4.30 star(s) 25 Votes

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
So... let me guess, a dead father and a "landlady" and "roommate?"
Actually I'd like for the titles of NPCs to be editable so you can call them what you want. When I say "inspired by Summertime Saga", I don't mean the characters will be the same, I mean I like the idea of characters being at different locations at different times and how story progression was handled.

spellbreaker

Aug 24, 2017
Looks interesting. I'll check it out. Are you going to be able to play a male protagonist in the game?

May 31, 2019
Unfortunately, the download size is the cost of including high resolution textures and high tri-count assets. To give you an idea, each 4k skin texture map for the entire character is around 32mb. There are 6 maps, so that's 192mb. And that's only the skin textures. You can see how these things add up very quickly.
It can add up quickly if you're doing things inefficiently.
You really only need 4k for the diffuse texture, and even then it's probably not worth it unless your face is jammed right up against it, and at that point it's probably not enough resolution.
For the other textures, like the normal/roughness/etc you can easily get away with 2k or even 1k textures. Not to mention you really should be channel packing your grayscale textures anyway. No need separating roughness/metallic/etc onto their own maps when you can just pack one of each into the R G and B channels of a single image. If you're doing things right, you'd only need half the textures per character and like 1/3rd the size. Since really all you'd have at that point is a Diffuse, Normal, and your channel packed image containing your roughness, and 2 other grayscale maps of your choice.

And if you really wanted to get fancy, you could even get rid of the , plop whatever grayscale texture you want in there, and in UE separate the RGB channels, use the map from the B channel for whatever, and get a regular normal map back by combining your RG channels with a 100% blue color.

Last edited:

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
It can add up quickly if you're doing things inefficiently.
You really only need 4k for the diffuse texture, and even then it's probably not worth it unless your face is jammed right up against it, and at that point it's probably not enough resolution.
For the other textures, like the normal/roughness/etc you can easily get away with 2k or even 1k textures. Not to mention you really should be channel packing your grayscale textures anyway. No need separating roughness/metallic/etc onto their own maps when you can just pack one of each into the R G and B channels of a single image. If you're doing things right, you'd only need half the textures per character and like 1/3rd the size. Since really all you'd have at that point is a Diffuse, Normal, and your channel packed image containing your roughness, and 2 other grayscale maps of your choice.

And if you really wanted to get fancy, you could even get rid of the , plop whatever grayscale texture you want in there, and in UE separate the RGB channels, use the map from the B channel for whatever, and get a regular normal map back by combining your RG channels with a 100% blue color.
Thanks for your input, you are correct of course. The diffuse maps in the game are 4k, normal and detail normals are 2k, roughness is 1k. I am also using UDIM, because it works well in particular with Daz characters since they are setup to work with it anyway and it reduces draw calls. I personally think a file size of 2.3GB is not outrageous for what’s currently in the game, and it’s not likely to increase that much in the future either, since all the assets needed for NPC creation are already present. It will go up though once I start adding new maps but even then I don’t think it’ll get too crazy

123guy

May 24, 2019
Pretty cool base for a game. But I must say.... please let me be able to make the penis much bigger!

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hi

I love what I am seeing here...

Questions:

1, How do we get into Photo Mode once you have finished the character?
2, Pantyhose seem to be just fishnets, can you arrange for others to be added ? (IE Normal with a variety of denier)
3, We need some sheer bodysuits/bras. lol

The actual area / scene's are great and well thought out...

As above though, game runs fine for me, except when getting into Shower. Just a black screen.

Looks like a keeper...

Reactions: DevSteve

Dilly_

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Hi

I love what I am seeing here...

Questions:

1, How do we get into Photo Mode once you have finished the character?
2, Pantyhose seem to be just fishnets, can you arrange for others to be added ? (IE Normal with a variety of denier)
3, We need some sheer bodysuits/bras. lol

The actual area / scene's are great and well thought out...

As above though, game runs fine for me, except when getting into Shower. Just a black screen.

Looks like a keeper...
P button opens it, definitely need to make that clear. May do a revamping of bindable hotkeys in the settings menu at some point

Yes, adding a bunch of pantyhose options would be rather fast too. I’ll put it on the list.

Shower was overlooked on my part, meant to turn off its interaction before posting. Well I did, for all showers except that one. Plan to do some stuff with shower spying.

• Red Heart
Reactions: IXL

Valter1

Jan 12, 2023
This seems to be associated with overclocking.
Wild shot in the dark here, but you might want to have the game frame-limited by default. I remember an big new MMO burning RTX 3090s because the FPS was uncapped so it would use the overclocked beasts to their absolute limit.

drpavelcia

Aug 19, 2018
Wild shot in the dark here, but you might want to have the game frame-limited by default. I remember an big new MMO burning RTX 3090s because the FPS was uncapped so it would use the overclocked beasts to their absolute limit.
For users, set your max FPS globally in in the Nvidia Control Panel, and never worry about something like that happening.

Reactions: Valter1

SimpleTimes

Jan 26, 2021
Unreal uses BC5 compression for normal maps, which already is optimized for them, so there's no point in packing any other map in the normal map texture.

4.30 star(s) 25 Votes