Lumasterx

Dec 14, 2022
So I have got a different type of problem here on my steam deck this game opens normally and plays normally but except the starting test like game start, options etc everything is in Japanese, I have redownloaded everything except optional but still the problem persist.
I have changed the language to English using initsettings.exe but it says the selected language is not found in your installation, using Google translate.

Last edited:

Yurka

Nov 24, 2017
When i have a old Repack like R9 do i just use the update function in the Initsetting exe or do i need to manual download things to get up to date?

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
I know this game is an unoptimized mess but is it normal that it is this bad? I don't quite hit recommended specs (gpu has 3 gb only) but I'm playing with minimum graphics and it still becomes unplayable in certain areas; don't even get me started on rain+night.

Is there a chance the mods already installed are exacerbating the issue? I can't believe it runs this bad normally

Jun 26, 2022
When i have a old Repack like R9 do i just use the update function in the Initsetting exe or do i need to manual download things to get up to date?
This updater updates only mods. To get full game update with plugins and tools you need to go and download all update installers till current version and install them in order one after another.
If you have currently R9 then you need download and install in order one after another those 6 files:
Bez nazwy.png
Then you may want to run updater from Initsetting launcher again to make sure that none of mods have been reverted to older version.

I know this game is an unoptimized mess but is it normal that it is this bad? I don't quite hit recommended specs (gpu has 3 gb only) but I'm playing with minimum graphics and it still becomes unplayable in certain areas; don't even get me started on rain+night.

Is there a chance the mods already installed are exacerbating the issue? I can't believe it runs this bad normally
My card has only 1GB but game is running reasonably. I have enabled DHH instead Graphics mod, when I was using Graphics mod enabled it was killing my GPU.

Reactions: Yurka

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
My card has only 1GB but game is running reasonably. I have enabled DHH instead Graphics mod, when I was using Graphics mod enabled it was killing my GPU.
I have tried with DHH deactivated and minimum graphics and it still runs terrible... There's really no reason why it should run this bad on my machine
Graphics mod is too much yeah but I should be able to do it with at least lowest graphics settings

Jun 26, 2022
I have tried with DHH deactivated and minimum graphics and it still runs terrible... There's really no reason why it should run this bad on my machine
Graphics mod is too much yeah but I should be able to do it with at least lowest graphics settings
I think you got it the opposite way, that's what I recommend:
Bez nazwy.png
Those two are alternatives to each other and GraphicsMod is much heavyer than DHH.

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
I think you got it the opposite way, that's what I recommend:
View attachment 2443788
Those two are alternatives to each other and GraphicsMod is much heavyer than DHH.
No no I got it, at first I tried GraphicsMod and it was too much (weirdly it got extremely stuttery when looking at the ground)

Then I went out, deactivated GraphicsMod and tried DHH; works better but still terribly choppy and in some areas totally unplayable

Then I tried with neither, lowest settings, and it still runs terrible and unplayable

I'm trying reinstalling the whole thing and trying again

Jun 26, 2022
Then maybe you have too many of the heavy mods or you added too many girls using mod (more than 4).
My PC is definitely not the fastest and I'm running both windows and game from HDD drives but still game is playable although in places with many trees it is stuttering.

Reactions: KolossalDicc

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
Then maybe you have too many of the heavy mods or you added too many girls using mod (more than 4).
My PC is definitely not the fastest and I'm running both windows and game from HDD drives but still game is playable although in places with many trees it is stuttering.
I only had the main character and the starting girl; I couldn't really get that far with the performance issues. Also the girl and the guy I used didn't use any mod items if that helps

I'm running the game from an SSD too...

When you say "heavy mods" which do you mean? I'm just using the mods that come with the repack, I didn't add any of my own. If there are some mods that are too intensive I'll gladly take them out but combing each one will take too much time

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
Ok so I did a bunch of tests with both the updated Repack version and a vanillified version of the game and realized a few things:

The vanilla version runs better than the repack version even with higher graphical settings so there must be some mods really impacting performance; guess I need to find out which ones.

The game runs like ass, even in the vanilla version, if you use the "play game in fullscreen" option in the InitSetting.exe launcher. Never use that option and just use the modded graphics mod to get fullscreen or borderless windowed

The game takes a shit when looking at the ground, regardless of how many items and foliage is present; it doesn't matter if there's a lot of shadows or reflections or anything. It just craps out. I have no idea why but if someone can figure out why it happens and how to offset it with some graphical settings that would be awesome

Also if anyone already knows which mods might cause the most performance issues please let me know so I can try the game without them faster instead of combing through each one

Reactions: LegmaMonissimo
Jun 26, 2022
The game runs like ass, even in the vanilla version, if you use the "play game in fullscreen" option in the InitSetting.exe launcher. Never use that option and just use the modded graphics mod to get fullscreen or borderless windowed
Interesting, from what you write it is rather your game should run faster than mine as you have better hardware but you have problems and my is running ok.
I do actually play with "play game in fullscreen" option and my game is running rather well. Maybe the screen resolution is the key, take a look at my settings.
Bez nazwy.png

When you say "heavy mods" which do you mean?
It's hard to make a list of the heavy ones.
The thing is that sideloader creator made in his tutorial a statement that mods should have listings in their info subfolder in form of .csv files rather than in .unity3d files because those in .unity3d can't be streamed from mod directly and whole must be loaded into ram instead, that actually should be in your log file.
Most mods actually apply to this advice but some of rather old ones or converted into zipmod from hardcoded files are those more problematic.
Although I don't think that would be your problem as you have 3GB GPU card (comparing with my 1GB), unless you have really small amount of general RAM (I have 16GB).

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
I do actually play with "play game in fullscreen" option and my game is running rather well. Maybe the screen resolution is the key, take a look at my settings.
I will try out different resolutions but the thing is that still with both a vanilla and a fully modded version with the same exact resolution and graphics settings the vanilla version still runs miles better
I'll definitely try out different settings and resolutions again if I can't pin point which mod is causing the issues

Although I don't think that would be your problem as you have 3GB GPU card (comparing with my 1GB), unless you have really small amount of general RAM (I have 16GB).
I do have 16 GB of RAM too, that's why I'm so confused. By all accounts I should be able to run this game decently and the vanilla version proves I can... there must be something weird going on here.

I tried without mods but with plugins still on and it runs like crap; then I tried without plugins and there it goes back to "vanilla" performance. It must be plugin related but removing plugins without forgetting dependencies and stuff is a massive headache. I'm slowly trying to work it out

Jun 26, 2022
I tried without mods but with plugins still on and it runs like crap; then I tried without plugins and there it goes back to "vanilla" performance. It must be plugin related but removing plugins without forgetting dependencies and stuff is a massive headache. I'm slowly trying to work it out
The easiest way is to use KKManager and disabling/enabling them on plugins tab.

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
The easiest way is to use KKManager and disabling/enabling them on plugins tab.
Yeah that's what I'm doing now but it's still really difficult to understand which ones are specifically causing the issues
Sometimes disabling one makes the game run perfectly... then it makes no difference at all! I'm going mad

Jun 26, 2022
Perhaps there's something wrong with your pc, not long ago I had a faulty ssd drive that caused random freezes of whole pc and it took me about half a year to diagnose it's his fault.

KolossalDicc

Sep 1, 2018
Perhaps there's something wrong with your pc, not long ago I had a faulty ssd drive that caused random freezes of whole pc and it took me about half a year to diagnose it's his fault.
Well every single other game I play works perfectly well, except this one
I tried even two different ssd drives

Also my GPU usage goes always to 100% with the game which doesn't happen with many many others... I think it's just simply terribly optmizied

Last edited:

pepplez

Jun 7, 2020
Well every single other game I play works perfectly well, except this one
I tried even two different ssd drives

Also my GPU usage goes always to 100% with the game which doesn't happen with many many others... I think it's just simply terribly optmizied
To be honest the game itself is not really impressive. You farm materials, bugs and whatever, trade them at the merchant and build your house and stuff eventually. The girls act stupid, dialogue is flat and these "chips" change their behavior only slightly. Some are just annoying. Just play the vanilla version and when you reach the island, the game is effectively over. There is only one huge area where you can build your house. Many game developers for VN's use the studio to create their scenes, many mods have been made for that as well and that's probably the main reason why it's so popular.

Reactions: AmaLikeBass
3.40 star(s) 33 Votes