4.50 star(s) 35 Votes

Ezykeyal

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact amount of episodes.

I try to keep each episode to roughly the same amount of time (if I can end the finale I planned for the episode at that time), but that means cutting and pasting bits into the next release. I may have planned my main story beats for 4 episodes in total, but that can become 7 or 8. Sometimes I come up with something for a character that didn't exist before but adds a lot, and as such, will extend the overall length and possibly push other parts into another episode.
how many episodes will the game have?
Ezykeyal

Last edited:

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Heya,

I'm currently working on one of the larger/longer scenes in the upcoming episode.

There will be at least one more fightthis episode , but I may do a second. A single fight does take a lot of time to create, especially with the addition of new moves that can be unlocked for your chosen disciplines in this episode.

A lot of you quite enjoyed the combat system, but I know there are quite a few that don't or simply can't be bothered more than once with multiple saves, and I understand that. I've had some discussions about it with the lovely folk in my Discord and its triggered some ideas. I was struggling with the idea to just simply add 'skip' function which kills off a lot my hard work and I personally hated the idea of presenting an 'answer checklist' that would then allow you to proceed the story. You don't just fight in a sparring match, there's also other interactions that present itself at certain times like the ability to flirt. I'd need to take these options into account, so you wouldn't be punished for not wanting to experience the combat system.

I think the best option to move forwards is by giving two options before a fight starts:
-Play the fight
-Automatic sequence

The first option is obvious, you play the whole thing as you know it. The second option plays the fight sequence automatically and presents you with a possible flirt option somewhere during that sequence. It just becomes part of the story without enforcing the gameplay element. It would still allow me to show some of the work I put into it, but you wouldn't have to stress your brain about it and just watch it unfold as per the usual VN format. It would result in an automatic win as well.

Basically, for the ones that love it, nothing changes. But for the ones that don't enjoy it, you may enjoy the alternative instead!

Let me know your thoughts.

All the best,

Ezy

sanmal

Jul 30, 2017
By your own logic that 'we're not here for that' fuckfest games would be topping best rating charts, which is not the case at all. Maybe admit that its you, sanmal, that doesn't like story rich games and not the general audience.
The main part of the population is dependent on the opinions of others and is not able to think with their own heads. Focus on the number of downloads with an independent/anonimous choice, and not on the proposed top with a rating.
My first message was addressed to the author, because most of these unique games are abandoned. Let him figure out the reasons. I'm not interested in discussing something about the rating.

• Angry
Reactions: MikeOG and kingc123

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
The main part of the population is dependent on the opinions of others and is not able to think with their own heads. Focus on the number of downloads with an independent/anonimous choice, and not on the proposed top with a rating.
My first message was addressed to the author, because most of these unique games are abandoned. Let him figure out the reasons. I'm not interested in discussing something about the rating.
tenor-1292521532.gif

Reactions: kingc123

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Then don't post it on a public forum genius.........

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Ezykeyal Episode 2 is massive improvement to Episode 1 in terms of it being more interesting. A part of the reason is the fight minigames. That was good!

I honestly think 6 fighting styles is too many permutations with regards to development time. And I also think your game is one of the better looking daz3d renpy game I've seen.

I want to say that I'm worried the development time per chapter will take a long time due to the 2 things above. As a consumer, I much rather sacrifice complexity and picture prettiness if I can get more frequent updates.

However, I do wish the route you decided to take with this game would nets you at least 200 or so regular patrons.

Ezykeyal

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
Ezykeyal Episode 2 is massive improvement to Episode 1 in terms of it being more interesting. A part of the reason is the fight minigames. That was good!

I honestly think 6 fighting styles is too many permutations with regards to development time. And I also think your game is one of the better looking daz3d renpy game I've seen.

I want to say that I'm worried the development time per chapter will take a long time due to the 2 things above. As a consumer, I much rather sacrifice complexity and picture prettiness if I can get more frequent updates.

However, I do wish the route you decided to take with this game would nets you at least 200 or so regular patrons.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Although I agree it does add some time to development, in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have mattered if I forced a single grappling and standup style, or let you choose between a few more different styles as it currently is. If I gave you one of each (grappling and standup, which would be the minimum), I'd have to give enough moves to make it interesting and likely end up with the same amount of moves as if you had 4 more styles anyway. The whole system is already made and all I need to do for future fights is make a new render set with a different opponent. That's kind of annoying, but that's the price I have to pay making a still-render based game.

Adding no fight to an episode release, saves me about 2 weeks in total which is not all that much overall.

I don't wish to spoil much, but the different styles also play a crucial role for story/character development and LI's involved with the various training sessions and the classmates.

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Some fresh(men) fan sigs* for "Alpha, Omega" :

NATASHA - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,8 MB

AOsiG1.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2559441_AOsiG1.gif
____________________________________________________________________________________________

LILIANA - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,7 MB

AOsiG2.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2559442_AOsiG2.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________________

ROSIE - Fan-Signature
300 x 124 px / 0,76 MB

AOsiG3.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2561782_AOsiG3.gif

S P E C I A L M e t a l
ELIZE - Fan-Signature

300 x 124 px / 0,97 MB

AOsiGE.gif

LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/04/2591119_AOsiGE.gif

* More sigs will be most likely added with future updates of this game.
____________________________________________________________________________________

So all fighters: Feel encouraged to use these sigs in your personal signature...
...You'd support the future development of this VN quite a wee bit as well!

And Ezykeyal : thanks for your splendid game & good luck for the further development! Cheers.

Last edited:

Capt. Fubar

Sep 8, 2022
Howdy Developer;

Look buddy, like it or not / read it or not I'm gonna give you few free advices.

1- Add his sister... I mean his "childhood friend" to the list of "interactable" characters list and make her one of long term interactable character (major NPC).

2- You need to reduce speed of Mini games (QTE events or whatever); I see 8 sticks all at once, Renpy doesn't designed for such speeds IMHO. Don't be afraid and reduce its speed to reasonable levels, it is not an Online / PvP game.

3- I'm not an english or yankee, so, did not understand what da' hell London gal saying. Don't be afraid to increase understandability of her speech (text).

TL;DR:
As a redneck / hillbilly type of person, I don't like playing as coloured people but you managed to create -more or less- some degree of bond between us. And I really liked how Natasha womanhandle our MC, I believe they are gonna' marry. 8D

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
Dude, what a nice game.

First, Thanks for makin a afro american protagonist, there were white protagonists, asian protagonists, latin protagonist but i hadnt find a avn with a black protagonist until now and i am really grateful, not only that, your MC is really likeable too.

The Li are really interesting too, i love Natasha and came to love Lily too, but i felt like you have too little time for the others Li, specially the music's chick, i really would have like some time with her.

About Rosie and Alexa, i still need to get use to but i dont hate their designes

Now, i enjoy the plot twist at the end of chapter 2, and by enjoying i mean that i really want to know what happen and who we have to kill because of it.

And the fight game is fun, but like someone said up there, i hope i wont become too much work.

Still, i need to say this, it felt a little rushed, really good narrative and really good dialogues but way too fast pace, i wont say to redo it, i am not crazy but i would advice to take your time with the story, i mean your character are interesting and entretaining give them more time.

I said that but my experience was really great, i hope you would continue with this proyect and i hope you feel satisfied a the end.

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Hello!
Attached a preview of a younger Alexa. As mentioned several dev-logs earlier, we'll dive into the past of both coaches and learn more about them. These scenes will provide you with crucial information, that will help you decide on some very important choices later on.

Last week I was away for work most days, so I didn't get a lot done unfortunately. I did a lot of scene work before that though, and I'm trying to finish that this weekend. I had to set up several new environments for several scenes, which took a bit of time, but it looks pretty cool!

Despite the many things I warned about very clearly at the start of the game, I failed to mention (what I think could be) very important. I don't know why I didn't think to put it in before, as the type of content was already written a long time ago.

There will be certain scenes that contain self-harm and sexual assault, and this could be a sensitive point for some. So, I decided to implement a function that allows you to bypass the scenes where I graphically depict these very things. As I didn't warn you about this before, I think it's only fair I do so, without mercifully shoving scenes of this nature in your face (surprise mf!).

Once episode 3 is in your hands and start it up for the first time, you'll be presented with a choice that needs to be made. A choice to enable or disable these scenes. This choice can later be changed in the preferences menu.

If you choose to disable the sensitive scenes, you'll be presented with a non visual version and light description of the scene, so you know it has happened, but without the visuals. If they're enabled, you'll see all the renders as per normal, but they're not for the faint hearted.

Feel free to discuss!

Until the next dev-log,

Ezy

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021

Hello!

This'll probably be the shortest dev-log I've ever written. No development of new complex systems, no more massive upgrades, just simply scene rendering. It's moving along quite nicely.

I did unfortunately have a setback with the MC's skin upgrades as they wouldn't play nice in the further away renders. For some reason, the renderer would just blur out too much of the detail and he started to look weirdly painted. I had to revert back to the Episode 2 version, which I think still looks pretty decent anyway.

That's it for now I guess, and sorry I couldn't say anything more interesting. Everything is very well established and rather smooth sailing! There will be a few new additions outside of the story which are scheduled for a little later, but for now I'll continue the scene rendering.

Ezy
I love the game, but the mini game for the fights is absolutely annoyingly too fast. Can you slow it down so one actually wants to play the mini game instead of hitting auto win??

Reactions: Ezykeyal

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Salutations!

Didn't have a crazy amount of time last week or the week before, since it was my birthday and all. I did manage to get most of the dorm events with the associated people on your paths finished. That's a little bit of a lie, as they're not exactly finished. Some of them will result in a romantic/spicy situation, as per the sneak-preview above.

I'm currently working on those, and hope to finish them by this weekend. They're a little complicated, as they're a result of a combination of your choices, and have to be carefully linked to get the correct outcome. After that, I'll continue with the scenes mentioned in the previous devlog.

TTFN,

Ezy

4.50 star(s) 35 Votes