4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

boned

Dec 3, 2018
I've put together a 'hardmode' mod for AQE primarily for myself but it seems like it is fairly balanced so I'm sharing it here.
NOTE: Only works with AQE version 1.01
Download mod v2.1:
CRC32 : BC823FC7
MD5 : 86D7ECFDA1AB94E3B48089AA508E5571
SHA1 : 6ED672CE10B72C681D6C086E4C8D7B56547265B6
Read the readme.txt for installation info.
Changelog:
v2.1
Added void monster variant:
- Slightly increased HP
- Teleports to Ellen's location 1/2 second in the past
- Reduced physical damage taken
- ~20% chance to spawn

v2.0
Many monsters now will pursue you to your last seen location if you outrun them
Metroid monster grapple is now easier to escape
Monsters can chain mount Ellen while she is downed again
Added volatile monster variant:
- Increased HP
- Explodes on death
- Reduced magic damage taken
- Immune to poison
- 10% chance to spawn
Updated hmmod to v2.1.

Last edited:

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Updated hmmod to v2.1.
i love your mod! i would like to see a monster variant related to mounting, maybe they have longer fast thrusts, or they are faster when ellen's naked? idk but it'd be nice to have a monster variant related to H

Idk_SFM

Mar 21, 2020
Farm some mana potions, obtain the High Jump, Screw Attack and Speed ability, then make a low double jump the closest to its exposed butt-brain as possible to perfom the Screw Attack, use the mana potions to keep the screw attack running, use your spin attack to rapidly stun its claw because when its low on health it tends to do a laser attack that reaches the whole room, also it uses a Void Attack, the black sphere that sucks you in and melts your health, use your speed and super jump to dodge it until it despawns. That's how I beat it, good look pal.
Thanks!

Reactions: MasterBuller

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
Are they srsly just warping right next to me o_O

I'll have to try 2.1 on a new game soon. though I guess 2.2 maybe coming soon?

boned

Dec 3, 2018
Regarding hardmode mod, heat isn't resetting for me after restart making it impossible for me to escape from struggles
This is intended behavior. All runs retain heat, arousal and all other sex stats regardless of if you die or not.
I've put together a 'hardmode' mod for AQE primarily for myself but it seems like it is fairly balanced so I'm sharing it here.
NOTE: Only works with AQE version 1.01
Download
mod v2.2:
CRC32 : ED0A72F6
MD5 : 6AB59A59E31B3108A858184B3E0A6B6F
SHA1 : 8CFE8FBF63721D4FD505132976114FD8A7234133
Read the readme.txt for installation info.

Changelog:
v2.2
Added deterministic random for monster variant spawning:
- Each monster will spawn their variants (randomly) exactly the same for everybody, every run
Added native refresh rate support for monitors >60hz
Fixed a time fraction discard error with grimm's animation code
Updated grimm's animation code to use the proper update method

v2.1
Added void monster variant:
- Slightly increased HP
- Teleports to Ellen's location 1/2 second in the past
- Reduced physical damage taken
- ~20% chance to spawn

v2.0
Many monsters now will pursue you to your last seen location if you outrun them
Metroid monster grapple is now easier to escape
Monsters can chain mount Ellen while she is downed again
Added volatile monster variant:
- Increased HP
- Explodes on death
- Reduced magic damage taken
- Immune to poison
- 10% chance to spawn
Updated hmmod to v2.2. Deterministic random spawning added, >60hz monitor support added. Fixed grimm's animation code which causes attacks and other player animations to play slower or faster if your FPS was not 60hz. This will make the game easier for people who have <60FPS and prevent the game from being easier if you have >60FPS.

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
>60hz monitor support added. Fixed grimm's animation code which causes attacks and other player animations to play slower or faster if your FPS was not 60hz. This will make the game easier for people who have <60FPS and prevent the game from being easier if you have >60FPS.
OMG! You're like a God! I bow to you and your greatness! :love:

edit - thx to this, I may actually be able to upload my gameplay now.

Update - I found a bug, not with the hard mod.
Untitled.jpg

I slid once to get the Hp+ but I went through the wall. Now I can't get back :( Grim has no intention of updating past 1.01 so its up to you if you want to mess with it.

Update - Here we go. Disable your equalizer if you have it on if you care about sound.

edit - since the video was flagged for some reason..... - alt site (what other sites should I upload to?)

My play through on 2.2. I'll upload more up to beating it. No promises.

Its pretty fun. I kept forgetting about the explosion though.

@3:29 that alien has an odd collision hit box.
@6:40 they don't chase properly if they are above or below. They don't warp either.

A suggestion, recover Mp when you walk through the door like you did with stamina so we don't have to wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: 156_163_146_167

boned

Dec 3, 2018
OMG! You're like a God! I bow to you and your greatness! :love:

edit - thx to this, I may actually be able to upload my gameplay now.

Update - I found a bug, not with the hard mod.
View attachment 760654

I slid once to get the Hp+ but I went through the wall. Now I can't get back :( Grim has no intention of updating past 1.01 so its up to you if you want to mess with it.

Update - Here we go. Disable your equalizer if you have it on if you care about sound.

edit - since the video was flagged for some reason..... - alt site (what other sites should I upload to?)

My play through on 2.2. I'll upload more up to beating it. No promises.

Its pretty fun. I kept forgetting about the explosion though.

@3:29 that alien has an odd collision hit box.
@6:40 they don't chase properly if they are above or below. They don't warp either.

A suggestion, recover Mp when you walk through the door like you did with stamina so we don't have to wait.
The very first part up to the first boss and shortly after isn't tuned well. Players don't have enough mana. The three things I'm looking at are reducing spin mana consumption, giving more base mana or letting the user basic attack more often which will give them more mana since I added %MP gain on basic attack a while ago. I'm also working on a new ravager monster variant which will rapidly fuck Ellen until she has ~80% Heat. Monsters following Ellen vertically is kind of tough since grimm didn't use a navmesh for his AI which means it is dumb as fuck so just because she is above or below them doesn't mean the code will know if she can even be reached. We'd risk doing even dumber things without a proper navmesh.

Reactions: tanhinhwhite

haremking1118

Jun 14, 2018
The very first part up to the first boss and shortly after isn't tuned well. Players don't have enough mana. The three things I'm looking at are reducing spin mana consumption, giving more base mana or letting the user basic attack more often which will give them more mana since I added %MP gain on basic attack a while ago.
I suppose if people want more mp, a mp kill reward would work and increase the starting mp potions. I feel there is no need to do anything else imo.

Monsters following Ellen vertically is kind of tough since grimm didn't use a navmesh for his AI which means it is dumb as fuck so just because she is above or below them doesn't mean the code will know if she can even be reached. We'd risk doing even dumber things without a proper navmesh.
Gatcha. learned a little about navmeshes while I was messing with mods for skyrim. I wouldn't worry about it too much since there aren't too many platforms in the game.

I think the idea of giving them teleportation was a good one. The girl turned purple though after I beat the boss and I panicked a bit xD

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
boned I just installed your mod and went to look at the gallery, but the sound effects for sex are missing. This is not the case with the unmodded game.

I don't know how you went about making your mod exactly, but I did find something interesting when trying to make a CE table for it. I managed to find the address for the stamina, and it turns out it's double type instead of the 4byte that the game used for HP and MP. But something more peculiar is when I froze that value, Ellen would lag in her movement like you would see in a multiplayer game with bad connection. Resetting back to a previous spot often. Perhaps I just found the wrong address, though.

boned

Dec 3, 2018
boned I just installed your mod and went to look at the gallery, but the sound effects for sex are missing. This is not the case with the unmodded game.

I don't know how you went about making your mod exactly, but I did find something interesting when trying to make a CE table for it. I managed to find the address for the stamina, and it turns out it's double type instead of the 4byte that the game used for HP and MP. But something more peculiar is when I froze that value, Ellen would lag in her movement like you would see in a multiplayer game with bad connection. Resetting back to a previous spot often. Perhaps I just found the wrong address, though.
Yep sound effects missing is a known bug in the gallery and yes underlying data types are doubles mainly due to IL injection not having an entry for float data types that I'm aware of. It isn't a performance issue and I've taken steps to massively reduce data type conversions where it makes sense. Generally I'm not going to provide almost any interaction for supporting the mod in this thread though since the thread is for AQE and not my mod. I do read the thread and I do usually fix bugs eventually but I probably won't reply to them. I will, however keep posting simple updates when the mod is updated since those pertain to the original game and maybe on rare occasions post about the mod. "If it doesn't make money or make you happy then it isn't worth your time" is my angle so obviously this mod is just what it is.

I suppose if people want more mp, a mp kill reward would work and increase the starting mp potions. I feel there is no need to do anything else imo.

Gatcha. learned a little about navmeshes while I was messing with mods for skyrim. I wouldn't worry about it too much since there aren't too many platforms in the game.

I think the idea of giving them teleportation was a good one. The girl turned purple though after I beat the boss and I panicked a bit xD
It will be interesting to see if there are any peculiarly hard spawn spots for the variant monsters over time since I haven't fully checked out the random seed used for the predictive random. I can always change it, but it is neat knowing that there is a void variant girl immediately after the first boss. That will no doubt cause somebody a problem and they'll have to fight the first boss again. Very dark souls-esque lol! I like it. There is a hack I can add for the void variant AI to still allow them to sometimes chase Ellen up platforms with teleporting. I won't say exactly how it works but we might see it in the next patch. I am going to reduce mana consumption some for early game spin attacks just enough to cut back on some of that early game down time.

Reactions: seva_morozow
4.50 star(s) 114 Votes