WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I really like Pto's games, they are almost all pleasurable/enjoyable!

Alexandra isn't my cup of tea, i don't like to play a character with anger issues/dark themed backgrounds etc.
I can't like everything and Ptolemy cannot make games for everyone. That is absolutly OK.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Hi

Things are going quite well here.

In terms of Alexandra, we're passed the 150 renders mark. So, we're well on our way.

Also prepared the first animation for her. Well, technically the massage parlor animation from the previous version was the first. But this is the first from the new version. And since we're making using the renpy code rather than having to mess around with video editors it will be much higher resolution than the previous animations I've made.

A lot of the image quality in previous animations I've made was pretty poor. That's due to the massive compression I had to use to make the video size small enough for the game. With the new method that will no longer be an issue.

That's about it. Talk to you again soon.

Best regards

Ptolemy

Kavin76

Aug 3, 2018
Has anyone figured out what's going on with the android version that's showing this error message when you start the game up? And is there a way to fix it? Really want to try this one out. Screenshot_2018-11-04-21-04-31.png

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Has anyone figured out what's going on with the android version that's showing this error message when you start the game up? And is there a way to fix it? Really want to try this one out. View attachment 173361
It looks like the video formats don't work on Android.
There's a that looks to be dealing with the same exception. I haven't looked in depth but it could be useful for whoever is making the port.

Kavin76

Aug 3, 2018
It looks like the video formats don't work on Android.
There's a that looks to be dealing with the same exception. I haven't looked in depth but it could be useful for whoever is making the port.
Ok, thank you. Was just wondering, since it's on the OP as a download, and it doesn't seem to be working, at least for me. Hopefully it'll get looked at, and fixed, if indeed that is the problem.

albul

Jun 8, 2017
This game has beautiful renders and a story with potential. The rework of the game structure also improved the flow of the game. But the weakest part of the game/story is what was the initial draw for me, the MC. He is such a passive spectator to everything and has the personality of wooden board, he basically does nothing to contribute to most of the scenes because Alexandra is the forbidden fruit that he can't touch. It's such an ingrate position, it's really irritating.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, well, i may give this game another shot some months later to check if things improved.

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
There's really not much to do to catch up to where you were now it's a pure VN. Just skip text for a couple of minutes and whiz through it, no grinding or anything necessary.
I just liked the "open world" and that it was not just a VN. The story itself and the pictures are good too. But an adult game is not really that. I think it's a pity that it is now a pure VN.

Reactions: UncleVT

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
do not get me wrong. But 90% of the VN is not good. Are no real games for me. Either you can make decisions that make little difference. or you will be raped and forced as a MC. I love games as it was Big Brother, of which there are far too few. on the level of this kind of pictures. I also do not like hentai games. This development is a big step backwards. I even think that the developer has to give the money back to the donors. The donated from the time of the Open World.

U

User_365148

do not get me wrong. But 90% of the VN is not good. Are no real games for me. Either you can make decisions that make little difference. or you will be raped and forced as a MC. I love games as it was Big Brother, of which there are far too few. on the level of this kind of pictures. I also do not like hentai games. This development is a big step backwards. I even think that the developer has to give the money back to the donors. The donated from the time of the Open World.
Lol
You do realize that there was a poll on his patreon. And the people that actually support him, voted for a VN.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Well if you don`t like such kind of games why the heck are you playin´ them?!?? Just don`t play them and you won`t have to complain .... or even better: create your own perfect game which suits you ...

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Well if you don`t like such kind of games why the heck are you playin´ them?!?? Just don`t play them and you won`t have to complain .... or even better: create your own perfect game which suits you ...
Good puppy. :)
You have no idea how much I'd like to say this to many of the "haters" on other threads, lol. Although their response would surely be along the lines of: their "entitlement" to say whatever the hell they want, when and where they want. If you're that severely displeased with a project.... Ignore it... There's a vast number of "games" on this site, and most likely something for anyone. :confused:

I want to make my own VN, but the funds for assets and a new computer for renders is beyond reach in the short term. :'(

Oh right... On subject... I really like this VN and the MC along with his unflinching loyalty and anger issues. :)

U

User_365148

Good puppy. :)
You have no idea how much I'd like to say this to many of the "haters" on other threads, lol. Although their response would surely be along the lines of: their "entitlement" to say whatever the hell they want, when and where they want. If you're that severely displeased with a project.... Ignore it... There's a vast number of "games" on this site, and most likely something for anyone. :confused:

I want to make my own VN, but the funds for assets and a new computer for renders is beyond reach in the short term. :'(

Oh right... On subject... I really like this VN and the MC along with his unflinching loyalty and anger issues. :)

He has all the assets in the world, and plenty of rendering power. I know.
Not saying he'll say yes, but it never hurts to try.

Reactions: Enyos

quietkiller

Oct 18, 2018
debating stuff like this might be fine. personaly i appreciate ptolemy and his projects tho. this game included. and i am here for more than trying to impress ppl with my own take on what could i do better. oppinion are free and in big numbers they come of as spam and ads that get u annoyed when u see them crampled up in ur mailbox. thats why i am agreeing on dissmising comments like this is a major step down or major step up or anything that u are trying to show off as ur own achievment, when in fact u should do a "thank you" or "no, thank you".
anyways thats it my oppinion and just to add if u ever played dana or follow ptolemy's work u should be aware that this man knows how to tickle imagination and he may be one of the best when it comes to tying out loose ends in a story.
have fun

Firecracker001

Donor
Jan 2, 2018
Complain and say opinion are two different things. If you had read everything, you know. I do not play this game anymore. And if a developer, in my view, puts in the sand. I say that too. whether you like it or not. I do not care. and if I could develop games myself, I would even do that. but I miss the knowledge. I'm sorry if free opinions are incomprehensible to you on this planet. the donors pay the developer the life, so one may also say his opinion. Otherwise I can buy better finished games better. costs 60 euros and that was it ....

Reactions: UncleVT

quietkiller

Oct 18, 2018
no need to be rude. i bet ur not a fan of alphas and testing environments either.

i would sugges looking up games with [final] or [completed] tags

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
There's a category on this forum for asset releases where you can grab plenty of assets to "borrow", and even the most potato of rigs seems to be okay at rendering. If you're patient enough to wait for them that is lol. Just be careful not to burn out your card.
I've been looking at it myself. I'm more from an artsy background (3D modeling and digital painting in photoshop) so I'm having a tougher time with narrative and figuring out how to get the kind of gameplay I want out of RenPy than I'd hoped and it's slowing me down. If I ended up stuck with making a straight VN I'd probably appear to make very little progress due to letting branching go wild.

As far as Alexandra goes though, I feel there's potential here. The rework has made the story feel a little clunky and weak but I'd expect that could be due to the gameplay changing and it just needs a bit of polish. I'm also not concerned about the MC being a nutjob, I wouldn't be surprised if the plot takes a weird turn due to the almost premonition like sequences, Alex's calming effect on the MC when he goes into rage mode, and the almost similarly rage mode primed lesbian love rival/eventual side conquest being similarly drawn to Alex. I swear if a fairy or demon shows up I wouldn't be surprised at all. Not that I want that to happen, I just wouldn't be too surprised. There just feels like something weird is on the horizon.

3.90 star(s) 130 Votes