27X

Oct 30, 2019
Well after using both DHH and Vaniyya for about two hours; I can say with your optimizations there is a decided improvement, also Phantom CA has disappeared from Moon and sunrise.

give the absurdity of my hardware, there not much change in FPS, still p much 60; however the dips are far less frequent and instead of hitting 30 or 20 and then going back to 60, 35-45 seems to be the lowest drop so far. These are on a new game(s) so I haven't built an Endless Pagoda of Infinite Snog yet or anything and still have to unlock the "secret lab", but with Shan+3 FPS is still more stable than it was with Vsync Locked.

Reactions: EroShane

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Thank you for the answer :) It helped me understand. Can you negate darkness with you humanity or reduce it somehow?
I have not seen any hints of any one stat "negating" another as many have hinted. As your top three stats change those receiving bonus points to rolls during their decision roll phase will change, thus affecting behaviors. This doesn't mean that just because you got 3 Aquamarines (i think that is the humanity one, again off the top of my head) and raised her Humanity/Reason by 300pts, and she seems to now have stopped a certain behavior, that she actually stopped. She just has a more diverse selection of possibilities now, so she is choosing from a larger assortment of choices.

I made a chart that has been ripped off and modded by a few others presently who didn't credit me at all... Not that I really care, but I think I was one of the first that was digging in the core engineering of the game code... Let me find that... I'm getting a bit scattered due to the overwhelming number of issues I am trying to help people with...

Okay, so all traits and lifestyles seem to gain the most benefits from two other traits -- however this is not all inclusive, and almost every trait gains a new bonus to other actions when combined with ANY other trait. So I am focusing on the common ones that benefit each type MOST resulting in the largest bonuses towards the most choices, as this is most important when choosing a lifestyle path for the girl... I have included the translations that are common and the words I have "substituted" myself for these things, since they are more sensible IMHO... I believe that some of these are poor English substitutes for what they do to the girl's personality and lead to false impressions.

Lifestyles are awarded based on the top two scoring traits when the 4th heart is received...

Driver (Pacesetter/"Independent/Leader"):
#1 Girl Power/Pheromone/"Femininity" + (#2 Reason/Humanity/"Intellectual", #3 Darkness/Moodiness/"Fickle", #4 Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty", #5 Sociability)

Armchair (Inexperienced/"Leisurely"):
#1 "Reliability"/Trust + (#2 Reason/Humanity/"Intellectual" #3 Girl Power/Pheromone/"Femininity," #4 Darkness/Moodiness/"Fickle," #5 Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty")

Baby (Indulgent/"Outgoing"):
#1 Sociability + (#2 "Reliability"/Trust, #3 Humanity/Reason/"Intellectual," #3 Girl Power/Pheromone/"Femininity," #4 Perversion/Dirtiness/Transformation/"Sexuality," #4 Instinct/"Survival," #5 "Reliability"/Trust)

Excitement Seeker (Proficient/"Energetic"):
#1 Instinct/"Survival" + (#2 Perversion/Dirtiness/Transformation/"Sexuality" OR Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty," #3 the other from previous, #4 Darkness/Moodiness/Fickle, #5 Sociability, #6 Girl Power/Pheromone/Femininity

Getter (Achiever/"Selfish/Manipulative"):
#1 Perversion/Dirtiness/Transformation/"Sexuality" + (#2 Instinct/"Survival" OR Humanity/Reason/"Intellectual," #3 the other from previous, #4 Girl Power/Pheromone/"Femininity," #5 Sociability, #6 Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty")

Controller ("Mistress/Wife/Concubine"):
#1 Darkness/Moodiness/"Fickle" + (#2 Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty," #3 "Reliability"/Trust, #4 Reason/Humanity/"Intellectual" or Sociability, #5 the other from previous, #6 Perversion/Dirtiness/Transformation/"Sexuality")

Each of these Lifstyles require top two trait scores to be present and benefit most off the others in the order shown providing the most possibilities of individual choices per situation. The traits also provide innate skills that the girl may inherit:
Note: (xx%) is the chance of inheriting the trait skill, each trait has a 38% to return "0" no skill awarded when it performs the 3 rolls upon receiving the 3rd heart. That is a potential of 9 skills + 1 additional based on her mood (morale, mistranslated Moral and thus people are incorrect in all assumptions based on "モラル ") + related H skills, a very unlucky person may not get any free trait skills except 1 of the mood based ones. When leveling to the 3rd and 4th hearts I suggest saving and using a gift to level them so you can reload and try again for a better roll, even save decent ones on alternate slots and try a few more times, since you cannot change this afterward.

Girl Power/Pheromone/"Femininity"
Cooking Lover (15%) will cook often if ingredients are available in stovetop storage
Clean Lover (15%) bathes often
Animal Lover (15%) like playing with pets
Sleeping Princess (15%) naps often
Priestess Bloodline (2%) resistant to temperature changes, darkness trait growth, and sickness

"Reliability"/Trust
Achiever (15%) gains more experience when performing tasks, improves at accelerated rate
Simple (15%) like receiving flattery
Reaction Lover (15%) likes to give the player gifts
Dear (15%) enjoys following the player, more inclined to threesome events
Devoted Partner (2%) enjoys talking to the player, will talk longer, trust and motivation get 10% boost per interaction

Reason/Humanity/"Intellectual"
Fishing Lover (15%) the girl will choose to fish more often
Clumsy/"Distracted" (15%) girl will be more likely to get injured
Crop Knowledge (15%) increases the speed of crop growth and yield potential
Avarice/"Eagerness" (15%) will often ask for help with item collections and/or recipes ingredients
Tireless/"Focused" (2%) girl no longer fatigues and doesn't need sleep like normal girls

Instinct/"Survival"
Glutton (15%) the girl likes to eat more often
Rain Lover (15%) is immune to negative status inflicted by poor weather conditions
Wild (15%) girl won't use furniture or live in homes (prefers bed of leaves and bathing in tidal pools)
Goods Supplier (15%) will forage more items from gather locations (hand icon)
Beastmaster (2%) girl will catch cats

Perversion/Dirtiness/Transformation/"Sexuality"
Moody/"Horny" (15%) girl's naughty mood will rise randomly without particular reason
Loves to Play/"Playful" (15%) girl will go out and play more often, increases positive mood randomly
Sexual Desire (15%) H-scenes and Naughty Talk will increase perversion exp, which will cause naughty mood to increase more rapidly, which leads to the girl requesting more H encounters and talking dirty. (lather, rinse, repeat)
Curiosity (15%) flattery and naughty talk will increase naughty mood and perversion exp (lather, rinse, repeat)
Cursed Body (2%) randomly gains naughty mood, but also fatigue, is made happy by sexual collapses, which makes it so you need to carry her to bed more often and she will need rest more often as well.

Vigilance/Guarded/"Modesty"
Sensitive/"Irritable" (15%) mood decreases faster causing lack of cooperation and a rise in darkness
Distrustful (15%) mood worsens when flattery or naughty conversation fails, causes rise in vigilance and darkness
Heart Wall/"Stubborn" (15%) won't listen to advice and will randomly choose to do their own thing
Body Management (15%) takes needed breaks when fatigue rises
Endurance (2%) girl no longer gets hungry and has no need to eat

Sociability
Lonely (15%) the girl prefers to speak with the player more than normal
Good Talker (15%) girl's relationship grows stronger with player and other girls after a conversation
Chatty (15%) sociability and relationship exp grow when talking, which makes the girl more likely to engage in conversation
Doer/"Socialite" (15%) increases maximum motivation which allows the girl more active time to engage in longer conversations and more activities per interaction before exhausting her timer
Super Sense/"Devoted" (2%) when you call the girl on your phone she will come no matter how far away she is

Darkness/Moodiness/"Fickle/Insanity"
Slacker/"Lethargic" (15%) often takes breaks, decreasing fatigue, but will also neglect her other needs in the process, increasing hunger, and reducing overall health
Fastidious/"Mysophobic/Ablutomanic" (15%) as the need for a bath increases, if the girl is performing another task, her mood will severely decrease
Misfortune (15%) will receive more 1 star items when foraging gather points
Weak Constitution/"Unhealthy" (15%) girl has a higher rate of illness
Deep Darkness/"Bi-Polar/Jealousy" (2%) when a girl socializes with other girls, or if the girl sees the player socializing with other girls, fatigue will rise sharply, causing an increase in darkness and more frequent girl collapses

One of these additional items are added in relation to the girl's mood when reaching the 3 heart mark... This is guaranteed.

Morality ("Mood/Morale") score 50% or lower
Unkempt/"Dissatisfied" (24%) girl has to consume twice as much drink to influence temperature abnormalities
Lucky (24%) girl finds more 2 star items at gather points
Digging Maniac (24%) girl finds more items when digging with the shovel
Bug collector (24%) will gather items more frequently with the bug net
Hunter (4%) girl gains increased exp from finding items and receiving gifts

Morality ("Mood/Morale") score 51% or higher
Courage (24%) girl will explore more on her own
Collector (24%) girl will forage for items more, which will increase her Instinct/Survival exp, which makes her want to forage items more (lather, rinse, repeat)
Terrain Grasp (24%) girl will mine more often with a pickaxe equipped
Guts (24%) a girl will not overheat as easily reducing fatigue and collapses, which increases productivity
Good Luck (4%) a girl will collect more 3 star items at gather points

Also, all of these things have direct influences over what choices are made each turn by the girl in the 16 potential options that she has available, of which many of these have reference tables for sub-decisions...

I.E. If she chooses 12/16 with her random rolls, that is "Game" which is engage in leisure activities... These include:
Reading
Gardening
Playing a game
Fishing
Swing on swing
etc...

Each of there will be rolled on, and many of these have other influencing factors. If more then one exceeds 10,000 pts in the series of rolls, then a tiebreaker roll will take place in a back and forth "sudden death" style decision.

Hopefully this will help you (and anyone else) better understand this, and the idea that there is no inherently negative stat or skill because all have two sides...

I.E. Sure a sickly girl collapses a lot, but this gives the player the option to carry her from a remote location to bed, then care for her illnesses or woes. This will increase her Trust/Reliability, Sociability, and Instinct as well as the relationship between the girl and the player. If another girl takes interest while she is down similar scores are added to both of them. Also, if you decide to be a deviant and take advantage of her in a helpless state, it will affect her Darkness, Vigilance, and Perversion similarly.

There really are no wrong choices, just different choices, which create new influences and outcomes in the shaping of each girl's personality. Sure some things are better than others depending on how YOU WANT to play the game, but there is no inherently wrong or bad outcome...

It's how you can think to use every situation to the player's benefit...

Last edited:

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Well after using both DHH and Vaniyya for about two hours; I can say with your optimizations there is a decided improvement, also Phantom CA has disappeared from Moon and sunrise.

give the absurdity of my hardware, there not much change in FPS, still p much 60; however the dips are far less frequent and instead of hitting 30 or 20 and then going back to 60, 35-45 seems to be the lowest drop so far. These are on a new game(s) so I haven't built an Endless Pagoda of Infinite Snog yet or anything and still have to unlock the "secret lab", but with Shan+3 FPS is still more stable than it was with Vsync Locked.
Are you on a 60Hz monitor with Vsync/Gsync enabled either in the game options internals, your graphics card, or in DX11/12 settings? If so you will be soft-capped around 60ish fps...

jadoresleep

Nov 10, 2019
Oof, make sure you redo any driver configurations after updating, since they can be reset on update. But updating your graphics drivers should increase your performance in general from what I understand. Make sure you're on the latest update, which should be like 26.20.100.7372 (date: 10/30/2019)
Just updated late last night but so far after following most of your tips my FPS has increased tremendously even when the graphics in game are on 4. The biggest help was changing the graphics settings in the main computer settings (also under games?) to high performance for the exe. I dont even need compatibility support anymore buuut the only way housing island doesn't go black on me is if i save and load there (vice versa for ruined island) as you've mentioned before. I would recommend anyone with a similar set up and issue to do the same.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
How exactly do you get girls to interact with each other? I have two, both with high level stats, in the 10,000s thanks to the script mods, and neither of them talks to each other. When they want to start H, they both just come after me and do that slow walk with their head lowered and hands behind their back. They never talk to each other for anything.

Reactions: P_ai

jadoresleep

Nov 10, 2019
How exactly do you get girls to interact with each other? I have two, both with high level stats, in the 10,000s thanks to the script mods, and neither of them talks to each other. When they want to start H, they both just come after me and do that slow walk with their head lowered and hands behind their back. They never talk to each other for anything.
Im assuming the sociability is high enough because mine have roughly 200 ish in that area (new game) and if i stalk them for a while they begin to talk to one another without my interruption. I generally only see it when most of them are at my "compound" in the ruins area. Also i think if you ask them "who's your friend?" its supposed to encourage them to somehow? not 100% about it tho but i think that's what one of these websites said.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for responding! CPU is Intel Core i5 @ 1.60 GHz ~1.8 & GPU is Intel UHD Graphics 620. (Im pretty basic with computers and software so bare with me lol) Hopefully this can get solved. If its a shader issue any tips to 'fix' it? I also noticed after I came back from the housing island the 'black' glitches with water/cum/rain still remained. It only goes away if I restart the program and not go back to that island.
Ahhhhh... Okay yeah... #1, this game slams my OCed i7 octo @ 4.99Ghz when decision refresh time comes around. The black or missing shader issue is a lack of memory issue. Most people with integrated graphics are experiencing issues as it seems the game itself hates you... LOL! Seriously, I dumped my old Titan card for an OCed newer one with little improvements. Maybe overall 30% gains but far less noticable than you would expect. Moved the game to one of my Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSDs and only noticed a small improvement, mostly in load times, but not throwing a lot of FPS my way. Manually setup my internal FPS limiter to 300, which gave me +5 stable fps or so commonly but again, not much. I've got a Cyberpower Fang III Black Mamba gaming PC, with an ASUS Z390 PRIME gaming motherboard, OCed Intel i7 8th Gen octocore CPU, OCed ASUS/Nvidia Cerberus GTX 1050Ti, 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws RAM, dual radiator liquid cooled system with 8 induction and 8 exhaust case fans and a GIGAbyte ODIN Pro 1200w PSU pushing all that... AND I STILL GET QUIRKY BEHAVIORS! I see people with even newer PCs that would OUTPERFORM MINE (which was ordered, built, modded for designing Unity Engine based games no less!) that are having problems with glitchiness and random troubles like big FPS drops, freezing, lag, ugly aliasing, etc...

The game is just buggy AF... I am sure that in time more integrated graphics fixes will come around, but just consider the reality... Most guys that are working on the mods and patching game engine framework issues, poor optimization, etc., are going to have at/about my computer or better (one they sold their souls for, unless they are very wealthy individuals, as my base cost was just over $6K then I have invested a lot into it since, likely about $3K more little by little, and I couldn't afford it to be honest, I just paid this thing off 6 months ago or so after 3 years of payments). They are going to optimize the game to run respectably on higher end machines first. As they do they may drop mods that turn down/off some effects since they were already in there modding them anyway, it's simple and requires no time to make a copy and edit a file you just edited and make a stripped down version. However, I have no way to test on board graphics compatibility or troubleshoot such... The only thing I have integrated graphics on in the house is my work Tablet/PC, which is totally incapable of running this game.

I am sure that there will be folks working on it, hate to be a Debbie-downer, but realistically, I cannot really offer significant help. I can try killing as many graphical processes as I can without making the game unplayable then letting you test that file and see if it helps or is too low graphics etc, then adjust it up from there until it starts to break things again, but since we are in contact through a forum, the back and forth will likely be a few days apart between one version and the next, since you will also need time to test and comment back on issues, and whatnot... LOL!

Wish Illusion wasn't so anal about outside Japan support... Would make all of this MUCH simpler...

• Wow
Reactions: jadoresleep

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Im assuming the sociability is high enough because mine have roughly 200 ish in that area (new game) and if i stalk them for a while they begin to talk to one another without my interruption. I generally only see it when most of them are at my "compound" in the ruins area. Also i think if you ask them "who's your friend?" its supposed to encourage them to somehow? not 100% about it tho but i think that's what one of these websites said.
Nevermind, I literally just slept while they were up and found them scissoring when I woke up. I just must have kept missing them talking or doing something else.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
It might be a placebo effect or something similar, but at the very beginning of my experience, I set up a positive and bright one to have generally outgoing, physical sounding attributes from there. Giving her a set of equipment as fast as I could while upgrading it along the way at a brisk pace, and she went all over the place picking up a lot of stuff and giving some as presents.

The other characters seemed to do similar things, all doing things befitting their personalities,

- The self-centered one wanted to be served - mostly eating from things from the food stores until enough time passed, and making item requests later on,
- The lethargic one definitely wants to sit around - sleeping more than the others and gathering the least out of all of them until she gained more experience,
- The confident one acts like some kind of "true" ally from past-type fiction - always the dependable one, in this case gathering consistently, generally working, and contributing more...

...things like that. For all of them, it eventually feels as if they start placing items into the chest anyway, but it still seemed to depend on those two factors in the end, and not just everything else.

The whole sum made me feel like the traits they unlock by default around Phase 3 (the heart icons, mentioned in loading tips) were in part due to a combination of those two things in addition to their stats and the lifestyle unlocked at Phase 4.
Correct -- I just wrote a very detailed outline on how this all pans out (3+ hearts, or leading into that period then after), I didn't include the initial traits from the creator though, but it was in response to a question regarding the stats cancelling out one another, which is some kind of misconception from observation but doesn't exist under the hood of the code. Yes the creator traits determine behaviors until 3 hearts. Also, the top three stats influence the behaviors most statistically, but there is an x-factor in how the game determines her "decisions" with a gambit of random 100 rolls that are influenced +/- by each stat and skill then tallied up. The top score wins unless there are more than one that break 9999 which is the measured limit, in which a sudden death style roll off occurs until one decision base wins. Each of the 16 base decision types have sub-decision options as well, which are then rolled on until there is again a final choice, that is the action she will take.

Because of this you may have an industrious girl that seems bummed and sleeps all day, or a healthy girl that takes ill more often than she should. These are just random anomalies in the system and are highly unlikely. People that post opinions based on these observations and swear by them are incorrect, even though they can provide videos/screenshots proving it DID in fact happen, their comment's relevance however to average game flow is a mere triviality. It's like reality in that sense, there is this random factor, like your kind, polite, trustworthy friend may one day, under the appropriate stress, circumstances, and environmental influences -- turn on you, rob you, then lie about it... It doesn't make the reality of who he normally was any different, it was just that one particular moment, or a series of anomalous moments out of the normal flow.

Cool thing is that there is no truly negative outcome, as each circumstance presents a different and new opportunity in the game itself. When life gives you lemons and all that... With lack of reliable english translations and so many new people coming into the game now, it creates a lot of confusion...

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Are you on a 60Hz monitor with Vsync/Gsync enabled either in the game options internals, your graphics card, or in DX11/12 settings? If so you will be soft-capped around 60ish fps...
It's a 10bit 120hz artist's monitor but the chances of the game hitting that without hardware from a couple of years from now are zilch for rather obvious reasons. Frames are capped at 60 as it's "good enough" considering how short and specific the game is.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Thank you for the answer :) It helped me understand. Can you negate darkness with you humanity or reduce it somehow?
Oh and to reduce it, sorry I didn't cover that, you can craft an anti-darkness program (little puzzle icon) that you can give the girl to reduce darkness by 50(?) I think, but you need 2 cologne, 1 magazine, and 1 gem to craft it (so you turn +170 dark into -50 or something like that... again off the top of my head).

Here you go:
antidarkness.png

Last edited:

Cruxiz

Jun 23, 2017
I don't think anyone knows what you mean in your question, thus the lack of answer... What "character cards" from what "scenes?" The only way you can access anyone's character is by them sharing their data. If the character was generated on your game, the png files are in the "UserData>Chara>Male/Female/Old" folder. You can share/trade by dropping someone else's character into this folder via the png file they will find in the same folder.

Hope that helps... if not please reword the question with a little explanation of what you mean...
Thanks for replying.

I might have thought the question was clear with the few words I used since it is a niche we're talking about, but I guess not. I am already quite familiar with copying those character PNGs (which are called character cards, for reference see booru's illusion cards channel if you do not believe so).

I am talking about almost the same concept, that of sharing scenes in Neo Studio. Yes you can share scenes which are also PNGs with the scenes on it, containing metadata of the scene which you can play or reconstruct in Neo Studio.

My question is: since these scene cards also contain any characters included which do not need to be on your game, is there a way to extract those characters from the scene cards, much like the character cards themselves.

Thanks again.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Ah! That makes sense. I still don't understand what all the stats are for I just got humanity up so that My first and second girls could get the Lifestyles Driver and Armchair. Damn. I guess I got to find some way to lower my humanity from 465. :(

Humanity (Reason): Affects her behaviour when you catch her naked, bathing or going to the toilet.

Vigilance (Wariness): How on-guard she will be around the player. Increased by catching her peeing, bathing or being mean to her. May also help prevent getting sick

This doesn't really explain what they do in those situations. I at least now know that a Humanity of 120 will make them wear clothes in the bath >.>;
Nah, just putting an outfit in the bottom of the wardrobe does that... Remove outfits from the bottom of the wardrobe and they will bathe nude... 100%!

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Thanks for replying.

I might have thought the question was clear with the few words I used since it is a niche we're talking about, but I guess not. I am already quite familiar with copying those character PNGs (which are called character cards, for reference see booru's illusion cards channel if you do not believe so).

I am talking about almost the same concept, that of sharing scenes in Neo Studio. Yes you can share scenes which are also PNGs with the scenes on it, containing metadata of the scene which you can play or reconstruct in Neo Studio.

My question is: since these scene cards also contain any characters included which do not need to be on your game, is there a way to extract those characters from the scene cards, much like the character cards themselves.

Thanks again.
AHHHH! Yes, I am aware they are called cards, I often refer to them as chara cards. I didn't know you were referring to the studio as I never use it. Being a 3D artist, I have other programs I use and I often forget there is a whole sub-culture of artists that use these poser studios for their own artwork and I didn't realize that is what you meant. I would assume if you can open a scene with characters in it, can you not simply save the characters in the studio like you would the creator?

When you referred to scenes I thought you meant the in game loading backgrounds or something... Sorry, hopefully someone with experience in that can help you...

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Weird all my girl are go full nude (always) when they bath also when raining (not often) just like an innocent bratty children lmao.

they still shy just like any normal modest? girls when some dick appear while they half/nude lol.
Put bathing outfits in the bottom of the wardrobe, regular wear clothing in top, they will wear clothes from then on... You just never gave them a clothing option... LOL!

P_ai

Oct 13, 2019
Hello. I have a problem with the graphics in the character editor. Behind the created girl there is a trace. This trace is most noticeable on the hair and when the camera rotates. Without mods, this problem is not observed. This text is written by a translator so that something may be unclear.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Hello. I have a problem with the graphics in the character editor. Behind the created girl there is a trace. This trace is most noticeable on the hair and when the camera rotates. Without mods, this problem is not observed. This text is written by a translator so that something may be unclear.
That would be why you don't want to run antialiasing, in addition to cutting your framerate by a third. Unfortunately DHH provides no way to turn it off.

Last edited:

P_ai

Oct 13, 2019
That would be why you don't want to run antialiasing, in addition to cutting your framerate by a third. Unfortunately DHH provides now way to turn it off.
To get rid of this effect I need to turn it off in DHH? will it boost fps? how to do it? (formulate simpler expressions)

3.40 star(s) 33 Votes