Dserved

Jun 5, 2017
Hi Guys, I see AI and HS2 share a lot of the same mods. Is there a way to unify them/where the games look so I don't have to have doubles of everything?

Szacun32

Feb 8, 2018
uhm is there a a problem on my side? cause when i download the torrent all in one from f95 or from the official screwthisnoise site package for R9 why its still on R7 when i open initsetting?

Maybe i miss something or it isnt only me
Thanks in advance :)

Dserved

Jun 5, 2017
How is this game compared to Honey Select 2? What is the difference?
Same character creation. Ai has a pseudo game of you surviving on an island, and the girls are walking around the island and have some minor needs.

HS2 is even more just straight up about the sex, you have a room and can click to go to other rooms, where 1 or sometimes 2 girls may be present.

Reactions: alex2011

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
Hey, how do you switch to first person? The buttons from HS2 dont work...

Edit: Found it..

[OPTIONAL] Mods\POVx and activate

Last edited:

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
Similarities:

They're based on the same engine, you can cross-share characters between both for example
H-Scenes are basically the same

Differences:

HS2 is basically "just" a H-Scene selector (albeit a very good one, in my opinion) with a few stats that increase for the involved characters. You're in a "hotel", but all you do is click menus until you reach the desired H-Scene, and no "hub world" or something. There's unlocks and achievements, but this feels like a useless and arbitrary roadblock, not a fun game mechanic. I'd recommend using the 100% save to get around them.

AS is more of a "real game", in that you are stranded on a deserted island, have a girl that walks around there, and do stuff like forage and build a base. H-Scenes happen in the environment, and you can't simply click on the desired place and scene to get what you want. It's a bit of a tedious game what with collecting stuff taking forever, but it's definitely a game.

Edit: Kinda wish HS2 had a "hotel mode" where the place was walkable and the characters were present.

Reactions: Dserved

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hi Guys, I see AI and HS2 share a lot of the same mods. Is there a way to unify them/where the games look so I don't have to have doubles of everything?
They were specifically ported from one to the other. While the two share quite a bit in order to allow player created assets to work in both, they do still have some things that can't be done without modding them the old fashioned way.

The difference is that this is a free roam game with survival elements for the girls. They won't die if you don't stay on them until they can fend for themselves unless you specifically decide to apply a certain mod that makes reaching 0 on a certain stat send them into a permanent exhausted state, meaning they will forever lie in bed or on the ground depending on if you pick them up or not, but they do get sick, they do get exhausted, and you do have to collect things like most other survival games. Time also passes as it does in the real world, whether you make a move or not, and there is a day/night cycle to indicate this.

Honey Select 2 is a menu based game where the only movement is done by selecting rooms in which you may find an event or by calling a girl to the lobby. It has no survival mechanics, it has no free roam, just you and the girls with time only passing as you move between rooms, the only indication of which is that the girls move to other rooms or off the room list entirely.

As for how this game compares, Honey Select 2 is better by a landslide due to some optimization issues that mean the most ANY machine will get is around 20 FPS in this game.

Similarities:

They're based on the same engine, you can cross-share characters between both for example
H-Scenes are basically the same

Differences:

HS2 is basically "just" a H-Scene selector (albeit a very good one, in my opinion) with a few stats that increase for the involved characters. You're in a "hotel", but all you do is click menus until you reach the desired H-Scene, and no "hub world" or something. There's unlocks and achievements, but this feels like a useless and arbitrary roadblock, not a fun game mechanic. I'd recommend using the 100% save to get around them.

AS is more of a "real game", in that you are stranded on a deserted island, have a girl that walks around there, and do stuff like forage and build a base. H-Scenes happen in the environment, and you can't simply click on the desired place and scene to get what you want. It's a bit of a tedious game what with collecting stuff taking forever, but it's definitely a game.

Edit: Kinda wish HS2 had a "hotel mode" where the place was walkable and the characters were present.
As do I, the previews for it did kind of hint at the possibility, then it didn't happen.

Also, adding on to your comment about AS, the girls can also refuse H at any time, unlike any other Illusion game, where any refusal was simply a matter of grinding it out at best, like in Artificial Academy 2, but they can refuse H at stats so high that most other NPCs wouldn't.

Any way to display subtitles in H-Scenes? They're there elsewhere, but not in H-Scenes...
Nope, it was likely planned by the modders who added the ones that are in now, but this game got dropped extremely quickly by the modding community once Honey Select 2 was out and was found to not have the same issues. It just isn't worth completing the mod because Honey Select 2 can allow the player to use the same characters without the lag.

Does anyone know if the anal vibrator's placement is off? I keep getting this:
Is this in the game or the studio? It looks like the studio considering the scenery, in which case you need to rotate it vertically almost 180 degrees, but I thought I would ask just in case.

chabulon

Jul 18, 2018
Hey guys n gals =)

So I want to try out making a simple visual novel based on either AI shoujo or Honey Select 2.
Can anybody tell me which of the 2 repacks have the most assests, mods etc. included?
Or which one hase more stuff to be added.

Would really appreciate it.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Hey guys n gals =)

So I want to try out making a simple visual novel based on either AI shoujo or Honey Select 2.
Can anybody tell me which of the 2 repacks have the most assests, mods etc. included?
Or which one hase more stuff to be added.

Would really appreciate it.
It depends on what you're going for as far as the setting in which the story takes place, AI Shoujo has the better island maps, so it is better for a beach or island setting, but Honey Select 2 has other settings that would be good for something like shower scenes or other indoor scenes. As far as which has the most, that's hard to say. I would say Honey Select 2 is more developed given it has the better development history as far as the game itself, the modding community really dropped AI Shoujo hard when Honey Select 2 came into existence. Not to the point of total stagnation, there's a few modders still sticking to it, which I really have to give props for, but significant enough that most modding between the two goes into Honey Select 2 now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: chabulon

PeterJohn

Jan 2, 2021
I don't know about optimization, but I switch off motion blur and depth of field in DHH and get a very smooth performance.

And I only have a 1060GTX and an i5 CPU

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes