SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
You really do need to add a tag for male and multiple protags though because it's misleading.
There is one protagonist, and her name is right there in the title. Just because you switch to a different POV for a quick hop does not make that character the protagonist. It just means that you're watching the same story (with the same original protagonist) from a different angle for a brief time. If the game isn't your thing, don't play it. I don't like scat or futa, but I don't feel the need to post on every game here with scat or futa about how that disgusts me because my kinks or desires are irrelevant to the people who enjoy that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
View attachment 328855
There is one protagonist, and her name is right there in the title. Just because you switch to a different POV for a quick hop does not make that character the protagonist. It just means that you're watching the same story (with the same original protagonist) from a different angle for a brief time. If the game isn't your thing, don't play it. I don't like scat or futa, but I don't feel the need to post on every game here with scat or futa about how that disgusts me because my kinks or desires are irrelevant to the people who enjoy that.
You switch to a different character and make choices with that character that makes them a protag whether you like it or not.

Playing as an old guy and making choices is not playing as a female.

It is a multiple protag game and needs tagging as such.

I'd already said I wouldn't be playing it again before your moronic post.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
SenPC is actually right. Playing for a short time as an another character doesn't make him a protag. It's just a POV switch (which is quite awesome imo). But I get your standpoint even tho I disagree.
It doesn't matter how you word it.

Switching to a male character is not playing as a female protagonist so it needs tagging for multiple protags.

I don't care how many mental hoops you lot want to jump through, an old bloke is not a female protag and as long as you are changing characters and making decisions through them then it's multiple protags.

There are 2 of us in this thread that stopped playing due to having to play as a bloke in a female protag tagged game. The general rule of the internet is "you are never the only one" so how many others saw female protag, downloaded the game, got stuck making decisions for a creepy old bastard and deleted it.

It will be a lot more than 2 of us.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017

Switching to a male character is not playing as a female protagonist so it needs tagging for multiple protags.

I don't care how many mental hoops you lot want to jump through, an old bloke is not a female protag and as long as you are changing characters and making decisions through them then it's multiple protags.

There are 2 of us in this thread that stopped playing due to having to play as a bloke in a female protag tagged game. The general rule of the internet is "you are never the only one" so how many others saw female protag, downloaded the game, got stuck making decisions for a creepy old bastard and deleted it.

Nyah, it's not a mental hoop but a proper use of a given term. Shitload of real Visual Novels have POV change. You're simply wrong and I see no point in arguing about that. Agression is pointless, just chill and move to another one that fits your taste.

Wet & Wild Production

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2019
no update this month i presume?
Yes, next release will be in july!

I work day and night to get it out as soon as possible, but the content for v0.09 is very complex and time consuming to make (especially for my weak hardware:cry:).
The good news is, it's the biggest update I've done so far. Some scenes have more than 100 images, which doubles the content of the largest scene from v0.06.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
View attachment 328855

Nyah, it's not a mental hoop but a proper use of a given term. Shitload of real Visual Novels have POV change. You're simply wrong and I see no point in arguing about that. Agression is pointless, just chill and move to another one that fits your taste.
Technically, you're all three right. It depends on the definition of protagonist you're using. SenPC is using the original, traditional definition (what we originally got from Greek playwrights). However, common usage since then is exactly how Avaron is using it. In my opinion, both uses are "correct".

That said, I can see where Avaron is coming from: Here she's searching specifically for lesbian content and sees "female protagonist" in the tags. She thinks she's found a game that will follow Alenja exclusively (or at least the great majority of the time) and is disappointed when Yorik has his flashback scene where choices are his choices, not a female character's. I don't fault her in the slightest for being disappointed or even a little upset.

I do think "misleading" is a bit strong, since technically "female protagonist" does still apply, albeit in a definition Avaron wasn't using. English is stupid in this way, because a simple text tag doesn't reveal how a particular term is being used. While I personally probably would have assumed this meant the primary character of the game — allowing for occasional flashbacks, etc. — that doesn't mean everyone sees the word and takes away the same understanding.

Wet & Wild Production, perhaps a small update to the description (or a warning line below it) might prove helpful. Maybe something along the lines of this could work:
While this game does have a female protagonist, occasional perspective shifts in the story will involve other characters,
including both males and females. These scene shifts will usually include the need to make choices, even though the
player will not be controlling the primary character at the time.

That could clarify things, regardless of any individual's personal use of the term protagonist.

Last edited:

HPZAT

Mar 9, 2018
What's wrong with this: "My first game of hopefully many more, is called „Alenja‘s Adventures“ where you take on the role of different characters to progress through the story. " Or reading two first posts...

Wet & Wild Production

Game Developer
Mar 2, 2019
Technically, you're all three right. It depends on the definition of protagonist you're using. SenPC is using the original, traditional definition (what we originally got from Greek playwrights). However, common usage since then is exactly how Avaron is using it. In my opinion, both uses are "correct".

That said, I can see where Avaron is coming from: Here she's searching specifically for lesbian content and sees "female protagonist" in the tags. She thinks she's found a game that will follow Alenja exclusively (or at least the great majority of the time) and is disappointed when Yorik has his flashback scene where choices are his choices, not a female character's. I don't fault her in the slightest for being disappointed or even a little upset.

I do think "misleading" is a bit strong, since technically "female protagonist" does still apply, albeit in a definition Avaron wasn't using. English is stupid in this way, because a simple text tag doesn't reveal how a particular term is being used. While I personally probably would have assumed this meant the primary character of the game — allowing for occasional flashbacks, etc. — that doesn't mean everyone sees the word and takes away the same understanding.

Wet & Wild Production, perhaps a small update to the description (or a warning line below it) might prove helpful. Maybe something along the lines of this could work:
While this game does have a female protagonist, occasional perspective shifts in the story will involve other characters,
including both males and females. These scene shifts will usually including the need to make choices, even though the
player will not be controlling the primary character at the time.

That could clarify things, regardless of any individual's personal use of the term protagonist.
Well, I think HPZAT's statement is everything someone needs to know (before playing the game). Don't you think? ;)

Sidenote:
If someone have missed it (one the first page): At the very beginning, I had 'female protag' AND 'male protag' tagged to my game, but the male one got people confused, so I deleted this one.
If this is still confusing for some people, maybe I will add the 'multi-protag', as well.

What's wrong with this: "My first game of hopefully many more, is called „Alenja‘s Adventures“ where you take on the role of different characters to progress through the story. " Or reading two first posts...
Thank you very much my friend, for pointing this out! You clearly took the words right out of my mouth(y)

Amazing game ... love those female warriors, all of them(y)(y)(y)
Welcome on board, mate! I'm very pleased to see you like the game and its characters so much :)

Even though you love every female warrior, is there still someone who might be your Favorite?
I'm just curios that you love everyone equally :unsure:

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 60 Votes