4.50 star(s) 116 Votes
D

Deleted member 1954024

I don't think that's necessarily true. Grimhelm has always developed without much of any updates while he does so, and the development times have always been long. Granted, I think that the development time for this particular game is more than his others. And he only made a Patreon because people kept saying he should, and that was after this game was already in progress. So why would a dev that did not care about monetary support suddenly speed up development if he sees the amount of supporters halved? And why would he suddenly update us on the development if he has no history of doing that in the first place?
Allright seems you know more on the history of this dev in this particular mater so yes indeed it wouldn't change much, i suppose. But you never know, he might didn't care about monetary support in the past but now he may suddenly became dependable on it. So we can't know for sure.

So because there is a possibility of this game being abandoned we should not look at his history when it comes to making games? And if you fear so much that the game would be abandoned, you should be ecstatic that he posts updates on Patreon. You don't want the game to be abandoned, but you do want people to not support the game any longer?
Fair enough we should look at his history. But that never guarantees that this time won't be the time he abandons it. You never really know. Look at the developer of milfy city for example. And yes indeed i am ecstatic everytime he posts updates on patreon, but like i said, 2-3 months for a single update outweighs the excitement of a single patreon post. Yes i don't want the game to be abandoned but i am almost damn sure he and tons of other's devs would speed up these ludicrous development times if people started taking action.

And you also have to keep in mind that Patreon is a tip jar, not a store front. You don't go pay someone money there with the expectation to get something in return. That's not what Patreon is meant to be. You pay someone to show your support. You like what they're doing and want them to continue doing it.
I agree it's not like he has made a promise to deliver in said time if he has the said support, and in the end failed. But still i believe that when you get so much support even in a form of tips you own at least an explanation to your loyal tippers about what's going on with the development times that look unnatural. It's common sense. So far as i have seen in his website posts in his older games he only says sorry and continues to take huge amounts of time to update.

In the end if so many people believe that this behaviour should be tipped then so be it, it's their money after all. And i haven't supported him to be in a position to demand anything. All i am saying is that continuing to accept that behaviour is doing nothing but bad things in adult gaming development, with more and more devs milking patreons since it's considered normal.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
Don't even start with the classic ''grimhelm is know for long radio silence but he deliver's'' That's not an apology since there's always the possibility that one of these long radio silences is gonna turn into a real abandoned situation. The first build came out at august 2017! And the content currently looks like it took 1 year at the most, to make.
It could, but that doesn't mean that his behavior is poor.

There is one fundamental difference between Grimhelm and other devs with long development time, Grimhelm actually turned off his Patreon.

This a very important distinction, because it means that despite whatever issue that caused him to develop so slowly he still had enough professional ethics to not milk people for it. And that earns a lot of points in my book.

bloodmane

Dec 6, 2017
Yes indeed but they end up doing what i mentioned, rewarding unprofessional behavior.
unprofessional behavior??? what if this makes him productive? this way of doing things? ever thought of that? his a content creator ffs not a desk worker. also you do know that he does everything alone right? from map design and coding to animation? they arent easy. slow dev time MAKES sense especially if he doesn't work on it 24/7.

edit: also he said it himself that it was hard developing it. that he wants to make a non-action one next time. i think his current project wasnt supposed to be action since he hinted it was difficult to make.

Last edited:

genoration

Nov 4, 2017
Yes indeed but they end up doing what i mentioned, rewarding unprofessional behavior.
You sub to support the creator not buy the game. the support helps the creator but it is never required for you to do said support. Knowing his prior works most of us know his work flow hence why we are ok w/ subbing to his patreon. Past experience. He isnt milking it like some of the VN pricks or w/e. If he knows he can't develop for awhile he'll shut his patreon down again else, he'll continue working on the game. Obviously Grimhelm's work ethic isnt the greatest but its alot harder than stealing 3d models and posing them for a monthly vn update. Everything is finely rigged and animated by hand, it takes t i m e. Waiting is hard but sometimes you just gotta learn how to do it.

Reactions: bloodmane

Draconicle

Aug 20, 2018
Then why did you say "its in youtube"?

I don't think that's necessarily true. Grimhelm has always developed without much of any updates while he does so, and the development times have always been long. Granted, I think that the development time for this particular game is more than his others. And he only made a Patreon because people kept saying he should, and that was after this game was already in progress. So why would a dev that did not care about monetary support suddenly speed up development if he sees the amount of supporters halved? And why would he suddenly update us on the development if he has no history of doing that in the first place?

So because there is a possibility of this game being abandoned we should not look at his history when it comes to making games? And if you fear so much that the game would be abandoned, you should be ecstatic that he posts updates on Patreon. You don't want the game to be abandoned, but you do want people to not support the game any longer?

I don't claim to know much about Grim, but he probably doesn't work on the game full-time. In fact, I'm almost 100% sure that's the case.

I agree that I'd love more communication during the development of the game, yes. but at the same time the Patreon is already an improvement in that regard.

And you also have to keep in mind that Patreon is a tip jar, not a store front. You don't go pay someone money there with the expectation to get something in return. That's not what Patreon is meant to be. You pay someone to show your support. You like what they're doing and want them to continue doing it.
well i found it from youtube n not here

4.50 star(s) 116 Votes