Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I hate being right in this case but there is like no chance for it to release today. It will be half of miracle if we will get update today with how much delay there will be.
I have huge problem with how they handle it , you provide date you keep the date or you give update within that time. Meanwhile for them couple days delay is not even worth mentioning, date go up and there is no info nothing, maybe in two days they give update.
I'm a patreon myself and I completely agree, I would rather have them set a date(like today) and then be 110% sure they can deliver. Like it should be out in the afternoon, not 00:00 some weird time zone to give them 6 hours extra.
I do expect them to deliver when they give themself a new deadline with 14 days extra to work with.
(I am however very skeptical). We will have to wait and see, I do belive in the team :p

noctred

Nov 25, 2017
Give dates you're sure you can meet or don't give dates at all. If you give a date you think you can meet but then it starts looking like you won't be able to, let your customers know in advance, not the day of expected release.

It really is that simple.

Reactions: Zellemate

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019
Just because a different game is worse doesn't make their point any less true, this is a pretty shitty argument.
Maybe it doesn't, but this is still annoying that some people can get away with everything and some need to always stand on their toes. These devs are already scraping by and doing their best, there is no need for someone to nag them for ETAs. If there is a person with enough energy to do that, they should invest them in the proper place. I understand though, if you nag about sleaziness of SummertimeSaga dev you get banned since he is in "friendly" terms with management of the site so no one is willing to go there and speak truth haha. In this regard I am mistaken indeed.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Maybe it doesn't, but this is still annoying that some people can get away with everything and some need to always stand on their toes. These devs are already scraping by and doing their best, there is no need for someone to nag them for ETAs. If there is a person with enough energy to do that, they should invest them in the proper place. I understand though, if you nag about sleaziness of SummertimeSaga dev you get banned since he is in "friendly" terms with management of the site so no one is willing to go there and speak truth haha. In this regard I am mistaken indeed.
You are wrong about our intentions or at least mine. I never asked them about ETA and i forgive them all delays. But i'm not blind and i can see there they are lacking and i will talk about it hoping they can improve. Especially when something is this easy to "fix".
In case of SummertimeSaga i just couldn't care less how it is doing so whats the point in suggesting anything there?

Well things don't look too bad, it won't be out on 13th but they are pushing it forward. So hopefully tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not_A_Horse

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Guys, chill. Everyone is doing what we do every patch. Complain for whatever time they delay the patch for and then be grateful it's out. Can't hate them for being the "glass half full" type of team. Has it occurred to you they might not be trying to deceive us but instead they're remaining positive and actually believe they can release the patch earlier than they can? Not everyone is "out to get you".

If you want updates then you can pay 1$ and get them on their Discord because they are constantly keeping us patrons updated. It's not like they disappear and keep us in the dark for days. If you can't afford 1$ to give them a piece of your mind then we don't want to read it either because if your opinion isn't worth 1$ to you, it certainly isn't to us.

I just want to leave the following here and let it sink in:

Give dates you're sure you can meet or don't give dates at all.
But it is such a simple thing to keep people updated

noctred

Nov 25, 2017

I'm a $10 patron. The announcement that the release would not make it today was posted one hour ago. If you're going to quote me, you should quote the more relevant portion of my post -

noctred said:
If you give a date you think you can meet but then it starts looking like you won't be able to, let your customers know in advance, not the day of expected release.

ShabbyCrabby

Sep 17, 2017
I'm a $10 patron. The announcement that the release would not make it today was posted one hour ago. If you're going to quote me, you should quote the more relevant portion of my post -
I have got used to the release not being on the day that they say, it has happened every time since i joined in 2017.

Have they said when its going to release if they have said not today/tonight?

Reactions: mazariah

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I have got used to the release not being on the day that they say, it has happened every time since i joined in 2017.

Have they said when its going to release if they have said not today/tonight?
To my understanding Starke received the last CG(CG's) today. So hes doing all the wording for it. Of cause he kind of knew what to write, but I think there is a little more to it then that. And getting the CG at this late hour, same day as the release date...not easy being him.
My guess is tomorrow if we are lucky, I thing it needs some testing before he can release it. And he have a slow internet line, 1,5GB, last time it took him around 2-3 hours to upload.
So yeah there is that.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017

noctred said:
Give dates you're sure you can meet or don't give dates at all.
Terix3 said:
But it is such a simple thing to keep people updated
What the... those are not conflicting statements let alone you removed all context. Its like if you would quote one person saying "yes" and the other "no" with that picture.
I wouldn't say they keep everyone updated on discord, Starke only said how its going after cellemate asked. Giz i dont wanna go bashing on them but please don't sprout nonsense.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
What the... those are not conflicting statements let alone you removed all context. Its like if you would quote one person saying "yes" and the other "no" with that picture.
I wouldn't say they keep everyone updated on discord, Starke only said how its going after cellemate asked. Giz i dont wanna go bashing on them but please don't sprout nonsense.
I apologize. I didn't intend it as a misquote or target you individually or bash you. I just used you guys as an example which was illustrated by the picture that followed which is an allusion to the saying "can't play greeks and trojans". Not everyone feels the same and some of us would rather have a bad prediction, than no prediction.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I hope they release update today... :(
No word since yesterday, Starke is on it for sure. But right now we all know he will still have to upload it when its finished.(+3 hours) and also write some big patreon message for patch notes and what not. And we are not even there yet.
I would put my money on tomorrow instead.... if we are lucky however maybe tonight/late night.

BESTForuse

May 14, 2018
No word since yesterday, Starke is on it for sure. But right now we all know he will still have to upload it when its finished.(+3 hours) and also write some big patreon message for patch notes and what not. And we are not even there yet.
I would put my money on tomorrow instead.... if we are lucky however maybe tonight/late night.
Thanks!!

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Last update from discord:

grifforToday at 6:17 PM
Is it close?

StarkeToday at 6:50 PM
We're close but NGL. The week long of sleep deprivation and this heat aren't helping right now.

nhat4242

Mar 17, 2018
Last update from discord:

grifforToday at 6:17 PM
Is it close?

StarkeToday at 6:50 PM
We're close but NGL. The week long of sleep deprivation and this heat aren't helping right now.
So maybe they will next week ? , about Monday huh

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Yeah sorry but it seems the delay will be somewhat much bigger.
Starke says he wants to split this patch up in two, since there are so many bugs, and he is working on it alone.
He sadly have sent Issac on vacation so he is not there to help.
I would now expect Monday(mentioned by Starke himself) for the first half of the patch.... and then an extra patch 7/10 days down the road for the rest of the Melvin scenes(4).

4.10 star(s) 88 Votes