3.70 star(s) 22 Votes

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Great game.
Not a big fan of harems, but apparently this will be one of those games where I would like to see it since all the girls are amazing (especially sweet Mary.)
Possibly I'm weird, but not being a harem, I haven't interest in the MC having sex scenes, except with Mary (the waitress). The only LI that interests me is her, and I would prefer that the MC could avoid all sex scenes with the rest of LIs (and not LIs)

Friendly neighborhood dev here. Releasing a bit earlier than I had planned due to the holidays, so here's Ch2 for anyone interested. Changes include :

You can opt out of minigames entirely. (Requires starting a new game. In fact starting a new game is highly recommended. I'm going to attempt to not make any changes that necessitate this going forward, but for this one it seemed necessary.)

Made a few changes to earlier scenes (Particularly you can opt out of Gaby at the bar now). Re-did some of the earlier images that bugged me.

Added an android release. Largely untested (Bluestacks only) so lmk if there's any issues. As always, check my twitter or patreon for progress and updates - including some upcoming news shortly after the holiday break.

PC Mac Android
I like being able to turn off the minigames when starting a new game (something I already intended to do to avoid the Gaby scene)

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Is there a way to know how many points you have with each LI other than loading a game into an editor and looking at it?

I'm still not sure why the MC has to date Nikki, I'm trying not to give her any points (and I think I'm doing fine, every time I look at it I have less points). I guess if I leave her and Erin with no points (or negatives) I won't have to worry about avoiding their paths. noping123, I am right?

EDIT: In the end I finished the update without points for Erin, with -3 for Nikki and 5 for Mary. The date with Nikki has gone just as I intended.

Last edited:

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I guess if I leave her and Erin with no points (or negatives) I won't have to worry about avoiding their paths. @noping123, I am right?
I'm not really going to answer this because I can't without spoiling stuff, all I'll say is, they are main characters in the story, and can't be "avoided", but their paths can be - and the further along the game you get, the easier that becomes. And no points aren't visible, and won't be. The reason for this isn't that I'm trying to obfuscate or anything, it's just honestly, I can not draw for shit, and designing an interface to properly display it requires some sort of art or design that I just don't want to try and do because it'll look awful. Maybe in the future I could look into something text-based (maybe through the phone interface?) But that seems half-assed to me, so idk if I want to or not.

Anyway, No game breaking bugs, and I don't see anything major that went wrong, so now I'm going to step away, focus on the holidays, and then focus on working on CH3.

Finally - if you enjoy the game, the best way to support is.... well, no. The best way to support is on Patreon. ( . But barring that, the second best way to support is by leaving a review of the game. On here, on itch, wherever. Also keep on eye on my patreon over the next week or so (Sometime between the end of the holiday break and the new year) for some announcements regarding the game and the future.

I've also set up a discord if you want to keep an eye on my up-to-date progress, or just leave feedback, or whatever. It's currently empty and bare-bones since well, I just created it, and it will continue to be for a little while as I step away for the holidays, but I'll polish it and make it all nice eventually. For now though, .

And well, if you just choose not to support in any way either through patreon or a review or anything else, or you just hate the game, or you just hate me, well. This will be me.
marycall22c.png

Is that really what you want?

Reactions: Reifon and BlasKyau

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of Alive [v0.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Alive [v0.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Here is the Italian translation
of Alive [v0.1 Fix]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan Alive [v0.1 Fix]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

Italian translation

Updated
: 2021-12-23
Version: 0.2

Reactions: Mario8080

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
You've lost your job, but that's ok you work too hard anyway. You've lead a pretty boring life so far, so many this is the perfect opportunity to change things up, and feel what it means to be Alive
Well, nothing new, just another Copy-by-Copy Projects....
And i ma totaly ok with it, serious, but i return back when game be have 3-4 more updates to see fap-fap content only, ok?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
noping123 line 55 in nikkimsg.rpy, she calls the MC "Chis" instead of [mcname]

screenshot0001.png

(Maybe you ran a search for "Chris" and missed this one because of the typo?)

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
noping123 line 55 in nikkimsg.rpy, she calls the MC "Chis" instead of [mcname]

View attachment 1566978

(Maybe you ran a search for "Chris" and missed this one because of the typo?)

Dead on with your assessment. Thanks. When I write the script I do it in word, and use the default name I assigned ("Chris") because it helps me write dialogue that flows much more easily than MC or [mcname]. I then change it when I write it all into the script, but missed that one cause of the typo. Nice catch.

Reactions: gregers

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Dead on with your assessment. Thanks. When I write the script I do it in word, and use the default name I assigned ("Chris") because it helps me write dialogue that flows much more easily than MC or [mcname]. I then change it when I write it all into the script, but missed that one cause of the typo. Nice catch.
No worries. To help spot these things, it might be helpful to use something other than the default name when writing and playtesting.

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020
Ok this one has some pretty big holes and I hope y'all take this as constructive criticism rather than a rant, ill do my best to throw a little quirk in here and there to make this a little more light hearted but my sense of humour is practically non-existent at my age so don't hold out hope:oops:. First off this game needs a better avoidance system if its going to really take off or a lot of people are gonna get upset. e.g... Cant avoid Tonya if you go to the bar... cant avoid Nikki's date on the Mary playthrough. There is no good option whilst talking to Nikki in the changing rooms about Mary, you have to pick between "I'm not interested in her in that way" or "maybe I want to lead her on a bit?" Kind of limits the relationship arch a bit lmao. needs a 3rd option for those who actually want to pursue Mary. This 3rd option could also be the option that AVOIDS the Nikki date all together. Because atm I can not play the Mary route without feeling like a dog and the mc clearly feels it too because he avoids them both that day and refuses to go to the coffee shop. I can almost already see the replies reading "oh its only their first date its not like they are together" bla bla. In my book if you go on a date with someone, you are dating... and that doesn't necessarily mean they are "together" but it does mean they should be exclusive. For example, you shouldn't invite a different girl out to dinner each night of the week then pick whatever one you liked the best come Sunday. You date a girl and if things don't go well you move on to the next. Cant form a bond with someone if you are shopping around like you are in a grocery store. There is a huge difference between dating and dating multiple people and for me that's such a major red flag it makes me want to avoid her route all together despite being the most visually appealing model for me.
REALLY didn't like how the mc didn't say anything about liking Mary to Nikki during their date even though she bought up that Mary looked all bubbly and giddy that day. If I didn't already feel like a dog that definitely strapped the collar around my neck :eek: I really hope this isn't a requirement for the storyline because that would be a nail in the coffin for that path.

And secondly... You mentioned not having the "know how" to make a sufficient point/score system. That shouldn't be to much of a problem if/when this game does take off because one of the walkthrough guys will likely pick it up. However that being said, you should definitely code something to keep track of the workout score or change the whole system all together. You mention at the start of the game that it is best to keep a balanced work out yet there is no way to track it. I think the best way to solve this is to just put an option in the preferences(show stats) to toggle a simple text format at the top of the screen. e.g "Strength: 2 Cardio : 4 " keep its small so it doesn't cover up to much of the renders and don't worry about it being half arsed because half arsed feature is always better than an unimplemented one But honestly the whole workout system just seems like a few extra choices to click on and keep you occupied(at least in this version of the game). if its best to keep a balanced workout, why do I have the option to chose otherwise? why doesn't it just alternate between strength and cardio each day and throw us straight into the mini game... Surely if its recommended to be balanced, solo levelling any one of the two skills would be detrimental right?
I mean there has to be some incentives to levelling just strength or just cardio or everyone is just going to pick balanced and the diversity for the whole system is lost. I dunno, I guess the way it is implemented atm just kind of feels like one of those choices that is not really a choice... e.g "pick this or miss out" rather than a "customise your character/playthrough kinda choice"

Really liked most of the models in this game, even the ones that didn't appeal to me still looked great, no ugly face emotions or anything like that. The bodies looked a little "contorted" during the sex scenes(mainly when you are pounding Tonya against the sink) The personalities of the girls are great, got some slutty girls for all you thirsty gents out there as well as some more conservative girls.(Was a little shocked to receive that nude from Mary but I just chalked it up to nervousness and inexperience. we all do something a little "outlandish" from time to time right?)

Story is pretty generic at this point but that's not a bad thing as it means there are many paths that could be taken with a story like this and options are always good, will be interesting to see how this one unfolds. Cant really tell atm weather this is more of a story driven game or a quick fap game as it is a 0.2 but it most definitely has promise!

Overall I think you will do just fine with this one so long as you are not one of those perfectionist devs who spends an extra 4 months re-writing the two months worth of content over and over and before we know it a year has gone by with no update.
I try my best not to mention other games outside of their respected threads but honestly I think the main reason braindrop's "WVM" Took off so quickly was due to diversity in models and consistent small updates. doesn't even need to be a sex scene in each release so long as releases are coming once a month and it doesn't matter if the update ends abruptly or on a cliff hanger people just want some time with their favourite girls eh. Don't be afraid to drop a story heavy update now and again even if the haters come crawling out of their dens.

If you can master that I've no doubt you'll find success and support here.
Ill go ahead and copy this over to the review page also for ya, keep up the good work and good luck ironing everything out.

Edit: All this and I forgot to praise your fabulous animation work :sleep: boy its to early this morning. I noticed the slightest bit of clipping here and there(Tonya's fingers during the bathroom blowie..) but regardless would still rate them at 4.5/5. Great lighting and a solid framerate! don't think I saw a single stutter and i made sure to inspect it for quite some time heh.:geek:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1happyday

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not really going to answer this because I can't without spoiling stuff, all I'll say is, they are main characters in the story, and can't be "avoided", but their paths can be - and the further along the game you get, the easier that becomes. And no points aren't visible, and won't be. The reason for this isn't that I'm trying to obfuscate or anything, it's just honestly, I can not draw for shit, and designing an interface to properly display it requires some sort of art or design that I just don't want to try and do because it'll look awful. Maybe in the future I could look into something text-based (maybe through the phone interface?) But that seems half-assed to me, so idk if I want to or not.

Anyway, No game breaking bugs, and I don't see anything major that went wrong, so now I'm going to step away, focus on the holidays, and then focus on working on CH3.

Finally - if you enjoy the game, the best way to support is.... well, no. The best way to support is on Patreon. ( . But barring that, the second best way to support is by leaving a review of the game. On here, on itch, wherever. Also keep on eye on my patreon over the next week or so (Sometime between the end of the holiday break and the new year) for some announcements regarding the game and the future.

I've also set up a discord if you want to keep an eye on my up-to-date progress, or just leave feedback, or whatever. It's currently empty and bare-bones since well, I just created it, and it will continue to be for a little while as I step away for the holidays, but I'll polish it and make it all nice eventually. For now though, .

And well, if you just choose not to support in any way either through patreon or a review or anything else, or you just hate the game, or you just hate me, well. This will be me.
View attachment 1561778

Is that really what you want?
I've tried giving most of the points to Nikki, and at the end of the date happens this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whether I failed by not getting enough points on the date or I was the one who refused to continue, it was clear to me that the date was going to end without me seeing whatever is going on at Nikki's house between her and the MC. Otherwise, if I'm still going to be able to turn down LIs no matter how many points they have, then I can sit back and give them points. Of course, the only one I'm interested in giving full points to is Mary, the other two, I won't worry if I give them points or not.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I've tried giving most of the points to Nikki, and at the end of the date happens this:

Whether I failed by not getting enough points on the date or I was the one who refused to continue, it was clear to me that the date was going to end without me seeing whatever is going on at Nikki's house between her and the MC. Otherwise, if I'm still going to be able to turn down LIs no matter how many points they have, then I can sit back and give them points. Of course, the only one I'm interested in giving full points to is Mary, the other two, I won't worry if I give them points or not.

So, I'll give a little bit of context here - the game is primarily decision driven. The point system exists for a few reasons that I won't get into - one of which is that it at times locks or unlocks certain choices. There are also times when certain things are forced (like the date with nikki) - in which case points tend to override decisions - but outside of storyline based stuff, most things are decision based.

The end result here is, until much later on, if your goal is to focus on just one person (In this case, mary) then the optimal play would probably be to raise points with her as much as possible, make the "correct" decisions regarding her, and not worry too much about the rest - raising or lowering. Basically decisions drive most things, the points are secondary and while they exist for a reason, if your goal is a 1 LI only run, they're not something you need to worry too much about - aside from making sure you don't tank your points with your chosen LI.

Also, it'd be impossible to play the way you want to and go maximum negative points anyway - getting blown by erin in the cab is a big point loss with her - so there's that.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
So, I'll give a little bit of context here - the game is primarily decision driven. The point system exists for a few reasons that I won't get into - one of which is that it at times locks or unlocks certain choices. There are also times when certain things are forced (like the date with nikki) - in which case points tend to override decisions - but outside of storyline based stuff, most things are decision based.

The end result here is, until much later on, if your goal is to focus on just one person (In this case, mary) then the optimal play would probably be to raise points with her as much as possible, make the "correct" decisions regarding her, and not worry too much about the rest - raising or lowering. Basically decisions drive most things, the points are secondary and while they exist for a reason, if your goal is a 1 LI only run, they're not something you need to worry too much about - aside from making sure you don't tank your points with your chosen LI.

Also, it'd be impossible to play the way you want to and go maximum negative points anyway - getting blown by erin in the cab is a big point loss with her - so there's that.
In the end I have decided that I will give the answers that I like the most (give points or not) to the other LIs and I will optimize Mary's.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This game reminds me of this where there was this soccer team and they crashed their plane on a mountain. Then it was cold, and they ran out of cigarettes. Then they started eating tooth paste, but then there was no more tooth paste. So they ate each other.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Just a quick update for anyone following this game - chapter 3 was uploaded to patreon this week - it's exclusive to there currently, but it'll be available here in a couple of weeks.

If you wanna know what's changed/what's coming next, check out most recent updates on my patreon (link in sig). While the game currently requires a sub, update information and progress updates are and always will be public.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Well, I was going to wait until next week to put this up here, but i was... lets say coerced to put it up on itch, so I might as well just do it now.

Chapter 3 is out. Changelog is small.

- added a save screen at end of chapter.
- made a few behind the scene changes - any old saves won't work because I had to do this. I now know why I had to do this so I won't have to do it again. (Bonus, I've figured out how to retroactively fix it if issues pop up again later).
- added chapter 3. duh.
- redid a bunch of behind the scenes stuff to make pushing updates easier, so from ch4 on I'll be able to make an update only version available (since it'll exceed 1gb in size by then).

(or if that's easier than mega).

(Note to anyone editing the OP: if you could change the overview to the below, that's be much appreciated. I also attached some additional screenshots if you're feeling really frisky):

Nikki, the aspiring photographer. Erin, the wild child. Mary, the girl next door, Stacey, the debutante, and Tonya – the wild card.

With your best friend Freddie at your side, you’ve always been able to navigate the ups and downs of life with ease. Now as you enter a new phase of your life, will you continue to coast through life, or will the sins of the past come back around?

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

3.70 star(s) 22 Votes