rouge_g

Jul 1, 2017
The problem is, that they didn't just have to make new CG like in a usual update, but also standing pictures, maps etc. I think that's why the update is fairly small content wise.
I get that, but for the buildup and the dev talking up this update since this past summer, I was expecting something more complete. While a side-story with planned updates, conceptually this first update comes across as a half chapter in a side-story that will likely have 3 chapters. Even on twitter the dev is promising twice the content for next year with the background work done. Given the lead time that was made for this update, delivering half a chapter and promising to make up for it next year implies a necessary level of damage control for what was delivered.

I mean, it says right in the patch notes that it's going to be a multi-update quest. It was always made clear that this was going to take a couple of years to complete.
I read the patch notes before too, and I understand this side-story will take 3 Halloween's to complete. My argument, as stated above, is this update is more a half chapter in a side-story that will be 3 chapters in length. It's an incomplete arc of a 3 arc story when you only have 3 episodes (updates) to deliver with. The background work is the justification for the reduced content/story, but then what about the large lead time taken behind the scenes to make this update? The past few updates were okay, and the dev hinted that part of the issue was the work being done on the Halloween side-story.

I dunno, I just think the ball was dropped along the way somewhere and that the real update that will meet the hype for this side-story is next years. Which kind of feeds into the problem with Patreon funded games, this one being no exception.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Can someone post a diagram of the labirint of the green field ??
and such crap had to wait 2 months ??????
No one's forcing you to play it!!!!!!!!!

I get that, but for the buildup and the dev talking up this update since this past summer, I was expecting something more complete. While a side-story with planned updates, conceptually this first update comes across as a half chapter in a side-story that will likely have 3 chapters. Even on twitter the dev is promising twice the content for next year with the background work done. Given the lead time that was made for this update, delivering half a chapter and promising to make up for it next year implies a necessary level of damage control for what was delivered.
Alternatively they had to use the design team for other content such as busts and their Steam page just like they explained.

You're clearly overthinking this. They're not doing damage control and the patch size was not a surprise, that's just the way they do things and that's the way they always did things. Do the assets first and then focus on dishing out content. That's what they did with their map , scripts, story, etc.

You're one of the few people that thinks this patch was bad/underwhelming. People voted to have it created, vast majority won. Almost everyone who played it liked it aside from the teleport room. Don't take the idiot above as an example because he's asking for a diagram that is shown in game, or do if that's what you want to use as a term of comparison for your taste.

I just checked the picture folder to count them and there's 23 new busts. Unlike what you may think, these do not take 5 minutes to create.

<snip> but then what about the large lead time taken behind the scenes to make this update? The past few updates were okay, and the dev hinted that part of the issue was the work being done on the Halloween side-story.

I dunno, I just think the ball was dropped along the way somewhere and that the real update that will meet the hype for this side-story is next years. Which kind of feeds into the problem with Patreon funded games, this one being no exception.
What lead, mate? What problem with Patreon funded games? Last update had 18 hentai scenes. 18 hentai scenes in two months is not "okay". It's more than many games that take a year to make have in general. It's more than most completed games coming out lately on DLSite have, most of which with far less quality. It's sadly about as many scenes as Zombie's Retreat has and I have followed that game for over a year.

I just think you're not considering the workload or putting things in perspective. Yes, we all wanted more scenes, obviously.

No, we're not surprised by the size of the patch.

Last edited:

ReMeDy

Mar 27, 2018
And the April fools patch will say, "Just kidding. Here's the full game." Then it's another Halloween patch.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I am having a bout of BAH HUMBUG and it is only the third of December but i have been having this bout of BAH HUMBUG for weeks. I hate seasonal patches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Ok then...
I'll be back :cool: in 2022
with the 2020 "year patch" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

BADUMS* :rolleyes::cautious:
They are 1 month behind schedule "kind of", and hopefully they should catch that up after their current change to the Christmas patch. So exaggerating things won't really help. BUUUT Pretty sure however if you subscribe to them on patreon and if enough other people did the same, that would help! They actually have a 3rd artist ready which should bring either more CG´s per patch, or faster patches. Your move :sneaky: !

Last edited:

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
Well, that patch schedule implies that nothing happends to delay it. And something bad happened months ago, so they got 2 weeks delay for that event. Nowadays they have kind of 1 month delay, and they postponed the Christmas patch for that reason, so they can get the game released as planned and the first scenes revamped for a possible Steam release. They always deliver, and they always get patrons informed about the developing ( and to be honest, Starke is the kind of guy that usually listen to his patrons, just look the text window transparency, which is something that came from some people asking for it on discord).

You can like this patch or not, but imho the work behind it is not questionable.

Could someone please post a complete save for the last version?

Thanks.
You don't need it. If you want to unlock every scene just go to the gallery (click on the sparkling clock in the 1st floor of the house) and use the npc in the bottom-left corner to unlock all. A save with all scenes done is pretty useless cause at this stage of the game you can just get two repetable scenes and some mostly finished routes.

Reactions: JasDoc
Aug 28, 2018
would a "+1" be allowed so I can see what this amazing game will show me next? lol
Are you talking about spoilers? If yes, there are none out yet.
Edit:
Literally posted a few minutes after i said that.

1575964999138.png 1575965064039.png
Thats a massive improvement.
I didnt remember the old art was looking that bad tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: konan215

shadelol

Aug 15, 2017
If this cant get shared no worries, but do we know how many scenes are getting a rework? or until what point in the story, since the art was getting better in a progressive way so no idea where they will do the cut.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
There's more leaked today. Masturbation scene was also improved and seems to have tanned alternatives now which the old one didn't.

If this cant get shared no worries, but do we know how many scenes are getting a rework? or until what point in the story, since the art was getting better in a progressive way so no idea where they will do the cut.
All the improvements will be mostly in the early game. This was said by the dev himself:

I didn't specify because there's no set number
There's about... I don't know the exact number but I'd say about 15 scenes I'd like remake
Some due to plot or mechanical issues that need to be changed. Others because I simply don't like the older ones.
The number of scenes we are going to remake is as many as we can.
I guess the answer is as many as they can before the 20th.

4.10 star(s) 88 Votes