BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Yes, the improvements are visible. But webm shouldn't be the reason for the bad resolution. Do you render your animations directly? Have you ever tried to render the animation in high quality single images, and then create a webm out of those?
Now let's be honest... it was already noticable that you put work into them so there are no clipping textures (like in Honey Select, when the Male looks like he's dry-humping a hologram, because the female skintexture doesn't have an opening for the dick and it just... phase-shifts into her body). They were just rugged.

*EDIT*
Just noticed something else: Don't get so hung up on filesize. Average size of a game with that many Animations is well over 1GB. Yours isn't even half that size.
*EDIT END*

Oh, and you have a Script-Error in Line 330 of chapter_6.rpy. You misdeclared a paragraph-pause as {p-0} instead of {p=0}.
The script error was corrected on the day of release and a new version was pushed out.

I know I shouldn't get hung up on file size, but I DO, I can't help it.

Yes I render them directly at 1280x720, DAZ output them as .avi files, and they look pretty good (to me as their creator at least) then convert them to .webm files with Wondershare's Filmora (I can't give you file size comparison I'm working today (on a Saturday : for IELTS exams) yeaaaahhh) but there is a substantial size reduction. I don't know how to take single images and create an animation from them.
I have never used Honey, but I do know what your talking about.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
This sucks ass. I greatly enjoy this vn and for some reason this update only I get almost_dead.exe has stopped working. Tried it from multiple download sources and even my buddies that worked for him. I hate not being able to play this anymore. Best of luck anyway :(

• Sad
Reactions: BTLD

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Yes I render them directly at 1280x720, DAZ output them as .avi files, and they look pretty good (to me as their creator at least) then convert them to .webm files with Wondershare's Filmora
There are so many advantages to rendering image sequences first. For example, if for some reason, your render is interrupted, you can pick up again where you left off rather than start the render from the beginning again.

Also, since you're already rendering to .avi first, you're getting a double loss on the re-encoding to .webm, unless you're using a lossless codec for the avi.

I've never used Filmora, but all of the video editing software I've tried has image-sequence input capability.

Love your game by the way. Looking forward to playing the latest update after this.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
This sucks ass. I greatly enjoy this vn and for some reason this update only I get almost_dead.exe has stopped working. Tried it from multiple download sources and even my buddies that worked for him. I hate not being able to play this anymore. Best of luck anyway :(
downloaded the update but haven't played it yet, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

Damn, that sucks like hell.
You can have the mature woman just because she wanted to fuck MC's father in the past. She even calls you his name.
Seriously ?
Why ? That was so stupid.
When the dev thought it was a good idea ?

What is " Almost Dead " now is the game, to me.

Tch. What a fucking waste of time.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {p-0} in u'I can hear the muted voices of them chatting, laughing and a few sharp intakes of breath.{p=0}{p} After about 20 minutes and a couple glasses of water it got really quiet in the other room.{p=0}{p} I hear somebody moving around and some shuffling, then that dead silence like in a movie before the psycho killer pops up behind you with a sharp knife or a machete.{p=0}{p} The sound of silence is deafening. My heart is trying to beat its way through my chest.{p-0}{p} Then I hear a symphony.{p=0}{p}'.:
Exception: Unknown text tag u'p-0'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 160, in script call
  File "scripts/chapter_6.rpyc", line 330, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 715, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1219, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
 ===============================================================

That's part of the error I get after starting ch6 and going over to a Sara's apartment.  Not sure what that has to do w psycho killer and all........   

I just ignored it and went on.  It only popped up once for me.  Everything else seems normal so far..

Is that what you all are getting?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Code:

While processing text tag {p-0} in u'I can hear the muted voices of them chatting, laughing and a few sharp intakes of breath.{p=0}{p} After about 20 minutes and a couple glasses of water it got really quiet in the other room.{p=0}{p} I hear somebody moving around and some shuffling, then that dead silence like in a movie before the psycho killer pops up behind you with a sharp knife or a machete.{p=0}{p} The sound of silence is deafening. My heart is trying to beat its way through my chest.{p-0}{p} Then I hear a symphony.{p=0}{p}'.:

Full traceback:

That's part of the error I get after starting ch6 and going over to a Sara's apartment.  Not sure what that has to do w psycho killer and all........  

I just ignored it and went on.  It only popped up once for me.  Everything else seems normal so far..

Not for me. I click on it and it tries to open. Then: "Almost_dead exe. has stopped running"

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Code:

Full traceback:

That error was caught on the day of release and corrected, re-download from OP or at
BadMustard Badprogrammer!!

• Haha
Reactions: BTLD and Forgotted

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
I had Spfjolietjake test a beta version using RenPy 7.3.5 the release is using 7.4.5.
From his post here he was unable to even start the game, but with the Beta he was able to start and play all the way through.
Check the OP for a Mega link for this version if you are having problems with the current release version. The Beta is for Windows and Linux only.

Starting on the next version, I will be downgrading RenPy to 7.3.5 until......

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I had Spfjolietjake test a beta version using RenPy 7.3.5 the release is using 7.4.5.
From his post here he was unable to even start the game, but with the Beta he was able to start and play all the way through.
Check the OP for a Mega link for this version if you are having problems with the current release version. The Beta is for Windows and Linux only.

Starting on the next version, I will be downgrading RenPy to 7.3.5 until......
I am very grateful and this was a helluva update :) I have to admit it hit me in the "feels" a tad. However the lewdity and the laughs were the star once again.

Thanks for this :love:

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
i'm a bit lazy to look in the thread if someone had the same problem as me, so i'll ask: when i'm playing, the game constantly crashes during animations and after them, and if i try to load a save, it also crashes... what should i do?

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
i'm a bit lazy to look in the thread if someone had the same problem as me, so i'll ask: when i'm playing, the game constantly crashes during animations and after them, and if i try to load a save, it also crashes... what should i do?
Try the "Win/Linux w/Renpy7.3.5:" version posted in the OP and see if that works better for you!

Reactions: D Dog

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Please please please, Pretty Please bring Christe back as a LI. That is one HOT little number. :love:

pds72

Sep 25, 2019
The red headed doctor's avatar is being displayed instead of blanks. It happen briefly during scene transitions and stays up until someone speaks and their avatar replaces it. All of which is distracting.

Don't know how to fix that, so for now I've replaced her image with a transparent one.

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes