bob schmidt

Jun 14, 2018
Well I have to throw in the towel on this one. I am pretty versed in installing/modifying games like this, and from what I can tell all the optionional mods of repack 2.0 are working fine with zero in game issues, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually get the menu for this to pop up. Am I missing a magical keybind? Or is it supposed to autoload when viewing the girls stats? I feel like it's just not working period for me - any tips on possible issues anyone has run into trying to get this to work would be awesome.
use th enter key on the key pad to trigger it.

Reactions: byteme

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
I've only ever seen permissions blocked by the OS itself, stupid Windows 7. Don't get me wrong, 7 is a great system, but it does have its issues and that is one that carried over all the way into 10. Hopefully this issue is as simple as the antivirus, that would make remedying it a lot easier. Fixing it when the OS is the problem is a real pain. I wouldn't know since my game works fine.
Yeah, I've given thought to rewind back to Windows 7 Ultimate, as it was like the best updated version of XP Pro, once you ironed out it's kinks... 8 was like Vista reborn with 10 being like their retarded love child... LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: alex2011

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Of course, you're dealing with some fairly high level stuff considering the overall impact this will have on game operation. I'd be careful, though, they may not be done with it yet. They won't push out a solo fix patch unless there's a significant break somewhere, which I haven't seen so far since everything I've seen is avoidable. If they do, it will likely be included with any DLC they put out, if any. They probably will put out a DLC of some type, considering their history, so might want to be prepared in case anything needs to be adapted to work with the DLC.
Yeah I have started to track the changes now and also I can decompile the dlls into their original file folders and the compare changes from folder A to folder B -- then I can compare the individual files line for line... A bit tedious but not all that problematic or time consuming. Getting the adjustments dialed in is the big issue and very time consuming... tons of program restarts, which now with the latest version on the SSD, not as painful as before, but still, loading is never fun. LOL

If they patch in a good fix and this becomes unnecessary then so be it. I dunno, considering Illusion's track record, unless the issue is game breaking, they often don't do much by way of patches/fixes. In their eyes it works right on the computer they tested it on...

I am sure they will have a few more DLCs for this between now and summer 2020. Luckily for me I am obsessive as all f*ck, a perfectionist, and very very very patient... LOL

Reactions: alex2011 and 27X

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
About changing the clock resolution - read this article. especially the update on Windows 10 in September 2018:

Essentially the timertool does not work reliably on Win10 anymore.
Then why do your frames go from 25-30 to 45-50 and the drops stop occurring when your girls make decisions... As a matter of fact, after about 4-5 hours of testing, I would say that I only experienced sharp drops or lag spikes maybe 5-10 times, so few it was hardly noticeable compared to what I've grown used to...

Regardless of what one person says out there in internetland, it clearly makes an immediate and significant impact on framerate stability and also overall FPS over time.

If my calculations are correct from my observations I logged earlier... You gain about 21,400 frames per hour of play with timer tool running on a setting of 1 and about 26,600 on 2 but overall system stability is more erratic and highs/lows a bit more common.

Without TT = 124,560/hr about 34.6fps average
Setting 1ms = 145,960/hr about 40.5fps average
Setting 2ms = 151,160/hr about 42fps average
(faster systems will experience higher increases while slower ones will experience lower increases)

Microsoft and Hewlett Packard have also told people not to overclock CPUs and GPUs but that doesn't mean there is no benefit to overclocking -- it just renders their low level support they sell you worthless. ASUS, EVGA, and GIGABYTE have all made a business of this, and most people agree these OCed parts are better than the vanilla counterparts.

Also, you can always just turn it off after exiting the game. No need for it otherwise. However, it does help with the hammering those girls give your computer when they make decisions...

Xelgetsu

Aug 3, 2018
I haven't had this issue, but you are not the only one. As I said to the last one to report this, I would suggest a virus scan as your computer should not be doing that, especially not setting permissions without you.
had that issue
in my case, avast (anti-virus) was putting the .exe in quarantine. I just made an exception for the exe and now it runs alright.

thanks for answering.
ok, I going to check it, maybe it's the solution to the problem

Xelgetsu

Aug 3, 2018
Never put anything in the program files folders, not steam, not uplay, not epic, not GOG, not anything.

Always make a new folder in your root drive like Games or sth. Always make sure your have admin for your games folder. For indie games always make sure you have it cleared by your AV.
thx for this great tip

Reactions: EroShane

TheAncient0ne

Mar 30, 2018
You really have good taste (counting with your Ava Rose post as well).
Right now I'm on a road trip and I'm away from my pc.
Once I'm back I intend to share my creations too, let's just see if it isn't overly weighted for you.
Thanks. :D
I really don't mind them big. Not at all.
AI_2019-11-20-11-14-30-179_.png
This was inspired by Maria Makarova (Thick Mary, Tzar Makar)
One of the cutest BBW's on the planet IMHO.
I wish it was possible to make big bellies without the back protruding too much.

Looking forward to see your creations.

Last edited:

Xelgetsu

Aug 3, 2018
This sounds like an antivirus issue conflicting with something in the folder, likely a false positive.
I have heard that Avast, Avira, and Bitdefender all got false positives (previously mentionedboth here and on Discord). Also, are you on Windows 10 Home, placing the files in the root drive (usually C:/) and not on an Administrator account? (the latter is less likely but happens so I figured I would ask) What are you downloading with - Chrome Browser?

This is not totally uncommon, but the causes and remedies will vary.
as I have been told ... I have created a new folder in "C: /" There I have the game now. (and yes, the account it's administrator)
So I also made an exception through antivirus.
(My main browser is mozilla, but I use an external manager to download)

I hope this will solve my problem ...

thx for all tips

fischkopf

Oct 10, 2018
I have a strange problem with the exe. Sometimes after playing.
The file "AI-Syoujyo.exe" disappears from the folder.
This doesn't happen instantly, if not after two days or so ... the first thing I tried was to restore the file from rar, but Windows does not let me paste anything in the game folder, since supposedly I do not have the permission... and in the end I have to delete the whole folder. To later unzip the whole game again...
This begins to happen more times ... the weird of this, is that before this did not happen...

It should be noted that I have not added anything extra to the folder...
I play with the default version of BR release 2

someone have the same problem or i'm the onlie one that happening thoung all of this
i have the same problem. my exe simple disapeared. can anyone pls upload?

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
OMG! I know this may seem trivial to most, but the code in this game is so dirty... I can't help but optimize a lot of this...

For instance:
this.m_State.set_Lens(this.Lens);
should just be:
this.m_State.Lens = this.Lens;

this.Cam = CinemachineCore.get_Instance().GetActiveBrain(0).get_OutputCamera();
should be:
this.Cam = CinemachineCore.Instance.GetActiveBrain(0).OutputCamera;

_ctrl.get_LookAt().set_localPosition(vector3);
should be:
_ctrl.LookAt.set_localPosition(vector3);

_ctrl.get_Follow().set_position(_transTarget.get_position());
_ctrl.get_Follow().set_rotation(_transTarget.get_rotation());
_ctrl.get_Follow().set_position(_pos);
_ctrl.get_Follow().set_rotation(Quaternion.Euler(_rot));
should be:
_ctrl.Follow.set_position(_transTarget.get_position());
_ctrl.Follow.set_rotation(_transTarget.get_rotation());
_ctrl.Follow.set_position(_pos);
_ctrl.Follow.set_rotation(Quaternion.Euler(_rot));

My "optimization mod" is not going to be just a graphics mod, but a total optimization patch by time I am done... This is like C# 101 stuff though...

There are like 20 examples of this in every file in the CSharp-Assmbly.dll, and every other dll included in the game. It's just really sloppy coding.

It's aggravating and ugly to try to read it... makes things harder both to mod and for our computers to understand what they need to do.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Have you checked yo
i have the same problem. my exe simple disapeared. can anyone pls upload?
Have you checked your antivirus and possibly made an exception for the exe?
Did you put your game installation files into a folder other than "Downloads" or your root folder (C:/)/programs folder?
(i.e. (root drive) C:/Games or maybe a drive not hosting the OS like D:/ E:/ F:/Games)

Windows system security can be problematic as have been Avast, Avira, and Bitdefender to name a few false positives.

Here are the main exe and init exe, be sure to rerun the init exe again before using the game exe. You may need to clean your reg.

Reactions: fischkopf

fischkopf

Oct 10, 2018
Have you checked yo

Have you checked your antivirus and possibly made an exception for the exe?
Did you put your game installation files into a folder other than "Downloads" or your root folder (C:/)/programs folder?
(i.e. (root drive) C:/Games or maybe a drive not hosting the OS like D:/ E:/ F:/Games)

Windows system security can be problematic as have been Avast, Avira, and Bitdefender to name a few false positives.

Here are the main exe and init exe, be sure to rerun the init exe again before using the game exe. You may need to clean your reg.
yeah ive checked my av and the virus container is empty and my game is inside C:\illusion

thanks man

fischkopf

Oct 10, 2018
yeah all fine now, i also changed setting in my av. so files wont go into container without asking me first. who knows what else was deleted :/

D

Deleted member 87664

so when you set a Npc girl to Futanari they just behave normally..

No Male Pc X Futanari npc.

No Female Pc X Futanari npc.

No Futanari pc X Futanari npc.

No Futanari npc Solo.

All we get is Futanari pc X Female npc.

Also on Female/Futanari pc x Female npc the pc has no voice.

20191115130857754.png

is there a mod that fixes this? or think they will add it in a update/Dlc??

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
So this is the kind of stuff modders are up against here... Look at this...
Left is original code, right is better optimized... Now I am sure some C# guru will say even mine is sloppy, but wow, this is a total clusterf*ck... They had 8 completely separate operations running as 1 long run-on "else if" operation... Just poorly executed imho.

I mean for real, even Visual Studio and dnSpy won't let me recompile some of this stuff because it detects errors and redundancies. Like you try to save your work, and it's like "no no no," because of something you didn't even touch! Then you have to find out what they screwed up and fix that, which makes you wonder how they were able to even export it in the first place without VS making them fix it!

Clusterfuck.jpg

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
so when you set a Npc girl to Futanari they just behave normally..

is there a mod that fixes this? or think they will add it in a update/Dlc??
If no one does it by time I finish with graphics optimization mod and adding more NPC girl mods, I'll take a crack at it... can't be too hard.

All of this would be much easier if I didn't need to fix all of Illusion Soft's janky-ass code every time I try to export something I modded and VS bitches me out like, "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word."

Apr 29, 2018
So this is the kind of stuff modders are up against here... Look at this...
Left is original code, right is better optimized... Now I am sure some C# guru will say even mine is sloppy, but wow, this is a total clusterf*ck... They had 8 completely separate operations running as 1 long run-on "else if" operation... Just poorly executed imho.

I mean for real, even Visual Studio and dnSpy won't let me recompile some of this stuff because it detects errors and redundancies. Like you try to save your work, and it's like "no no no," because of something you didn't even touch! Then you have to find out what they screwed up and fix that, which makes you wonder how they were able to even export it in the first place without VS making them fix it!

View attachment 465779
I'm not familiar with C#, but shouldn't Illusion's code be replaced with a case (or switch) statement?

Edit: wait, nevermind, case use case statements with boolean values. Still, as bad as the nested if-else statements are, it does generate a different behavior than your code does. I'm wondering if that change might cause unwanted side effects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 87664

If no one does it by time I finish with graphics optimization mod and adding more NPC girl mods, I'll take a crack at it... can't be too hard.

All of this would be much easier if I didn't need to fix all of Illusion Soft's janky-ass code every time I try to export something I modded and VS bitches me out like, "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word."
Thanks mod god! ^.^

• Haha
3.30 star(s) 32 Votes