Others Abandoned Alice Awakening [v0.4.2 Stable] [StickJump]

3.30 star(s) 49 Votes

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Where would I be scamming people
An opening video saying a sample of what we're doing
And then a whole seperate game
Genuinely feels like subscribestar should be taking action at that
These places won't take action because they profit from it. if it becomes a legal issue, they can just delete the person's page and act as if nothing happens. if Subscribestar or any other platform like them pursued an honest business, you'll see around a 50% or more cut on the creators there. And a 90% cut of h game developers there.

Jun 6, 2023
I'm not sure if your just stupid or naive but yea I posted that, that's not scamming it's fair use. As I stated many times were not just focusing on the old fanbase but also a new one. But that also flew over your heads. I still want you to prove to me that I'm a scammer and Ben keep talking shit, we love you too.

bengamen

Dec 12, 2018
I'm not sure if your just stupid or naive but yea I posted that, that's not scamming it's fair use. As I stated many times were not just focusing on the old fanbase but also a new one. But that also flew over your heads. I still want you to prove to me that I'm a scammer and Ben keep talking shit, we love you too.
It's very much not fair use to market a different game as your own, that's just legit a scam
Your team does not have the programming nor art abilities to make what is shown, so you lifted screenshots from a different product that you did not make

Reactions: hurrdurrderpderp
Jun 6, 2023
It's very much not fair use to market a different game as your own, that's just legit a scam
Your team does not have the programming nor art abilities to make what is shown, so you lifted screenshots from a different product that you did not make
Scam is the wrong word to use here, I agree we never made it, but we never said we did. That's what makes this so dumb. I never once claimed the old game. I only speak of AAR. If you can show some solid proof that I said "Yea man this is our work" then go for it. That video's purpose is one a placeholder and two to show newcomers what the new game will be like. But nice try though.

Out of respect for StickJump I'll still show his work even after the game comes out. Its to show people where our work came from. Until the game comes out, we'll continue to show what stick has done until we can replace them with our own. Which AGAIN. TAKES TIME BEN, WE HAVE NO MONEY, NOR ENOUGH SUPPORT AND LASTLY WERE ALL WORKING ON 35 THINGS AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO PAY.

Maybe that we get to your skull but if not your lost buddy, your not gonna win this argument, none of you will.

Last edited:

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Yeah, it's not a scam. It might be their game page but they just used word "sample" in promotion video, and since it's not specified it's their game's sample it's fair use! A placeholder if you want to put it this way.
Are you implying they're begging for money using someone's work? Because that's would be rude and illegal. And since SubscribeStar account is proof it's 100% legal and Hentaku is not being rude you're out of arguments, buddy.

Just shut up and pay already, we have one million dollar visual novel to look forward to.

Reactions: bengamen

bengamen

Dec 12, 2018
Scam is the wrong word to use here, I agree we never made it, but we never said we did. That's what makes this so dumb. I never once claimed the old game. I only speak of AAR. If you can show some solid proof that I said "Yea man this is our work" then go for it. That video's purpose is one a placeholder and two to show newcomers what the new game will be like. But nice try though.

Out of respect for StickJump I'll still show his work even after the game comes out. Its to show people where our work came from. Until the game comes out, we'll continue to show what stick has done until we can replace them with our own. Which AGAIN. TAKES TIME BEN, WE HAVE NO MONEY, NOR ENOUGH SUPPORT AND LASTLY WERE ALL WORKING ON 35 THINGS AT THE SAME TIME WITH NO PAY.

Maybe that we get to your skull but if not your lost buddy, your not gonna win this argument, none of you will.
You should specifically say in the vid
And in the pictures
That it's not your work and what it will look like

Presenting it as welcome materials with zero context or explanation, is implying that it's shots of what you are working on.

Jun 6, 2023
You should specifically say in the vid
And in the pictures
That it's not your work and what it will look like

Presenting it as welcome materials with zero context or explanation, is implying that it's shots of what you are working on.
I won't lie to you that's actually a fair point. I'll actually take that, but this still doesn't make me a scammer in any shape of form. As you saw in the definition is a person who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme. In the context of everything I've done so far. I've not been dishonest nor did anything fraudulent.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
I won't lie to you that's actually a fair point. I'll actually take that, but this still doesn't make me a scammer in any shape of form. As you saw in the definition is a person who commits fraud or participates in a dishonest scheme. In the context of everything I've done so far. I've not been dishonest nor did anything fraudulent.
Yes and no. If you take down the pictures or indicate clearly that the pictures represent the work that your works are based off of and do not represent the quality/scenes/etc. that will be present in your own product, then as you say it wouldn't be a scam.

However, if you leave them as it is without clear and obvious wording visible to any who visit your page that they are not part of the project you are working on and belong to someone else then that would fall in the category of "False Advertisement" which is indeed considered fraudulent activity and therefore you can be rightfully called to be scamming potential customers.

hurrdurrderpderp

Apr 4, 2020
Screw paying coders, screw paying artists; at this point the best thing you can do is dedicating 80% or more of your donations into PR because just you alone are doing the best job imaginable at murdering this "project".

anthony9915

Mar 25, 2023
Its just hard to get followers when you don't have a demo game out yet with your work added. I am excited to see the game continued thats for sure! But just like every other creator, you won't get any real fan base until a demo game or something is out to show your work. It sucks but gotta invest in your project first before others do. Either way look forward to the first demo! Good luck!

aakantor

May 20, 2024
I've been watching (here and elsewhere) for quite awhile, and only really chiming in every now and then, and frankly the amount of... hate/skepticism towards AA Reborn, is a tad concerning.
We know the following :
Stickjump has ditched the game.
Stickjump gave approval to Hentakugames to do as they wished in regard to AA Reborn.
Ecchisan (who may, or may not be Stickjump) is making a game, which as of now is "Pending"... for however long that will be.
Hentakugames have been overhauling the code and game from scratch, with a whole new story, which apparently lead to the manga so that the team could practice the art style and give everyone a bit of the story. (and If you want to know how long it takes to overhaul old code... dare I point towards Summertime Saga and other games as examples?)
at least Hentakugames has been good about communicating with the fans.

It should be mentioned that they have been showing progress of the game, just not here, but in the new thread :
https://f95zone.to/threads/alice-awakening-reborn-progress.194990/post-13613416

which frankly is more than what Stickjump/Ecchisan has done so far (I listed out what is known about the other game in a earlier post)

so for now, I personally will be hanging around the AA Reborn thread to get latest news on how things are going, I would suggest that people that are actually interested in seeing how things are going (and not bollocking the Reborn devs) unwatch this thread and watch the new thread :

https://f95zone.to/threads/alice-awakening-reborn-progress.194990/
It's not that we hate him or anything like that, it's just that the guy's attitude literally makes him smell like a scam.

The normal thing is that a "novice" creator starts creating his game, gets followers by showing his progress or with a playable alpha, but here it is the other way around the guy has spent months spamming asking for subscriptions to patreon/subscribestar and other places.

He keeps saying that his coders/artists need money...

But before starting a project, isn't this something obvious? It's like opening a company, you can't open it with just the desire and ask investors to invest in your word, you must show with facts that your company is profitable.

You need to invest your money as the main capital for the project, not go around begging other people to invest in your project that is just coming to light.

On the other hand, this guy spends his time spamming looking for money and collaborations with other creators, I wouldn't be surprised if he disappears one of these days with all the money they have given him since he has only shown 1 sketch of a comic and 1 image.

And the worst thing of all is that he is doing this knowing the history of the original creator of this game... it is obvious that everyone will be suspicious of that attitude.

Jun 6, 2023
It's not that we hate him or anything like that, it's just that the guy's attitude literally makes him smell like a scam.

The normal thing is that a "novice" creator starts creating his game, gets followers by showing his progress or with a playable alpha, but here it is the other way around the guy has spent months spamming asking for subscriptions to patreon/subscribestar and other places.

He keeps saying that his coders/artists need money...

But before starting a project, isn't this something obvious? It's like opening a company, you can't open it with just the desire and ask investors to invest in your word, you must show with facts that your company is profitable.

You need to invest your money as the main capital for the project, not go around begging other people to invest in your project that is just coming to light.

On the other hand, this guy spends his time spamming looking for money and collaborations with other creators, I wouldn't be surprised if he disappears one of these days with all the money they have given him since he has only shown 1 sketch of a comic and 1 image.

And the worst thing of all is that he is doing this knowing the history of the original creator of this game... it is obvious that everyone will be suspicious of that attitude.
Well said, don't forget to mention the part that I scammed everyone and took their money and used it to buy me a new house and car too. Anyways more updates soon everyone just keep your eyes open.

Fuku95

Jul 27, 2023
Well said, don't forget to mention the part that I scammed everyone and took their money and used it to buy me a new house and car too. Anyways more updates soon everyone just keep your eyes open.
if you're not a scammer than you could prove that by showing progress. You're just wasting time responding to everyone when that time could be put into the game and deliver said content to prove them wrong.

Reactions: JakeTapper
Jun 6, 2023
if you're not a scammer than you could prove that by showing progress. You're just wasting time responding to everyone when that time could be put into the game and deliver said content to prove them wrong.
But I have, many times it takes time to work on a video game from scratch with only 3 people, and no pay.

Jun 6, 2023
Plus you gotta keep in mind, has anyone actually offered to help? How often do you fellas actually ask questions, Since when did responding to people become signs that the individual is a scammer or a spammer?

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
Plus you gotta keep in mind, has anyone actually offered to help? How often do you fellas actually ask questions, Since when did responding to people become signs that the individual is a scammer or a spammer?
It's not anyone's responsibility to make whatever you want to do, much less pirates out of all people. It's you and your team problem, not strangers.

And I see you much prefer spend your time defending yourself here in this dead thread than spending your time on your project. You'd think you'd learn it's entirely pointless by now and just unwatched this thread so you can move on your project... lol

aakantor

May 20, 2024
I'm not saying it in a bad way... I just think that your attitude is wrong and it makes us all think that.

Take it as advice, reflect, change your attitude and shut up all of us who made bad comments by moving the project forward.

And please stop writing to Yakumo "I'm making a game with the same premise as yours", the truth is I imagine the poor guy saying "Oh this guy again" :LOL:

3.30 star(s) 49 Votes