tornasunder

Jun 13, 2017
The AI Shojo repack seems to implement a lot of mods which actually are not designed for the game, and are intended for HS2 instead. I look through the output_log.txt file and it's nothing but a bunch of error messages. Most of these mods work fine for NEOStudioV2 but others do not. I noticed HS2 and AI Shojo are mostly interchangeable, where HS2 character cards can be used in AI Shojo, for example, but these cards may require certain mods. And you can install that mod but sometimes, both the game and the studio won't recognize that the mod is actually installed for whatever reason. I've still received error messages to mods that are missing when I just installed them, so I can only assume it's just incompatible with AI Shojo.

Because of all these error messages in the .txt file, I can't seem to isolate what the issue is with my studio where I am now unable to utilize the search function to find items by keyword. I thought maybe it was a particular mod that I may have installed which broke the search function. But typing in something like "food" doesn't produce any results, even though I can find the items manually so it does exist as an item. But this is an inconvenient method as the entire items menu is completely disorganized thanks to modders not simplifying everything by creating a universal system which accurately categorizes items by a classification, e.g. anything edible goes into one shared, "foods" folder. It also doesn't seem to be an easy task to just do it yourself, like I can with my DAZ3D library and assets.

One modder's folder will have ten subfolders of random junk that you aren't looking for, and then another modder will also have items of the same type where it all could just be condensed into fewer folders to browse through while you manually search for whatever item you need.

I don't think this is impossible, it likely just relies upon modders to agree to the idea and work together. But my items menu is so cluttered with stuff that it's hard to locate anything in specific if I can't use the search function. And it seems to be broken for me.

I also have no idea the point of KKManager. I've checked it a few times for updates, and it's currently installing what looks to be character cards as well as some other mods that I don't even recognize. Is KKManager pulling files from a repository or something? It's extremely slow to update automatically (I have 5 hours worth of updates apparently) so if there's a website it is linked to, I'd prefer to just update the outdated mods manually.

Like, are we supposed to install new mods through KKManager itself or can we just drop them into the mods folder? Because most mods I've installed don't mention KKManager at all. What system creates the best organization of mods which you can easily keep track of? KKManager or just dropping everything into the mods folder?

Mjolnir34

Aug 19, 2018
Alright fellas, please don't flame me, I promise I searched and watched a few vids before asking:

I've downloaded the R11 version from the homepage, do I need to do any updating/run kkmanager?

What exactly are the Map and studio sideloader modpacks?

Do I need to install any of the mods in the mod folder or are they all ready to go once I launch the game?

Are there any useful graphics/a POV mod that are useful?

Any help would be appreciated, lol im a total newb when it comes to modding. Just want to make use of the 50+GBs I just downloaded lol

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
There is a modded option to add more than 4 girls to the map, but how do I do that? Only 3 girl machines can be found on the map.
You can add more girls even before unlocking the 4th pod.
Start the game, load a save, go to options -> plugin settings, search AI_Extra Girls, set the new max number of girls allowed in game in BOTH islands, save the game and exit.
Restart the game and load the last save, go to any pod you have already unlocked, click the control panel and choose "change girl", on the left window scroll down and you can see the free slots now opened (pink marks whit ----), click to any free slot and add a girl.
Be aware that more girls you have in each island, more slow the game became (less fps).

• Red Heart
Reactions: jsmith27x

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Alright fellas, please don't flame me, I promise I searched and watched a few vids before asking:
If you have read few of the posts in this thread you should have all the answers you need already...anyway:

I've downloaded the R11 version from the homepage, do I need to do any updating/run kkmanager?
You need only in the particular case of BR11 to use KKManager and download the 2 hotfixes, nothing else.

What exactly are the Map and studio sideloader modpacks?
A collection of mods ONLY used in studioNeo, totally useless if you don't use studio.

Do I need to install any of the mods in the mod folder or are they all ready to go once I launch the game?
The repack has already installed all mods/plugins you need, in the Optional Mods folder there are some plugins that you could add to the game but that could have compatibility problems whit other plugins.

Are there any useful graphics/a POV mod that are useful?
In the launcher there are 2 optional graphics expansions that can be enabled, DHH and GraphicMod, they are optional and INCOMPATIBLEs whit each other, so enable only one of them. A POV mod is inside The Optional Mods folder (AI_PovX).

Any help would be appreciated, lol im a total newb when it comes to modding. Just want to make use of the 50+GBs I just downloaded lol
Don't worry, most peoples are here for help.

Mjolnir34

Aug 19, 2018
If you have read few of the posts in this thread you should have all the answers you need already...anyway:

You need only in the particular case of BR11 to use KKManager and download the 2 hotfixes, nothing else.

A collection of mods ONLY used in studioNeo, totally useless if you don't use studio.

The repack has already installed all mods/plugins you need, in the Optional Mods folder there are some plugins that you could add to the game but that could have compatibility problems whit other plugins.

In the launcher there are 2 optional graphics expansions that can be enabled, DHH and GraphicMod, they are optional and INCOMPATIBLEs whit each other, so enable only one of them. A POV mod is inside The Optional Mods folder (AI_PovX).

Don't worry, most peoples are here for help.
This was super helpful man, thank you so much! 1 Last question for you if you don't mind. Have you tried the next gen skin textures? Can anyone comment on if theyre worth the install?

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
System requierments for this game ?
I have a Ryzen 5, RX 550 2GB VRAM, 16GB RAM, and though I don't get more than 30 fps and I get some lag and stutters when there's many things to load in the screen (housing objects, girls, etc) I've been playing anyway turning off anisiotropic, vsync, shadow and all these graphics things.
I suppose you have a better computer than me, so I think it should work fine for you

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
I have a Ryzen 5, RX 550 2GB VRAM, 16GB RAM, and though I don't get more than 30 fps and I get some lag and stutters when there's many things to load in the screen (housing objects, girls, etc) I've been playing anyway turning off anisiotropic, vsync, shadow and all these graphics things.
I suppose you have a better computer than me, so I think it should work fine for you
I am impressed that you can run the game whit only 2GB of VRam, even 4GB are not enough for my experience, but it depends from how you optimize the graphic and which compromises you are going to do.
If i recall correctly you have reverted your game to version R6 due to the low performance of the newer repacks, but since the R9.1 (i think) there is a plugin that helps to improve performances a lot (AIMainGameOptimizations).
Are you using it? If not try to install it, my game was almost unplayable before this plugin was released.

Reactions: Arathyum

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
This was super helpful man, thank you so much! 1 Last question for you if you don't mind. Have you tried the next gen skin textures? Can anyone comment on if theyre worth the install?
Care to give more infos about these textures? I would be careful to use any texture beyond 2K, in the repack there are 4k skins and 8k skins already installed, IMHO another way to slow down the game to a crawl.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
I am impressed that you can run the game whit only 2GB of VRam, even 4GB are not enough for my experience, but it depends from how you optimize the graphic and which compromises you are going to do.
If i recall correctly you have reverted your game to version R6 due to the low performance of the newer repacks, but since the R9.1 (i think) there is a plugin that helps to improve performances a lot (AIMainGameOptimizations).
Are you using it? If not try to install it, my game was almost unplayable before this plugin was released.
Oh, didn't know about that, well, I think it's worth trying R9.1 then... thank you for this hint!
And yeah, I could say that I've sacrificed a lot regarding graphics and resolution, etc, I'm playing in 720p (1280x720), and still it's not that much of a real good playing experience, but I'm doing it anyway haha

spookysss

Jun 30, 2020
I download the entire file from GoFile (Thank you btw)

Somehow DOA (Dead or Alive) characters' faces are corrupted. Anyone know the solution?

Beware of scary face.

Screenshot (107).png

Last edited:

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Hey everybody, sorry for the nooby af question but I couldn't find the answer I'm willing using the search, well:

How do you proper install new character cards in this game? I mean, I know there is the chara->female folder, and inside that one there are some files and in my case (better repack 9.1 version) there are a few other folders with some images in it, so, all I gotta do is copy images within these folders to the 'root' chara->female folder? Because I've done that but it doesn't load it all in the game and gave me a few 'mod missing' errors...
Any help?

Godsrnuts

Jan 29, 2018
i'm having some problems with the uncensor selector, most of them are bugged like this.
Does anyone maybe have any knowledge on how to fix this?

00001.jpg

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
Hey everybody, sorry for the nooby af question but I couldn't find the answer I'm willing using the search, well:

How do you proper install new character cards in this game? I mean, I know there is the chara->female folder, and inside that one there are some files and in my case (better repack 9.1 version) there are a few other folders with some images in it, so, all I gotta do is copy images within these folders to the 'root' chara->female folder? Because I've done that but it doesn't load it all in the game and gave me a few 'mod missing' errors...
Any help?
Any card you have inside the Chara\Female or Chara\Male folders can be loaded in the game, the subfolders are there only for better organisation.
If any card inside these 2 folders use a missing/outdated/different version of a mod you get the error message "missing mod detected" when loading the game.
The message doesn't mean necessarily that the mod is missing: load the problematic card and reapply the clothes/accessories whatewer aren't showing in the maker, there are chances that the mods have a different version but can be used nonetheless.
If the mod is a custom face....you are most likely screwed.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Any card you have inside the Chara\Female or Chara\Male folders can be loaded in the game, the subfolders are there only for better organisation.
If any card inside these 2 folders use a missing/outdated/different version of a mod you get the error message "missing mod detected" when loading the game.
The message doesn't mean necessarily that the mod is missing: load the problematic card and reapply the clothes/accessories whatewer aren't showing in the maker, there are chances that the mods have a different version but can be used nonetheless.
If the mod is a custom face....you are most likely screwed.
Thanks, yeah, I'm trying to load it with the 'change girl' option in the data machine thing, but some of the cards I've copied into the folder does not appear, so I have to select 'change girl appearance' instead and load it within the maker, is that it?

Justinof

Sep 19, 2019
No. Change Girl Appearance can be used only to the girls already in the game. If you can't load a card into the maker and you can't even see it probably you have copied an invalid .png file. This file format store data regarding the characters beyond the image that you see.

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes