Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
So, I've been a mod on SJ's Discord for quite a long time and I stopped doing that about half a year ago maybe? As such I've defended the whole thing back then. What I can say that he is talented and he actually did his best at the start. But the more money he earned and the more he saw others getting away with doing less work the more he himself decided to do less.
This basically spiraled out of control. He told me how he didn't feel like working. How he was just lazing around doing nothing. In fact, most of the updates he released were done in about 3-4 days (this is the actualy work, I have no idea how much time he spent planning and sketching, but at most add a day or two maybe). As for the debugging? There is none. I did that sometimes early on. The game runs? It's debugged. All that said, he really has 0 experience in coding. He'd rather give up on the feature than to actually make it.
Well, I saw the whole thing coming, so I left and blocked him. I have no idea what he did during these months. Or even what's going on with him. I just dropped by the thread to see how things are going, because at the end of the day I really liked the game. But as I see nothing changed. And probably nothing will if he doesn't get a wake-up call.

thrz

Jul 5, 2018
Been a patron for a while. Development started to show some more warning signs as it continued. He talked about his 2nd game and in one of his posts he talked about another non-H indie game he was making. A lot of the content he did make moved further away from the gameplay loop and just implemented a bunch of discord patron ideas. I kept getting this nagging feeling that the game didn't really have much of a roadmap or vision.

I really hope the guy gets back on track. Seeing the game art and animation improve was pretty exciting and I want to see the game grow, but the radio silence on all fronts pretty much ended my desire to ever give money to the guy until things change.

Reactions: Boldano

Mr bow

Dec 7, 2020
So, I've been a mod on SJ's Discord for quite a long time and I stopped doing that about half a year ago maybe? As such I've defended the whole thing back then. What I can say that he is talented and he actually did his best at the start. But the more money he earned and the more he saw others getting away with doing less work the more he himself decided to do less.
This basically spiraled out of control. He told me how he didn't feel like working. How he was just lazing around doing nothing. In fact, most of the updates he released were done in about 3-4 days (this is the actualy work, I have no idea how much time he spent planning and sketching, but at most add a day or two maybe). As for the debugging? There is none. I did that sometimes early on. The game runs? It's debugged. All that said, he really has 0 experience in coding. He'd rather give up on the feature than to actually make it.
Well, I saw the whole thing coming, so I left and blocked him. I have no idea what he did during these months. Or even what's going on with him. I just dropped by the thread to see how things are going, because at the end of the day I really liked the game. But as I see nothing changed. And probably nothing will if he doesn't get a wake-up call.
He getting money should be a motivation to work harder. Seeing others get way with working less desn't mean its a good thing.
Those people will never make a game that will shine more than others.
This game seemed nothing too special from just the images, Playing the game is where it shines.
He did say he worked alone right? I understand if he wants a break but slaking off is not one of em.
What he is doing is opening the door to failure.

Reactions: Nubatron

pipboy

Sep 19, 2017
thanks for the insight, that is what I have guessed as well. Unfortunately current channel admins keep protecting him although they (sometimes indirectly) admit that they have no actual communication with him at all. So he is apparently ghosting everyone, and probably no real progress is made in the game. i didn't cancel my pledge on time for april but i think patrons should stop giving him the money now. such a shame, he was the first creator that I ever pledged on patreon because I thought he deserved it a lot and he was doing such a good job with the art.

Reactions: Nubatron
Sep 29, 2017
What are you guys talking about???
He's gonna release an update this month, or the next if not! Now stop being so sad, it is just FIVE DOLLARS A MONTH!

:KEK:

Besides, like I said, 0.4.1 was released stable on 4/1! It totally isn't abandoned and certainly doesn't need an abandoned tag!

thrz

Jul 5, 2018
Minor quibble, but access to the stable build costs at least 10 buckaroos per month lol.

Sep 29, 2017
lol tbh it's really feeling like this View attachment 1127498
You must be new here. There are a ton of people who "learn to code" their first game. They throw it up on patreon. They post it around. They get all them gamer / horny bux. They release content once a month or maybe even more to justify the people giving money, and try to promote game a bit more.

Then when it has been a bit more than 6 months or a year, they'll stop posting.

Patreon will continue charging all the supporters for the patreon, and they'll have free money.

There are a ton of abandoned games here. There are even more abandoned games on patreon. Don't expect any patreon game to get 'finished' so you can be happy if they do and not surprised if it is just to milk money out of the tit of patreon 'geniuses'

it isn't the first. won't be the last (The dev also lurks here and was antagonized to post an update a couple months ago, so do not be surprised to see a post soon since this thread is blowing up now :KEK: )

thrz

Jul 5, 2018
You must be new here. There are a ton of people who "learn to code" their first game. They throw it up on patreon. They post it around. They get all them gamer / horny bux. They release content once a month or maybe even more to justify the people giving money, and try to promote game a bit more.

Then when it has been a bit more than 6 months or a year, they'll stop posting.

Patreon will continue charging all the supporters for the patreon, and they'll have free money.

There are a ton of abandoned games here. There are even more abandoned games on patreon. Don't expect any patreon game to get 'finished' so you can be happy if they do and not surprised if it is just to milk money out of the tit of patreon 'geniuses'

it isn't the first. won't be the last (The dev also lurks here and was antagonized to post an update a couple months ago, so do not be surprised to see a post soon since this thread is blowing up now :KEK: )
Nah, I've been lurking around the forum for about 2 years-ish. I've seen this pattern for a lot of these games way too many times. I've only posted here because this is pretty much the first game i've supported on a semi-regular basis that is pretty close to just dying, so there's a bit of a personal connection there (to my wallet). Anyway, I've stopped supporting before april rolled around, just because the stink of abandonment became too strong.

Reactions: ibuk111

Ricewind19901

Feb 12, 2020
Do you have some way to prove your credentials? Being a mod on someone's Discord doesn't automatically mean you would know the rest of the story.

Not trying to defend OP by the way; I just really do not like to take things on face-value

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dani_iturry

kakaju

Mar 21, 2019
I edited her lust, relation, and chastity points in the save but it doesn't change in game does anyone know why

Nubatron

Mar 25, 2018
Do you have some way to prove your credentials? Being a mod on someone's Discord doesn't automatically mean you would know the rest of the story.

Not trying to defend OP by the way; I just really do not like to take things on face-value
I have no way of proving what I have said about this. I've had no intention initially of exposing any of this. I thought he had some goodwill. In fact, I'm sure he has, but he is extremely lazy. I checked to see if anything changed. So now that I'm more removed from the whole thing, decided to say these.
As I said, I blocked him. What I didn't say is that I closed the DMs. This means I can't really give you quotes or screenshots. Unless you can tell me a way to recover those talks. What I can prove is that I was indeed there for a long time if you really want. I hope that at least should prove my credibility somewhat. Though I think some of my pins and messages should still be around pinned all over the place. Unless the new mods replaced those. If you really want to confirm it, then write me a PM here.

All that said: I can at the moment confirm that I've been there for a long time. I can't confirm any of my claims about him.

Floke225

Jul 13, 2019
I have no way of proving what I have said about this. I've had no intention initially of exposing any of this. I thought he had some goodwill. In fact, I'm sure he has, but he is extremely lazy. I checked to see if anything changed. So now that I'm more removed from the whole thing, decided to say these.
As I said, I blocked him. What I didn't say is that I closed the DMs. This means I can't really give you quotes or screenshots. Unless you can tell me a way to recover those talks. What I can prove is that I was indeed there for a long time if you really want. I hope that at least should prove my credibility somewhat. Though I think some of my pins and messages should still be around pinned all over the place. Unless the new mods replaced those. If you really want to confirm it, then write me a PM here.

All that said: I can at the moment confirm that I've been there for a long time. I can't confirm any of my claims about him.
If you really want to see your DM's with him you can ask someone to give you his name and # add him,select message and ur DM should be reopened, then u can cancel ur friend req. Or actually you can just go to your block list and right click him then message

bengamen

Dec 12, 2018
Is there a list of what triggers what? I can't get the second ass in the kitchen showing where she talks about it/I can slap it.
I also can't get her ass in the air at night after I reach the lust level where she takes panties off.

3.30 star(s) 49 Votes