4.50 star(s) 35 Votes

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
so i have a theory about that ending..and hope i am right. the scene is Nat dreaming about the fight she lost that cost her the title she had. hopefully. hate to see her killed off so early in the game. she's my fav LI.
I don't even think she's supposed to look dead. I think a bloody face can be expected, when fighting competitively. But the thing is that Natasha said that she's a coach, so she isn't competing.
So I think you're either right about your flashback theory, or somebody going too hard during training, maybe because of personal differences, could be the major conflict of the next episode. Natasha already got scolded by Alexa for being too gentle.

Ezykeyal

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
fixed it. should work fine now. let me know if you find any error
I haven't tried the mod, but judging from the screenshots you made, here's a couple of things:
-If you repeatedly + Joe in the beginning, he becomes your housemate but if you ignore him, you get Lily instead.
-There's a slight variation on the cocktail game, if you give Joe a margarita... it gives the same + for Joe but will result in less for Lily, but you'll get an extended scene.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
That was a really funny game, i loved it. Natasha is so great, so strong, so beautiful, so sexy. I would love to make her carry me around in some of those baby backpack.
I played ch2 until the cocktail game because i hate those minigames, find the right cocktail forn the right person, that killed the game for me unfortunately. I don't even want to try!!!:)

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
That was a really funny game, i loved it. Natasha is so great, so strong, so beautiful, so sexy. I would love to make her carry me around in some of those baby backpack.
I played ch2 until the cocktail game because i hate those minigames, find the right cocktail forn the right person, that killed the game for me unfortunately. I don't even want to try!!!:)
Someone posted the answers for that. But, later you have the fight mini games, which I installed the mod for.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I haven't tried the mod, but judging from the screenshots you made, here's a couple of things:
-If you repeatedly + Joe in the beginning, he becomes your housemate but if you ignore him, you get Lily instead.
-There's a slight variation on the cocktail game, if you give Joe a margarita... it gives the same + for Joe but will result in less for Lily, but you'll get an extended scene.
You forgot to mention one other thing: You get a second, kind of, sort of, housemate. :ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ezykeyal

Ezykeyal

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
Oof, then you're going to be missing out on almost exactly what you are wishing for, at the end of the night...

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
is elize gonna be a LI because she doesnt have hearts like the other girls? when will the player start using the message app and will the game have more LI or not? hope the cat appears more to give fist bump to him. Ezykeyal

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
So, I've played through chapters 1 and 2 (because my saves from ch1 weren't picked up, no big deal, I needed a refresher anyway) and I mostly liked it. The minigame with drinks was fun, although I don't think game gives you any hints to their preferences to guess correctly. I mean sure some of them are more stereotypical drinks but still. The training session scene was great, especially the variety of models in it.

I felt at times like the "click to continue" looping scenes could use speeding up, but then they might feel rushed so they are probably fine. Storywise, chapter 2 covered a decent chunk of time with the skip, probably went even longer than I expected which is nice.

Two things I didn't like were reworked intro (I didn't feel like it did anything better than the old one, and contrary to it's contents, unlike the old one, new one feels more like... gratuitous fanservice? Also not a big fan of 4th wall breaking in general. Let's be fair here, it's not like AVNs need tutorials, they're not rocket science)

Second was the ending. It didn't feel good and not because of the event itself but because of how arrives completely suddenly and with no setup. It's like a jumpscare in a movie, except you know how in movies jumpscares are usually preceded by a slow zoom or a pan and some disturbing music? This doesn't even get a narrative equivalent of a slow pan. Here we are making out.. click... *SHOCK CONTENT*. I think there's some kind of framing going on here with the whole story being narrated by the MC in the future, but it's so flimsy that offhand I can only recall the intro to ch1 even using the "narrator" voice and here it just feels like the author ran out of content for the chapter and was like "lemme plop this teaser image for the next episode".

A side note on pacing, neither ep1 nor 2 ended in an organic enough way imo. We only had roughly 1.5-2 days time in game from the start to the end, right? We spend day 1 from morning to evening in chapter 1 and then we have the end of day 1 and half of day 2 in chapter 2 before the time skip and then a little bit before the end of it, and I can't help but feel that it would be much better if episode one just naturally extended to the end of day 1, i.e. when you go to sleep at the end of the party, and episode 2 would cover training pre-timeskip and then some substantial time post time skip instead of like 1.5 conversation and "save your game now screen". That's entirely subjective though.

And then I just have an idle curiosity question, did you use any real life reference when drawing inspiration for character looks?

Ezykeyal

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks for the more detailed feedback! (y)
So, I've played through chapters 1 and 2 (because my saves from ch1 weren't picked up, no big deal, I needed a refresher anyway) and I mostly liked it. The minigame with drinks was fun, although I don't think game gives you any hints to their preferences to guess correctly. I mean sure some of them are more stereotypical drinks but still.
It was mentioned you'd have to start over this time, due to my own stupidity and being new to renpy scripting with the first release. It's OK to get the drinking game wrong, you'll just get slightly different scenes.

Second was the ending. It didn't feel good and not because of the event itself but because of how arrives completely suddenly and with no setup. It's like a jumpscare in a movie, except you know how in movies jumpscares are usually preceded by a slow zoom or a pan and some disturbing music? This doesn't even get a narrative equivalent of a slow pan. Here we are making out.. click... *SHOCK CONTENT*. I think there's some kind of framing going on here with the whole story being narrated by the MC in the future, but it's so flimsy that offhand I can only recall the intro to ch1 even using the "narrator" voice and here it just feels like the author ran out of content for the chapter and was like "lemme plop this teaser image for the next episode".
I'm not sure what happened there, it shouldn't just plop in. It should do as you described and very slowly fade in, while the image slowly rotates into view as the music plays.

A side note on pacing, neither ep1 nor 2 ended in an organic enough way imo. We only had roughly 1.5-2 days time in game from the start to the end, right? We spend day 1 from morning to evening in chapter 1 and then we have the end of day 1 and half of day 2 in chapter 2 before the time skip and then a little bit before the end of it, and I can't help but feel that it would be much better if episode one just naturally extended to the end of day 1, i.e. when you go to sleep at the end of the party, and episode 2 would cover training pre-timeskip and then some substantial time post time skip instead of like 1.5 conversation and "save your game now screen". That's entirely subjective though.
I agree with this. What I'd liked to have done was to stick the rest of the evening back into episode 1 and end it there instead. Those events were an after thought and not part of the major beats ('filler content' is an organic process for me). Reshuffling that is not an easy feat, and also increases the chances for stuff to break, so I opted against it.

And then I just have an idle curiosity question, did you use any real life reference when drawing inspiration for character looks?
Sure, to give an example; Lily is based on the actress Fairuza Balk.
1674728365173.png

Vasin

Nov 20, 2018
It's OK to get the drinking game wrong, you'll just get slightly different scenes.
I actually gave everyone each cocktail just to see the variants, it was really fun I don't know why that scene got some hate here. IMO much better "gameplay integration" than submission minigame. I have no issues with that as I have good reflexes but I can see people getting frustrated trying to hit green zone. I'm not saying it should be changed, I think it should stay as is, since you can just win another way but it can be a point of frustration. Also you might not want to go with low grapple skill like I did to make it harder.

Two impressions that I got that I forgot to mention. One is that characters in the game feel to me like they got a level of maturity that is completely unwarranted for their age. I'll take that over write tripe "how do you fellow kids" dialogue to sound hip any day though.

Another is the plot beat with the band that the chick that Nat introduces you to tries to put together. During time skip it's mentioned that it didn't work out due to scheduling differences, and I felt like it had this air of finality about it. Like "it's done and it's not going anywhere any more". I'm not sure if that was the intended effect, it could be that you wanted to "pause" the plot beat instead and put it there to remind people that "hey I didn't forget about it" in which case it sort of did the exact opposite thing. If it is not done I would amend it to something like "we got together to play a bunch of sessions but then scheduling made us put a pause on that".

I'm not sure what happened there, it shouldn't just plop in. It should do as you described and very slowly fade in, while the image slowly rotates into view as the music plays.
Oh, no I mean the narrative set up, not the technical side. It works just fine. New menu also looks really cool. I have absolutely no complaints about the technical side of the game. I even like it launching in Full screen by default I think the menu looks good enough to make it in fullscreen.

Sure, to give an example; Lily is based on the actress Fairuza Balk.
I was asking more about Nat because playing the game again got me thinking, she's my favourite character and I can't help but scrutinize her composition more closely. There are several small things that bug me and I want to make it clear that I don't expect you to change anything or even take it seriously it's just a reflection on a character and is solely my personal opinion. I'll put it under spoiler as it can be potentially contentious.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
hm someone mentioned that Lily is based on Fairuza Balk. i thought the same thing when i first saw her and her craziness reminds me of her character ,Vicky Vallancourt from The Waterboy.

• Yay, new update!
4.50 star(s) 35 Votes