Patrick6918

Jul 19, 2017
Once again nothing and nothing a story without ....prologue from Dana Hahahahaha! there is no character in this prologue 400 Mb for nothing it will be worth to wait 100 TB to have a scene ......

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Dude, you're hopeless...

IRL = In Real Life (because letters matter).

IR = Intimate Relations, the other game Ptolemy makes.
Ah ok i think that refers to Intimate Relations, a very good game but missed in favour of DoD

bigbant76

Oct 6, 2017
i don't know if the plot is original or not but i kinda liked it
but the MC's apartment is weirdly similar to that of D on DMD don't you think?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
There are only so many Daz 3D assets to work with so some overlap is to be expected

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
There are only so many Daz 3D assets to work with so some overlap is to be expected
I quite like that - "Ohh it's the <insert asset> from <insert game>". Adds another dimension for me at least. For instance Alex's face reminded me of Ashley from MoTH. On another level seeing other Ptolemy characters turn up in different games, all good fun.

Comments - looks good, but I have to agree with other posters - Dan would have warned MC at the very least when he sent him for the tools - "Alex is Mr Boris' daughter, she hot as hell but even thinking about touching will get your hands cut off." Along the same lines when helping her off the flowerbed would strangers act like this? I hope there is more to the rage than just a red mist that on Alex can break through as it's not a particularly new idea. Finally I question the character of MC - kill, run away, kill, run away and as an after thought go back to check on Mr Boris.
Guess I'm conflicted, it looks good, the story could have potential, but there are signs that MC could turn out to be an unrelatable character, even a turn off and there are a few things that could break the immersion, for me at least.

azertymat

Oct 29, 2017
I quite like that - "Ohh it's the <insert asset> from <insert game>". Adds another dimension for me at least. For instance Alex's face reminded me of Ashley from MoTH. On another level seeing other Ptolemy characters turn up in different games, all good fun.

Comments - looks good, but I have to agree with other posters - Dan would have warned MC at the very least when he sent him for the tools - "Alex is Mr Boris' daughter, she hot as hell but even thinking about touching will get your hands cut off." Along the same lines when helping her off the flowerbed would strangers act like this? I hope there is more to the rage than just a red mist that on Alex can break through as it's not a particularly new idea. Finally I question the character of MC - kill, run away, kill, run away and as an after thought go back to check on Mr Boris.
Guess I'm conflicted, it looks good, the story could have potential, but there are signs that MC could turn out to be an unrelatable character, even a turn off and there are a few things that could break the immersion, for me at least.
MoTH? :biggrin:

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
This is where you run into a creators ability or inability to create their own assets... If an artist is truly dedicated to their craft, they will go above and beyond to add and/or create original material to include in their work/s... This means the backdrops as well as the characters... Otherwise it will just appear more copy cat in nature, that or it will always feel amateur in presentation... A true artist shines above others, by putting in the time and effort to make a true masterpiece...

Reactions: Phil52 and kiteares

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
There are also tons of opportunity for an artist in the 3d field to make a living off of just devs requests for assets.

Londo_Mollari

Respected User
Donor
Sep 7, 2017
Dev announced an update ... but I wonder: for which game? :coldsweat:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Progress update
Patrons only
Feb 6 at 12:41am
Hi

To not ramble for long. The patch will be posted on Wednesday.

It's mostly done. All the renders are done, 151 to be exact. I've just finished with the dialogue, one hour ago. The code is done.

All that's left are the animations. Now the frames for them are done. But from frame to a workable animation that's small enough in size to be usable there's still a way to go.

It's been a while since Katya, and I forgot how time consuming they are. And with my new work schedule, it's not as easy as it used to be to find that time.

Still, it will be uploaded on Wednesday.

That's it for now

As always, I'm very grateful for your support

Ptolemy

Reactions: Hadgar and ponyguy

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Game has a lot of potential,
As a name for the game , the conflict , Power struggle , choices , Love vs Hate , Love triumphs , the handyman:eek:penedeyewink:,
Alexandra's love, Her heart, The struggle, Power over happiness, Power or happiness, struggle for love, fighting for love, When love calls the heart, (that one sounds like a hallmark movie:closedtongue:) Project 13, Project love, Controlling Madness, Love conquers all, Two paths. That's some of my ideas for titles,
Some of these might be taken already. I am new to this adult game concept.

I have a few plot ideas for games also if anyone is interested.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Game has a lot of potential,
As a name for the game , the conflict , Power struggle , choices , Love vs Hate , Love triumphs , the handyman:eek:penedeyewink:,
Alexandra's love, Her heart, The struggle, Power over happiness, Power or happiness, struggle for love, fighting for love, When love calls the heart, (that one sounds like a hallmark movie:closedtongue:) Project 13, Project love, Controlling Madness, Love conquers all, Two paths. That's some of my ideas for titles,
Some of these might be taken already. I am new to this adult game concept.

I have a few plot ideas for games also if anyone is interested.
A lot of folks can come up with general plot ideas... Best thing to do is sit down and work out a complete story outline from beginning to end, and all the various side paths... Then offer those up for folks...

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the feedback
A lot of folks can come up with general plot ideas... Best thing to do is sit down and work out a complete story outline from beginning to end, and all the various side paths... Then offer those up for folks...
Thanks for the feedback, coming up with a complete story and side paths is going to be difficult. but I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback, coming up with a complete story and side paths is going to be difficult. but I'll give it a shot.
Doesn't have to include all the exact story details, as all the meat can be put onto the bone at a later date... Doing a outline just shows direction and basic concepts during story progression... Things like visuals, filler dialogue/monologue, and other details can be worked on as the project develops... That way you have a road map, without being super detailed... Of course road maps can be adapted later, but to have a general path to follow is the basis for working on long term projects...

People come up with basic story concepts all the time, so the market is saturated with them... But having a basic outline, shows more creativity and more information, that is very useful during core development... Nit picky details can be worked on as the project develops and/or takes shape... An outline can even help an author develop most of the story prior to beginning full development, which is even better...

Winging it is typically not a very good way of developing a visual novel/game... Too much room for continuity issues, slows down development, and can lead to poor production...

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't have to include all the exact story details, as all the meat can be put onto the bone at a later date... Doing a outline just shows direction and basic concepts during story progression... Things like visuals, filler dialogue/monologue, and other details can be worked on as the project develops... That way you have a road map, without being super detailed... Of course road maps can be adapted later, but to have a general path to follow is the basis for working on long term projects...

People come up with basic story concepts all the time, so the market is saturated with them... But having a basic outline, shows more creativity and more information, that is very useful during core development... Nit picky details can be worked on as the project develops and/or takes shape... An outline can even help an author develop most of the story prior to beginning full development, which is even better...

Winging it is typically not a very good way of developing a visual novel/game... Too much room for continuity issues, slows down development, and can lead to poor production...
Thanks for the input, I have been looking at websites that explain the process of writing. thanks again.

Reactions: Zippity

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Well, we will officially begin production of this game in March. Still working on a name though..

3.90 star(s) 130 Votes