Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Wasn't the new version supposed to release today? I don't see it on the patreon.
True - It was supposed to come out today(Friday), but there where some minor stuff missing and also a few bugs. Starke don't want to release it with errors if he can avoid it - Should drop Saturday or Sunday instead!

Just remember - The team changed releases to "no deadlines" meaning patches will come out in smaller versions and more often - 'When they are ready'. So just because Starke mention a day, does not mean its set in stone - It's an expected day the patch should drop, nothing more then that.

Last edited:

blitzxs

May 28, 2018
If it's possible, in the gallery area, can the player select the option to see the dialogue before the sex scene. The dirty talk before the sex scene can really make it that much hotter. For example, in Mevlin's route Ayame surprised him with her lingerie and the ensuing tease really amped up the sex scene. Unfortunately for me, I overwrote the save file and I have to make another new game to see it and the route preceding that is super long.

Reactions: KingsRaiden

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
If it's possible, in the gallery area, can the player select the option to see the dialogue before the sex scene. The dirty talk before the sex scene can really make it that much hotter. For example, in Mevlin's route Ayame surprised him with her lingerie and the ensuing tease really amped up the sex scene. Unfortunately for me, I overwrote the save file and I have to make another new game to see it and the route preceding that is super long.
So yeah this is something I have talked to Starke about before, and should properly be there for all scenes in the gallery IMHO. This should go under #suggestions channel on our discord - So I put it there just now and also send him a small message.

However, this is not just something you do quickly, it can take a lot of time to implement a feature like that. And frankly I don't think there is time for that at the moment... not to mention not even sure if Starke wants something like that - Anyway lets see what he thinks about it!
I have attached a video here which show my suggestion(which is from another game).

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Zellemate What will come in the new update?
I only ask so i can Congratulate you with your 1000th messages here on F95. ;) :p
:LOL: thx - It's the rest of the free-roam scenes that did not make it into the last patch!
'photoshoot with cosplay' scenes - I saw 2 scenes here, but to my understanding another should come?​
'train molester' scene - 4some with train molester and "friends"​
'Hole in the wall continued' scene with variations - 2 types depending if you liked it or not the first time, and a repeat version.​
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All these scenes above are really long with a lot og dialogue and small details like facial expressions and variation in them - I think they are amazing! - Perhaps more is coming then what I mentioned(not sure).
Need to wait for Starke to release it with changelog!

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Latex224

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
:LOL: thx - It's the rest of the free-roam scenes that did not make it into the last patch!
'Hole in the wall continued' scene with variations - 2 types depending if you liked it or not the first time, and a repeat version.​
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
'cosplay convention' scenes - I saw 2 scenes here, but to my understanding another should come?​

All these scenes above are really long with a lot og dialogue and small details like facial expressions and variation in them - I think they are amazing! - Perhaps more is coming then what I mentioned(not sure).
Need to wait for Starke to release it with changelog!
Thanks. ;)
Looking forward to see her stuck again :p:LOL:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
So yeah this is something I have talked to Starke about before, and should properly be there for all scenes in the gallery IMHO. This should go under #suggestions channel on our discord - So I put it there just now and also send him a small message.

However, this is not just something you do quickly, it can take a lot of time to implement a feature like that. And frankly I don't think there is time for that at the moment... not to mention not even sure if Starke wants something like that - Anyway lets see what he thinks about it!
I have attached a video here which show my suggestion(which is from another game).
I understand that it takes awhile since most of the conversation leads into the scene, or sets it up, but it would make the scenes that much hotter IMO as well. It's probably more of a stretch item further down the road when more of the DLC is released or done.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
I understand that it takes awhile since most of the conversation leads into the scene, or sets it up, but it would make the scenes that much hotter IMO as well. It's probably more of a stretch item further down the road when more of the DLC is released or done.
So I talked to Starke about this - The issues here is if all scenes have this feature, it makes people jump right into the gallery and just watch the storybit + scene straight away, instead of actually playing the game. Thus making the whole gallery into a VN where people don't play the game.
I think there is a chance Starke will try to find the scenes where this feature make sense in the gallery, and add it - But it will likely not happen for all scenes - And it will properly also happen in the very end of the development cycle.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
'cosplay convention' scenes - I saw 2 scenes here, but to my understanding another should come?
'train molester' scene - 4some with train molester and "friends"​
'Hole in the wall continued' scene with variations - 2 types depending if you liked it or not the first time, and a repeat version​
It's not cosplay convention, that's Mai Shiranui. The scenes this patch is Chun Li (photoshoot), not the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zellemate

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
So I talked to Starke about this - The issues here is if all scenes have this feature, it makes people jump right into the gallery and just watch the storybit + scene straight away, instead of actually playing the game. Thus making the whole gallery into a VN where people don't play the game.
I think there is a chance Starke will try to find the scenes where this feature make sense in the gallery, and add it - But it will likely not happen for all scenes - And it will properly also happen in the very end of the development cycle.
Well that should be players choice really. I don't know how much work it would be to add "extended" scenes to gallery (don't replace existing versions add it as another option to scene selection : Play normal , Play extended , cancel ) but miss use by some players shouldn't stop you from improving the gallery.

As for the concern - maybe for steam version hide the cheat dude till player finishes the game at least once.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Well that should be players choice really. I don't know how much work it would be to add "extended" scenes to gallery (don't replace existing versions add it as another option to scene selection : Play normal , Play extended , cancel ) but miss use by some players shouldn't stop you from improving the gallery.

As for the concern - maybe for steam version hide the cheat dude till player finishes the game at least once.
Here's a nice read for you:

TL;DR: "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

Designer choice. Your laziness is your own issue, deal with it.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Oh I understand that, but you also get the people asking for the 100% save just for that same purpose. People will get there in some form, it's a matter of how. What this shows is that the writing for this is half the leadup and adds to the atmosphere of the scenes. How Ayame gets herself into these situations with her choices is part of the steaminess and this shows it.

Being in software not all design choices are optimal, and some only benefit a few. So even having a few of the choice scenes would be better than nothing.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Just saw there is a new update 1.04b
Anything new in this patch or just minor bug fix?
All the rest of free-roam scenes that was missing from last patch:
· Hole in wall continuation(3 variations)
· Photoshoot continuation(2 scenes)
· Train molester continuation(1 scene)
New Jukebox with all the songs
Bugfixes

Reactions: Jansen

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Here's a nice read for you:

TL;DR: "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

Designer choice. Your laziness is your own issue, deal with it.
Ehem maybe you should stop trying to defend devs decision on every turn and actually read what i'm suggesting? Because i wish for nothing more then the game get better when it potentially can without costing more. (smth fan shouldn't be short for fanatic)

As for the citation i fundamentally agree but it is just one angle. Civ being the example - the main goal of the game is optimization aka finding the best strategy. Obviously then any glitch or loop hole that allows player to become super strong is detrimental to the experience - if you know the best strategy the aspect of improving is gone and all is left is execution.
However in case of RPG like games it is quite different as players are more into the experience then optimization. A good example i feel is travel / transportation in open world games. Most of them if not all offer player some form of fast travel. Obviously That is the most optimized way of travel right ? But then some players refuse to use it and developers acknowledge that and offer them other means of traveling - like giving them horse or prepare immersive ways of fast traveling - carriages trains etc.

So back to FI, is gallery detrimental to player experience ? for some yes, there is certainly good amount of people that refuse to play the game and only enjoy the gallery. Some of them would play the game if there was none so:
1) Is not having a gallery an option?
Well then you anger the rest that will still refuse to play the game . Now how about players that play the game and then enjoy gallery ? They certainly could prepare themselves saves for scenes they like to revisit but then that is a) a chore to know which save is for what scene b) saves get often broken between patches. (past 1.0 they are supposed to be working but we get warned " use them at your own risk, bugs might occur from using old saves ). No, gallery is pretty much a must.
2) So then would adding "extended" scenes to gallery mean fewer players play the game?
I think those that don't want to play the game already don't play it and only watch gallery, so it will not have such impact. Meanwhile those that only watch gallery and those just want to revisit the scenes would certainly benefit from extended scenes. Again as long it is not too much trouble to add them.

TL;DR: Let players chose how they want to enjoy the game.

Reactions: dragonmaster4
4.10 star(s) 85 Votes