list101

Mar 18, 2019
So far i had no other report of the compressed version not working, and the game was downloaded at least 300 times between the links, maybe the problem it's in your computer or it's because the game uses the Renpy SDK 4.5.
I downloaded the full version. I was able to unpack the full version .rpa without problem yet the compressed version has the problem I pointed out in my original post:
+ Unpacking "Almost_Dead.rpa" - 52268124 bytes
Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive

The full version worked fine. After that the compressed version was running too...
Anyways I am running the full version now.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
This game put saves in '...AppData\Roaming\RenPy\saves' ???
This could cause problem with another dev who decides to drop saves the same way.
The standard is to put saves in ...RenPy\<GAME_NAME-randomNumber>

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
I downloaded the full version. I was able to unpack the full version .rpa without problem yet the compressed version has the problem I pointed out in my original post:
Could not extract file from archive: [Errno 2] the requested file . does not exist in the given Ren'Py archive

The full version worked fine. After that the compressed version was running too...
Downloaded the Compressed Version and extract the RPA
Capturar.PNG

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
PC version keeps crashing randomly for me. If I try to scroll back to see missed text and then scroll forward to go back to where I was it will freeze and windows will say its no responding and I have to close it. Also sometimes, when I am reading and clicking through to get to the next part of the text, the text box is empty and I cannot move forward, I have to scroll back then SCROLL forward to get the text, clicking forward still wont show it. The game will lockup and go unresponsive sometimes when doing this and I have to close and relaunch the game. Also the game wont save my settings for music/sound volume ot text speed.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
PC version keeps crashing randomly for me. If I try to scroll back to see missed text and then scroll forward to go back to where I was it will freeze and windows will say its no responding and I have to close it. Also sometimes, when I am reading and clicking through to get to the next part of the text, the text box is empty and I cannot move forward, I have to scroll back then SCROLL forward to get the text, clicking forward still wont show it. The game will lockup and go unresponsive sometimes when doing this and I have to close and relaunch the game. Also the game wont save my settings for music/sound volume ot text speed.
try <SHIFT> G then disable gamepad and restart the game - this fixed it for me.
Also bear in mind - when you force shutdown the game your settings will be lost.

Reactions: JB08

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
I appreciate the work you do. I am using many of your compressed versions - this one didn't work for me. In diagnosing the problem I got the error msg when unpacking the .rpa with the latest unren.bat.
Sorry to hear that, i really don't know why, it wasn't working for you.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
This game put saves in '...AppData\Roaming\RenPy\saves' ???
This could cause problem with another dev who decides to drop saves the same way.
The standard is to put saves in ...RenPy\<GAME_NAME-randomNumber>
I'm not sure how to change that, but I'll see what I can do to fix it.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
try <SHIFT> G then disable gamepad and restart the game - this fixed it for me.
Also bear in mind - when you force shutdown the game your settings will be lost.
This seems to have worked, thanks man.

Cunt

Supreme Asshole
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 7, 2019

I had the same problem with some other games that i couldn't extract with unren or rpa extractor only way i could solve this was using python and typing the command to extract the rpa file manual

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
in options.rpy
define config.save_directory ="Almost Dead-NUMBER_OF_YOUR_CHOICE"
Thanks for that, it will be in the next update then!

And seriously?
" It is obvious - English is not the dev first language - which is fine. What is annoying is when the dev is trying too hard to hide that. "

list101

Mar 18, 2019
Thanks for that, it will be in the next update then!

And seriously?
" It is obvious - English is not the dev first language - which is fine. What is annoying is when the dev is trying too hard to hide that. "
don't shoot the messenger! For what is worth I gave you my honest opinion. You could take it or leave it. I am not hating the game - quite the opposite!

Last edited:

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
don't shoot the messenger! For what is worth I gave you my honest opinion. You could take it or leave it. I am not hating the game - quite the opposite!
"Don't shoot the messenger!" you're trying too hard to hide you non-English language skills since you don't understand that metaphoric phrase.

Just so you know, I'm an old white guy born in Minnesota and raised in Florida spent 20 years in the US Navy(retired), and now I live in Malaysia.
English is my native and primary language.

list101

Mar 18, 2019
"Don't shoot the messenger!" you're trying too hard to hide you non-English language skills since you don't understand that metaphoric phrase.

Just so you know, I'm an old white guy born in Minnesota and raised in Florida spent 20 years in the US Navy(retired), and now I live in Malaysia.
English is my native and primary language.
"... to hide you non-English language skills since you don't understand that metaphoric phrase." :ROFLMAO:
you(r) non-English language skills ...
whatever you say...

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 33 Votes