BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
What’s up with lots of sex scenes that were cut short in the latest update? Some were looking really good then faded to black after the girls straddled MC. Am I missing some codes to unlock? Is it patreon only? If not, I don’t get the purpose of these “unfinished” scenes. I mean dev already done a good job of portraying their daily lives from dialogues between characters that sometimes they implied about what or who they want to do that evening. So why cut short a lot of potential good sex scenes?
There isn't a code to unlock any scenes. It comes down to my skills as an animator (still learning...slowly) and my equipment to render the images and animations. I have struggled previously to animate more the 2 people in a scene, it came out looking very poor and took forever to render (some of the short animations can take upwards of 12 hours for the computer to make them). If there are more than 2 people engaged in sex, I will just be doing still shots for them, unless one of them is only watching the other 2.
I'am saving all the money I collect on Patreon, itch.io, and Subscribe star to purchase a better GPU to speed up render times!

Reactions: Oghmios1337

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Since we said goodbye to Jessika somebody on discord suggested a goodbye image for her. So I made this!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While I understand why you did what you did. I approach Harem games like Pokemon Game...to me that's one that got away from my gotta catch em all mentality, lol. :p

Reactions: Nathaniel Hammer

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
While I understand why you did what you did. I approach Harem games like Pokemon Game...to me that's one that got away from my gotta catch em all mentality, lol. :p
I'm usually like that in most harem games, but given how consistently wholesome and good the relationships in the harem have been in the game so far (positive communication, honesty, everything like that), 'Sicka could only have introduced toxicity and strife in unpleasant ways, particularly if Lucy is in your harem given their backstory.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I know this probably goes against everything the story is basing itself around but I would have liked to see an alternate version where 'Jessika/Jessica' could be turned into a maid/servant and made to work hard for any reward, kind of like a punishment but only this would be a redemption arc where Jessica would learn from her previous mistakes and try changing her ways. But that's just my view on this subject, I hadn't progressed that far but knowing that one (if not more) of the potential girls in this story is going to be 'out of reach' is kind of sad in a way. I'm of a similar view to Drakken honestly, harem to me means they're all mine, I know what Jess did in the past and it's frustrating but I actually liked her and her character, and I think it would have made a nice change in the story for the MC to not 'forgive or forget' what she did but to at least allow her to remain and try to ingratiate herself with everyone in an attempt to become part of the group again. Sorry for the rant, just sad to her go is all. In my opinion, keeping her around allowed the story to move in multiple directions, anyway, keep doing what you're doing and we'll see if the choices that follow end up making people forget about losing out on Jessica

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
At no point has Jessica ever been shown to be a potential LI, so she's never been 'in reach', never been a goal. The MC knew she was a cheater, since she cheated on him in the past, then cheated on his dad in the past. That alone would have made me (and a lot of other people) turn her down even if she were a potential LI, because I would prefer to 'lose out' on an unfaithful traitor.

The only thing that could be confusing about her other than that she's physically attractive is that she's in the game's banner alongside most of the main LIs and a couple minor ones. That said, I'm not entirely sure why Sharon and Yuizumi are in the banner and Sara, Charlie, and Lucy aren't. But I suspect that banner was designed at a much earlier stage in the story's evolution than now.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
At no point in my post did I ever mention Jessica could or would be a potential LI, also 'in reach' doesn't always have to mean that she is going to be added to the list of people who will ride the main protags crotch rocket, it just means that she is within reach for continuing the story and maybe giving her a chance to change opinions of her, by no means would I or many others most likely want to have her as a LI or harem member but she would certainly be brought down a few pegs by being turned into or used as the thing she least respected. But I understand how a lot of people would argue against my point of view, but the dev has so far made a great game, I hope it continues that way but we'll see what the rest of the chapters give us.

Having not played to the current ending point of the game I don't know all the details, but I know there is one person who I've read about when going through the script to make the changes I wanted, that one of the people who the MC showed particular interest in is suddenly now being 'potentially' being taken off the table (and I don't mean Jessica either), Confusing but eh, I'll likely still play it just to see the conclusion to the story.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
This might seem odd to some of you, but when in a harem game and any kind of sexual interaction happens between 2 characters, it is usually presumed that they will end up together, I have to say if the premise of the story was to offer up certain 'treats' but then take them away again, later on, that's something that probably a lot of people will frown over, I mean at those points where these interactions happen some people will become invested in that character and will look/hope for more with them in the story, and that's perfectly reasonable, If you had the mindset to remove girls x, y & z from the story why were they even given any kind of romantic/sexual relation/interaction with the MC.

I'm not against you telling the story your way, not by a long shot, I just want to understand the mindset behind the choice of taking away girls who have been introduced and had a 'moment' with the main protag. I assume you have plans that hopefully will redeem this game in the eyes of many, I'm sad to see some of the people go but it's your game and your choice at the end of the day.

Either way, good luck with the remainder of the story Bad Mustard, looking forward to the ending, and hope it lives up to expectations

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This might seem odd to some of you, but when in a harem game and any kind of sexual interaction happens between 2 characters, it is usually presumed that they will end up together, I have to say if the premise of the story was to offer up certain 'treats' but then take them away again, later on, that's something that probably a lot of people will frown over, I mean at those points where these interactions happen some people will become invested in that character and will look/hope for more with them in the story, and that's perfectly reasonable, If you had the mindset to remove girls x, y & z from the story why were they even given any kind of romantic/sexual relation/interaction with the MC.

I'm not against you telling the story your way, not by a long shot, I just want to understand the mindset behind the choice of taking away girls who have been introduced and had a 'moment' with the main protag. I assume you have plans that hopefully will redeem this game in the eyes of many, I'm sad to see some of the people go but it's your game and your choice at the end of the day.

Either way, good luck with the remainder of the story Bad Mustard, looking forward to the ending, and hope it lives up to expectations
No sexual interaction happened with Jessica though

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I was not referring to Jessica though, not sure how you came to that conclusion.
It was probably not intentional misunderstanding, but the post immediately above yours, and a lot of the other posts in the last day or two, have been about Jessica, because at least one person assumed she was potential harem material because she was pretty and in the game.

You're right, that was about Sharon Just feels weird to me, but I'm trusting that Bad Mustard has a plan that will shock us all
Honestly, I just assume that she was intended all along as a friend who had some fun with the MC early on. It'd have been nice to see her join the harem, but it's already a pretty big harem. I'd rather have it include girls who BadMustard can create good scenes and good romance with. More, and it'll just get unwieldy. Ch11 had more gallery scenes than any previous chapter, and more than several of them combined. A larger harem would just lead to more like that, and more story/scene variations given the girls who may not be included in everyone's harems.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Personally I like the fact not all girl's are in the harem just because the MC may or may not of banged them.
And just because they aren't in the harem dosen't mean they will never be back for second or third's.
You just have to look at Alice for an example of that.
I mean it's unlikly PiaPia will wan't to join the Harem either but there's still I'm hopeing a very good chance for the MC to hit that little BI too.
Its ok haveing a large Harem but you have to allow for the occasional outside encounter's.
As much as we might like all the girl's to join some girls will not want to change their lives to live in the harm.
And as much as we might want it and I do in games quite often this isn't a Pokemon game we don't get to catch them all :devilish:

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
I get and totally respect that, I was more going on the rules that the harem had unless they have changed any since I last played, I can't play the current update because editing the script to read how I wanted it to instead of sweet-ums all the time caused all sorts of Unicode/utf8 errors to pop up and give me grief.

That's what I'm trying to fix but I'm not having much luck with it at the moment.

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
Did you make her a Marine so you would feel less guilty about getting rid of her? That's just cruel man.
Seeings as I'm retired USNavy and the Marines are a part of the Navy I would never!

I made her a marine because they're tough, and strong, and so she could beat the MC into shape if she needed too

Reactions: D Dog

BadMustard

Game Developer
Feb 5, 2021
I get and totally respect that, I was more going on the rules that the harem had unless they have changed any since I last played, I can't play the current update because editing the script to read how I wanted it to instead of sweet-ums all the time caused all sorts of Unicode/utf8 errors to pop up and give me grief.

That's what I'm trying to fix but I'm not having much luck with it at the moment.
sara_side_1.png Awwww sweet-ums

Reactions: D Dog and EJW

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I was not referring to Jessica though, not sure how you came to that conclusion.

You're right, that was about Sharon Just feels weird to me, but I'm trusting that Bad Mustard has a plan that will shock us all
We didnt did much with Sharon either, just a bj as far as i recall

2.90 star(s) 33 Votes