every single one matters especially at this early stage.

Dr_Kek

Oct 15, 2020
Male characters were added to the character creator today. The customization for males won't be quite as extensive as it is for females simply because my interests lie more with having a higher degree of customization for females.

Also I've disabled post-character creator stuff for this update. Don't worry, male characters are mostly working in the free-roam level as well but it needs a few things still and I didn't want time between updates to be too long. Managed to get this one out in almost exactly 1 month since the last release.

Save for new clothing and items that can be easily added to the character creator, I probably won't be doing much more work on it (unless it's to add new items or fix bugs). I've spent quite a bit of time at this point working on the character creator and I am generally happy with it, so I'd like to move on to other features, which I can do now that male characters are added.

Also I posted this on Patreon if anyone is interested in what is coming next:

Please consider supporting me on if you like this project as without your support I simply can't develop the game. Every single one matters especially at this early stage.
gonna try this new version later, good works honestly, and yeah the char customisation is pretty heavy already, good continuation or the game content :>

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Afterparty-TINYMEATGAMES-2.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
We're doing a funding run! !​

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
The reason I'm "waving people away" to update drivers is because it works and is solving many people's problems.

Nanite requires Dx12 to function, this is not a limitation unique to my game but rather a hard requirement for all modern games made in Unreal that will be using Nanite. Vulkan support in the future is also a possibility. OpenGL will not be supported.

If your hardware cannot support Dx12, then chances are high that you will not be getting playable frames with this game to begin with. If your Dell laptop with integrated graphics can't run modern high fidelity games, I don't know why you would expect to play a game like this and expect it to be any different.

My laptop from 2014 can run this game and get playable frames on low settings with scalability turned way down. I realize it's a hassle to ensure your drivers are updated, but if Sysinfo is telling you that your hardware does support Dx12 yet the game won't run, the only possibility is that your drivers are not updated (or you need the prerequisites). That's it.
I was able to run this on Linux through Bottles:

-> Wine 8.17, VKD3D-proton 2.10, system setting Windows10

Reactions: MaxSDVXXXL

bl0021

Feb 9, 2022
Black screen error/startup problem is about software settings, not hardware or drivers.

I was playing 2.2b fine. I finished character creation and went to the walk around. I wanted to remove sunglasses so I went back to character creation. Then the game crashed and now I only get a black screen where UE does not load.

Please understand - I could play both 2.2 and 2.2b fine. They would make my graphics card Nvidia RTX 2060 run hot, but they worked. Suddenly it doesn't.
1) I deleted the game and reinstalled everything, including UE and Microsoft Visual C++ versions that came with it. It didn't work.
2) I updated Nvidia driver to 537.42, beyond what the dev says is needed. It didn't work. I am already running DX12.
3) Game freezes on black screen on startup. Task manager says the game isn't responding and shows it always using 0% of graphics card when I start it up.

Please stop saying this is a hardware problem and I need to switch to Win 11 or Linux or get a new graphics card.

The black screen issue is NOT a hardware problem, it is a SOFTWARE problem.

It clearly only affects some users - the game works for others with low/old hardware but not for some people with newer hardware. But it's a problem that stops UE from starting up.

The proof is I was able to play every version fine including 2.2b until i wasn't. My hardware and drivers are fine and latest. The problem is something in Windows settings, antivirus or in UE. It suddenly switched everything off.

If I figure it out, I will update.

But please stop saying to everyone they need to buy a new graphics card or new computer or update to Win11. That is not the problem here.

Reactions: Jerra69Buff

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Afterparty-TINYMEATGAMES-2.2b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 26 Votes