• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
Supporter or not, an honest opinion on the dev, game, and\or his business practices helps both those looking to fined a good game to support, and those looking to avoid being scammed. While on one side you have devs like this that receive a lot of condemnation from both fans and patrons/ex patrons(not canting those over zealous patrons that defend the dev no matter what as if there being personally criticized). On the other side I've seen games grow and get more patrons on this site not just from current patrons but, also just from non paying players that just told what they thought about the game.

The more popular something is the more interest it garners, and while popularity doesn't necessarily equal profit. The more popular something is the more likely it is to garner more profits.

On the "only supporters have a thing to say" let me give an example. Remember the sonic live action movie. Right before releasing the movie the creators showed what sonic looked like, and the vast majority of people said they wouldn't even watch the movie with the way sonic looked. Seeing the feedback the developers delayed the release 3 months to redesign sonic.

from Wikipedia
Sonic the Hedgehog premiered at the Paramount Pictures studio lot on January 25, 2020, and was theatrically released in the United States on February 14, 2020, by . The film set the record for the biggest opening weekend for a in the United States and Canada and grossed $319.7 million worldwide, becoming the , and is the highest-grossing video game film adaptation of all time in North America. The film received mixed reviews from critics, who praised the Sonic character and the performances of Marsden and Carrey but criticized the film for its and a lack of ambition.

Now none of those people were paying costumers yet but, from Seeing there criticism it went from a guarantied multimillion dollar faller to the highest-grossing video game film adaptation of all time in North America.

This may be a pirate site but its users aren't just pirates there are also a lot of patrons, potential patrons, developers, and ex patrons. To say you have to pay to leave negative criticism, who will pay to say hey you messed up and halve the time I see someone say "you aren't a patron be quite" The other side is like "I was a patron xx is whey I no longer am". So I guess your supposed to become a patron again of a developer who betrayed your trust and/or expectations just so you can say a cross word about the developer. What since does that make?

This is a site where we download games (sometimes officially but, more often not) and, discuss said games. It is neither a developer ego stroker nor, a patrons chat room. Of all the people here the one who has the least to say is the patrons. The pirates didn't go to patron to make an account so they could govern how they interact on there "official site" the patrons came to ours. Right now your the gust. If you don't like it leave, just like the developers that came trying to threaten and change site rules in the past. The only rules we have to fallow are the site rules.

Saying that
https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2021-08-01.5589/
General
  1. Be respectful. Opinions are fine, attacks are not
    • This includes trolling/personal attacks/kink-shaming; this applies to both other users as well as creators
We are all free to our opinions but the blatant attacking and shaming of anyone who says anything negative that isn't a patron needs to stop. especially on a pirate site the (pay up to criticizes) makes no since at all.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I wish people could pay me at least $400 monthly while im doing almost nothing. :FacePalm:
Instead the only thing they all say is "Stop being lazy and get a job"
Life's hard lmao
Well you could. Go make a popular game, build a following, and then seemingly disappear. Then if you ever decide to come back just say you had health complications. Rinse and repeat and you'll be on easy street. :4Head:

• Haha
Reactions: God_Batman

God_Batman

Feb 8, 2018
Well you could. Go make a popular game, build a following, and then seemingly disappear. Then if you ever decide to come back just say you had health complications. Rinse and repeat and you'll be on easy street. :4Head:
That's the problem, making a a popular game without any skills of writing, drawing and coding sucks.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
That's the problem, making a a popular game without any skills of writing, drawing and coding sucks.
I mean if you are making a simple visual novel you need little to no skills in coding. It has gotten that easy. As for writing that can take a backseat if you get good art. Just use a generic idea like banging the landlady and go from there. :p As for art well outsource like hurrdurr said.

So just like this or almost every other patreon h-game - outsource artist and voila.
I see potential in you. :WeSmart: You already seem ready to milk those patreon users for all their moneys worth.

• Haha
Reactions: marioman

Grimmiger

May 12, 2018
Ya know, 6 months of pure silence is still better than the major hiatus' of Dr. Bones and several other developers, though they usually gave reasons after a while. Usually shit or vague reasons, but reasons nonetheless.
Still sucks ass, but it'd rather a dev dip (those who continue their pledges on patreons or whatever deserve to have their money taken if they're so inattentive to projects and creators that they support that they don't even check in on them, their progress, or their charges in their banks. Or they're well enough off that they just don't care, which seems to weirdly be common) than milk content forever like with rehashed content, reskinned animations, and watered down "lewd" content with the promise of real lewd stuff for 2-5 years. Which is unfortunately something very common as evident to a ton of games here.

I was still holding out for MyXXXkin for a long time...feels like a life time ago.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
*pokes thread with a stick* so...

just gonna ask, but is it possible the dev died? Last known communication was around August I think? and Oni Koni stopped posting around november 2020... which is when the games development truly died/stopped.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017

just gonna ask, but is it possible the dev died? Last known communication was around August I think? and Oni Koni stopped posting around november 2020... which is when the games development truly died/stopped.
He has always been like that. Even 5 years ago, while developing myxxxkin. Sometimes, he disappeared more than one year and came back as if nothing happened, without an excuse or an explanation and still milking/taking pplz money. Always and forever A DETESTABLE DEV.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
He has always been like that. Even 5 years ago, while developing myxxxkin. Sometimes, he disappeared more than one year and came back as if nothing happened, without an excuse or an explanation and still milking/taking pplz money. Always and forever A DETESTABLE DEV.
Hmm, heard he went dark during Myxxxkin, but didn't know it was for over a year... and I'm going to guess it doesn't have much to do with him living in Ukraine? well... dang... AA is an interesting game as it has so much potential... and I'm a sucker for drawn games... not that I dislike 3d ones, but drawn ones have a charm to them that gets lost due to the... hmm... plastic-like? nature of most of the 3d games here, although there are some absolute gems there too...

either way, a damned shame that this has basically stalled into abandoned status.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Hmm, heard he went dark during Myxxxkin, but didn't know it was for over a year... and I'm going to guess it doesn't have much to do with him living in Ukraine? well... dang... AA is an interesting game as it has so much potential... and I'm a sucker for drawn games... not that I dislike 3d ones, but drawn ones have a charm to them that gets lost due to the... hmm... plastic-like? nature of most of the 3d games here, although there are some absolute gems there too...

either way, a damned shame that this has basically stalled into abandoned status.
He disappeared several times. The last time he did, it was for more than one year, if my memory serves me right and that's when he talked about Alice Awakening creation the first time. I do remember that perfectly because I was following his blog on " blogspot " back then. " mysterful " was also on blogspot at that time. Don't know if you know him. Michael's Family Dev. Google it if you want. Some sites still have the game.

On a side note, I prefer drawn games like myxxxkin if they are well made. In StickJump's case, it was well done, but got too many remakes. The version on this site is not the original one. It totally disappeared. The last place it was available was on his blog which got taken down when he decided to go on patreon.

Internet never forgets ;)

lurker55555

Dec 5, 2019

he did this fucking thing last time so i think its just pure laziness

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but if you go onto the discord it seems like someone has done a bit of work making a fan continuation. Who knows if it will go anywhere though.
the programming language is garbage. Whoever has managed to do that is a saint, but don't expect it to go anywhere.

Hordeking

May 25, 2018
The game honestly had a lot of potential, but stickjump ruined it with tiny updates with 1 new image or half an animation, forcing us to replay the entire game, the truth was obvious that this was going to happen sooner or later, when the base is garbage it stays in the trash..
And not to mention that in 2 years the game did not advance at all . TRASH DEV

3.40 star(s) 50 Votes