Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Heh, this makes me chuckle. Good thing the main game is still alt+enter friendly cause I'd need to play with binoculars or something. Please tell me you guys are moving to a different engine for your next project? It's ironic that the best devs in the biz work with the worst tech in the biz.
It's a 'bit' complicated and not a easy task to just change engine like that - The main thing here is the loss of time it will take to actually change engine and get everything converted over to a new engine.
Time loss could mean potential content/scenes not coming out according to schedule - Which patreons are typical not happy with.

However the team is considering it - And we will have to wait and see what the future brings.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
It's a 'bit' complicated and not a easy task to just change engine like that - The main thing here is the loss of time it will take to actually change engine and get everything converted over to a new engine.
Time loss could mean potential content/scenes not coming out according to schedule - Which patreons are typical not happy with.

However the team is considering it - And we will have to wait and see what the future brings.
Just to be super clear, the biggest negative with the game for me is the tiny resolution, which when I mentioned it on the discord when I was still a patreon, was a result of "we're kinda stuck with it now". Totally understandable for a project that's so far along, but imo it would be downright silly not to address this for a new project.

So I laugh at RPGM, but if I can buy your next game and it's crystal clear and sharp on my screen, I won't care what engine it's on.

Unless you guys still work on 800x600 CRTs? I know the refresh rates are great, but still... ;)

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Just to be super clear, the biggest negative with the game for me is the tiny resolution, which when I mentioned it on the discord when I was still a patreon, was a result of "we're kinda stuck with it now". Totally understandable for a project that's so far along, but imo it would be downright silly not to address this for a new project.

So I laugh at RPGM, but if I can buy your next game and it's crystal clear and sharp on my screen, I won't care what engine it's on.

Unless you guys still work on 800x600 CRTs? I know the refresh rates are great, but still... ;)
Well this is one of the reasons Fleeting Iris IF was launched (available via our homepage) The plan was to test the teams screen resolution script inside RPGmaker VX ACE.
- The first plan was to release it in 1280x720 - But since its a custom script there was problems. It was tested on a laptop and did not fit the screen.
- Next plan is what Fleeting Iris IF is now 960x736 - This is to make sure everybody can watch it since the screen size locks and you cannot go fullscreen.

However there have been multiple issues with this script and I think the team have realized it - Which is why Starke and Issac is considering a more modern engine - Like Unity or RPGmaker MV or similar.
We will have to wait and see - And there will be updates on this in the future.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
Well this is one of the reasons Fleeting Iris IF was launched (available via our homepage) The plan was to test the teams screen resolution script inside RPGmaker VX ACE.
- The first plan was to release it in 1280x720 - But since its a custom script there was problems. It was tested on a laptop and did not fit the screen.
- Next plan is what Fleeting Iris IF is now 960x736 - This is to make sure everybody can watch it since the screen size locks and you cannot go fullscreen.

However there have been multiple issues with this script and I think the team have realized it - Which is why Starke and Issac is considering a more modern engine - Like Unity or RPGmaker MV or similar.
We will have to wait and see - And there will be updates on this in the future.
It's nice that the team is aware of this, hopefully a solution that works for everyone can be reached.

Unfortunately the IF dlc just crashes on startup (despite trying the fixes on the site) so I can't say much on it. That said, 736 is roughly half of my screen height (1440) so maybe it's a blessing in disguise I can't play it. It sounded like it'll be included with 1.06? I guess I could just alt+enter that, right?

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
It's nice that the team is aware of this, hopefully a solution that works for everyone can be reached.

Unfortunately the IF dlc just crashes on startup (despite trying the fixes on the site) so I can't say much on it. That said, 736 is roughly half of my screen height (1440) so maybe it's a blessing in disguise I can't play it. It sounded like it'll be included with 1.06? I guess I could just alt+enter that, right?
Its a standalone - It "is 1.06" - All 3rd party screen programs can make it crash, make sure those are disabled.
Its clearly much sharper then the original artwork from FI, could it be even better? sure! but the team picked this ress so everybody can play.
And no you can't "alt+enter", its locked.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
Its a standalone - It "is 1.06" - All 3rd party screen programs can make it crash, make sure those are disabled.
Its clearly much sharper then the original artwork - and no you can't "alt+enter", its locked.
Oh, my bad, I thought it'd be incorporated into the main game later on.

Well, guess I'll run it in a virtual machine then. Since you're so hellbent on not letting me go fullscreen that's the only workaround I can think of :D. That way I also won't need to worry about which 3rd party app causes the crash since there won't be any 3rd party apps.

Reactions: Zellemate

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Is there any news about release date 1.07 ?
Too early for that also they avoid giving release date.
But last patch took 6 weeks and was released mid march. Applying that and knowing they like to release on Fridays my bet is June 4th.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Too early for that also they avoid giving release date.
But last patch took 6 weeks and was released mid march. Applying that and knowing they like to release on Fridays my bet is June 4th.
It hasn't been announced yet but they plan to send it to beta test team tomorrow night, have them test over the weekend and release this Sunday.

Reactions: Zellemate

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
It hasn't been announced yet but they plan to send it to beta test team tomorrow night, have them test over the weekend and release this Sunday.
Really ? We only got previews for 2 scenes .
EDIT: Ok. guess that's what it is, i saw the update now.

Last edited:

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Really ? We only got previews for 2 scenes .
EDIT: Ok. guess that's what it is, i saw the update now.
There are 4 released previews on discord - They are all for the massage parlor event(s).
Starke have a few more but they are not completely ready yet.

That said this update is really heavy on QoL features & bug fixes.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
There are 4 released previews on discord - They are all for the massage parlor event(s).
Starke have a few more but they are not completely ready yet.

That said this update is really heavy on QoL features & bug fixes.
Yea i guess devs count the CGs not scenes and the late scenes were 2-3 "major" CG per event/scene.
I just was under the impression that parlor will be a small event and bundled with beach.

As for the "behind the scenes" part, it doesn't sound good. Is the suspicion patch still a thing ? Can they add it without breaking stuff?

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Yea i guess devs count the CGs not scenes and the late scenes were 2-3 "major" CG per event/scene.
I just was under the impression that parlor will be a small event and bundled with beach.

As for the "behind the scenes" part, it doesn't sound good. Is the suspicion patch still a thing ? Can they add it without breaking stuff?
I actually don't know how big the massage parlor event will be - But we can make a qualified guess!
- Right now there are 4 different scenes in the previews. I have also seen some extended versions of those + some completely different ones that was not finished yet.
So just taking out from the 4 released on discord I would say it will be more then just "small"! + the extra ones I have seen I would pretty much say not small at all. However story wise I don't know how big they will be - We have to wait and see.
- For the suspicions of Robert, kind of the same answer, we will have to wait and see - I know Starke have a plan for this, other then that I don't know and have not asked "sorry".

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
@Zellemate
A bit offtopic and dont know how active you are on steam, but do you plan to add steam achievements to the game?
Heaven Studios have just about 0 activity on steam - That's why there is a publisher(Kagura Games) involved.
Right now there is no plans for achievements via steam - That said I can't rule out it wont come later or in some other form.

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
@Zellemate
A bit offtopic and dont know how active you are on steam, but do you plan to add steam achievements to the game?
As far as i know, Kagura Patch breaks Steam achievements, sadly. And the SFW version they made... i don't really wanna speak about it. So Steam achievements are almost useless... i think only Makina has them ( from Kagura Games).

Personæ

Apr 8, 2020
Can someone help me: the game crash immediately after I enter Santo's 7/11. I can't continue on because of that.

Last edited:

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
Can someone help me: the game crash immediately after I enter Santo's 7/11. I can't continue on because of that.
Make sure not to use:
Old saves, Android port, Compressed version, Teleportation ring.

Except that send me a save and ill have a look!

Personæ

Apr 8, 2020
Make sure not to use:
Old saves, Android port, Compressed version, Teleportation ring.

Except that send me a save and ill have a look!
Yeah i'm not using neither of those. Also, I've just realised that my game crashes when I enter any of the 7/11, not just Santo's.

Here's my save file. Thanks!

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 88 Votes