2.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017
All I really want to know is if the game is still being worked on. I really hope it is because it's one of my favorites.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
New post on the patreon (30.9. Quick Update), anyone interested in posting it for us plebs?

9fu7tdzn

May 6, 2018
From Dev's patreon:

Testing out the current build now. Fixing errant tags and adding in placeholder text for various areas which are in the game but with no content. Will spend the bulk of the day adding in the visuals.
Link to the $5 reward tier will be posted later. There are a ton of pictures and animations for future content, will be uploading some previews.
This release will finish the prologue and give fresh content through the first couple of days. There's no immediate transformation as in the previous game. Your choices in the game will determine how masculine or feminine you become. Some of the old 'Alpha character' images may be included in this release but will be redone in future releases to ensure the proper character body is shown.
Thanks again for your patience, we were too ambitious in the switchover with the code and it caused a bunch of problems we needed to work through.

Ob Nixillis

Aug 1, 2017
Honestly I'm happier with that, dev was absolutely dogshit at RPGM and I say that as someone who managed to parkour their way around the weird ass game design and actually play through what I assumed was 90% of it.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
Redeux 0.14.1 out on patreon. Now just gotta hope there is a nice guy or gal around to post it here.

metuta1234

Nov 12, 2017
from patreon:

Hi all. Below is the link to the updated release of Altered Heroines. As I've mentioned before the current releases are being developed in Twine.

• Basic framework is done along with building out most of the shell of Gotham City.
  • Much of the storyline has been reworked for better flow and to allow for more fluidity.
  • Previously Alpha/Beta storylines were due to an early choice of what pill you took. This time, while taking the pill will start you down that path quicker, the transformation will initially take place slower based on the choices you make.
  • Only a portion of the previous content has been ported over. You can fight in the arena and visit Granny Lin in the evening. There are no random events put in yet and the LexCorp job has not been implemented yet.
  • We've reworked the code a few times, hence the delay, and now we're going to try to work towards smaller sprints to get content in as quick as possible.
  • To avoid confusion, we're keeping the previous versioning. We'll be using the minor versions (0.14.2, 0.14.3, etc) to work back in the content present in the RPGMaker version. When we go to 0.15 then that will signify that most of the content and storyline is brand new.
Thank you again for your support and your patience while we're working through the transition. Hopefully the hard part is behind us.
  • Thank yo
------------------------------------------------
also I dont know if anyone will find this relevant, but here's something the dev putted on a reply in the post that shed some light on what's happening behind the scene:

Thanks for the feedback. I understand where you're coming from, somewhat. We lost one of our main team members when we were coding in RPG Maker MV and trying to have a more random story with multiple branches started to be come problematic when we tried to continue. The lack of communication is totally on me, as we struggled to get the wind back in our sails and continue on. I wanted to avoid any ‘woe is us’ posts because the behind the scenes drama is really irrelevant.

As for similarities in the UI there were certain things we saw starting out and we enjoyed how those games played out. Most Twine games have a similar feel, and as we code a combat system the feeling was why wait another 3+ months when we’re getting pinged constantly behind the scenes when the next release will be out. The content and story is entirely original, especially the graphics and animations, and we’re introducing our own concepts and code as we do further development. This is really the first alpha release of a game undergoing re-design, and instead of letting the perfect be the enemy of the good, we decided to move ahead with what we had for this month. I get the irritation, but not sure the boycott request is fair.

There are some cool design elements we like in other games, but we’re not copying and pasting our code into someone else’s game, and that will be apparent the more releases that come out. We’re discussing your feedback and will make sure that we distinguish the play style of our game compared to the other releases out there.

Last edited:

LittleVexy

Jan 3, 2018
Tried playing v0.14.1

Wow.. Twine error tags everywhere. Nothing seems to be working... Image pack is broken too, the images are there but the game is linking to the wrong files.

It would be best to wait till all the porting from RPGM is completed.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Tried playing v0.14.1

Wow.. Twine error tags everywhere. Nothing seems to be working... Image pack is broken too, the images are there but the game is linking to the wrong files.

It would be best to wait till all the porting from RPGM is completed.
Thanks. will sit this one out then.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
I contributed on Patreon for a long time on this great game. But from what I can tell, there is nothing new and we still are not to the point of the story we were at 6 months ago. Why not hold off on "updates" until the you are back to the original game in terms of content, and then when you add to that, then that will be your update. I will gladly start supporting the game again when new stuff comes out.

chuma

Oct 3, 2017
RPGM -> HTML is very good, but so far there are a lot of errors and half of the links to the pictures are missing, it's impossible to play.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
Quite a few bugs in this release, some even content blocking.
ie:
- somewhat after the intro you end at the base of the stairwell with no choice of action
- no time advance when visiting barbara at home
- barbaras story does not advance to third step
- granny lins first massage repeats (there is a second one)
- no way to advance certain time steps (except napping which advances 2 steps)

fixed those (with napping now only advancing 1 time step) in the attached html if someone wants to play around.

There are still quite a few missing images, twine errors, empty passages etc.

While I'm happy about the change to html, 'borrowing' code from other html games does not fill me with confidence in the developer.

edit: included the save function 'fix'

Last edited:

Body_Hunter

Sep 30, 2018
Hi,

is it just here on my PC or are there tons of bugs, broken links and missing pics in the HTML version?

I like the story, but right now it feels so....unplayable...

Greetings

B

jackal1435

Jun 26, 2017
loading a save file does not work :/
I find the same. saving on browser or even saving to file then reloading the save comes up with an error "The save you're attempting to load is incompatible with the current game. Please download the latest version..Aborting."

2.00 star(s) 12 Votes