2.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Fushan

Donor
Respected User
Aug 12, 2016
I find the same. saving on browser or even saving to file then reloading the save comes up with an error "The save you're attempting to load is incompatible with the current game. Please download the latest version..Aborting."
yeah that is the problem i have. :(

Sabberlot23

Dec 14, 2017
I tryed to play it with crome but some of the images won't load, i couldn't even get to the same part with firefox ,the save system isn t working when i try to get my saves to another brower . So my question is do I need EDGE or for what browser was it written or do some of the images just don't work and this is "fine" and will be solved by a bugfix. The game told me the Images should all work at the beginnig.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
Hmm looks like some version variable was not set correctly for the save system to work. I removed the check in the attached html for those who want to play around. I can not be certain that this does not result in some errors but it seems to work. Also has my 'fixes' i mentioned in my previous post.

jackal1435

Jun 26, 2017
Hmm looks like some version variable was not set correctly for the save system to work. I removed the check in the attached html for those who want to play around. I can not be certain that this does not result in some errors but it seems to work. Also has my 'fixes' i mentioned in my previous post.
Yep that seems to fix it for me. loading save file works now

vhawkes

Feb 6, 2018
How long did it take you to fix this? I'm betting it didn't take more than half an hour all together if you're familiar with Westane's code.
Time must be real tight if the 'dev' couldn't set aside less than an hour to fix these glaring issues.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
How long did it take you to fix this? I'm betting it didn't take more than half an hour all together if you're familiar with Westane's code.
Time must be real tight if the 'dev' couldn't set aside less than an hour to fix these glaring issues.
Not really that familiar with Westane's code, just familiar with coding and searching for errors.

Took about 10 minutes to fix the loading bug. Most were used to find a reason why a check of version > 5 was done at all, before I gave up and just removed the code and tried to load a save. Think it's a leftover of some other game.

The other stuff was done quickly while trying to play. I would stumble upon a bug, search for a text line from the scene in the html and look for a bug closeby.

Reactions: vhawkes

Jef17904

Dec 28, 2018
I can understand to update a game itself. What I can't understand is getting out a game with so many bugs and incomplete most of the choices don't work, or give an error,... So work your game before putting it in here.

triggerp

Aug 21, 2019
I tryed to play it with crome but some of the images won't load, i couldn't even get to the same part with firefox ,the save system isn t working when i try to get my saves to another brower . So my question is do I need EDGE or for what browser was it written or do some of the images just don't work and this is "fine" and will be solved by a bugfix. The game told me the Images should all work at the beginnig.
It seems that some of images aren't in the folders.

Reactions: Sabberlot23

metuta1234

Nov 12, 2017
from patreon:

14.12 Bugfix

We're attempting to address immediate concerns with this release and will post a longer development post later on.
Some key notes:
  • Integrated the Gotham City Map from MV which is clickable. If you can't click a named area then it hasn't been opened up yet. Stargirls Apartment is one example.
  • A lot of backend code was modified or removed. This included reverting to the 5 time intervals that were in MV vs the 7 in the previous release.
  • Some dialogue was added in as well as the chance to receive the necklace based on choices you made in the prologue.
  • You can grope Allison at night now.
  • Clothing system being reworked. You can see what your character is wearing on the side now in the meantime.
  • Missing images were added in, probably still a few out there but shouldn't be any important content, just scenery/background images.
  • You shouldn't get stuck in a room anymore. While testing earlier on, we noticed, very rarely, some of the code didn't seem to fully load which caused a blank screen. Happened maybe 2 or 3 times, couldn't replicate, but if you do get stuck use the back button within the Twine game to go back and do something else.
  • Want to reiterate that we took out and moved a ton of stuff. 14.13 which we're currently working on is changing even more. This will be buggy so if you want a more stable release please hold off, but it will be better than the last release ;)
Thanks again for your support.

rubyjoan

Jan 1, 2018
the game in html might be a good idea. i will wait till a better playable version. but the dominant path red wolf has disapeared ?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Updated OP. Did not promote since it's still needing fixes and it's been a day.

radical686

Nov 30, 2018
Hi,

is it just here on my PC or are there tons of bugs, broken links and missing pics in the HTML version?

I like the story, but right now it feels so....unplayable...

Greetings

B
similar problem. Some of the broken links should be easy to fix. Listed as jpg rather than png files. Error messages and broken content a little harder to fix.

Botopa

Aug 18, 2018
from patreon:

14.12 Bugfix

We're attempting to address immediate concerns with this release and will post a longer development post later on.
Some key notes:
  • Integrated the Gotham City Map from MV which is clickable. If you can't click a named area then it hasn't been opened up yet. Stargirls Apartment is one example.
  • A lot of backend code was modified or removed. This included reverting to the 5 time intervals that were in MV vs the 7 in the previous release.
  • Some dialogue was added in as well as the chance to receive the necklace based on choices you made in the prologue.
  • You can grope Allison at night now.
  • Clothing system being reworked. You can see what your character is wearing on the side now in the meantime.
  • Missing images were added in, probably still a few out there but shouldn't be any important content, just scenery/background images.
  • You shouldn't get stuck in a room anymore. While testing earlier on, we noticed, very rarely, some of the code didn't seem to fully load which caused a blank screen. Happened maybe 2 or 3 times, couldn't replicate, but if you do get stuck use the back button within the Twine game to go back and do something else.
  • Want to reiterate that we took out and moved a ton of stuff. 14.13 which we're currently working on is changing even more. This will be buggy so if you want a more stable release please hold off, but it will be better than the last release ;)
Thanks again for your support.
Still a lot of bugs in this version. You still get stuck on friday september 1st afternoon, went a little further into checking why and it's probably because after you use the cream (and get smeared yourself) you "go to bed" which advances 2 timeslots (brings you to september 1st morning) but only gets you to your room with the only option being going to bed again with another 2 steps in time. So either the 1st step should be "go to your room" with 0 steps or it should simply skip the 2nd.

Another thing i noticed is that sometimes a link shows time advances but wont actually do so and sometimes no time advances are shown but you still get some. Probably because showing them and doing them need to be added independently, probably would be better to turn that into a function/widget/whatever which takes the text, link, timesteps, other and generates a Twine link with all necessary info, but meh, not my game.

Not going to fix this one, I'll wait a week or so and hope a better version will be released.

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
Game is broken for me.

" It's currently Saturday, Afternoon.You're upstairs in the hallway outside of your room. "

this is all i get, with the static picture above, no options to click anything or move anywhere.

also there were a couple broken images earlier, and OFTEN the dailogue would say $.playernamefirst.enter or something instead of just saying your name.

edit - i want to add that i am a huge fan of this games concept and style, and i think if executed correctly this new .html format could be a huge success for it.

edit #2 - i tried to view some of the images, and one that is supposedly .jpg could only be viewed when i convert to .png, so that might be the cause of some missing content?

Ob Nixillis

Aug 1, 2017
Well twine can't be worse than RPGM

plays twine version

I'm beginning to suspect the dev's strengths are as an "idea guy" not a "make a functioning product guy"

NSFWBabe

Jul 11, 2018
well, anyone who's played it will instantly realize that this port to html is directly based on The Company's architecture. Not that i am complaining, but people don't seem to be too pleased with it and there seem to be quite a lot of bugs.

really hoping this games pans out because i loved the idea of this game and wish to see it succeed!!

elm0

Oct 21, 2018
when i try to open the game it gives me a fatal error. It says no valid storege adapter found. Is this a game bug or a problem with my browser?
booth. looks like author have no idea how to use localstorage and its crowded this crapy "save". i recomend delete any save that "great" game, cuz u perhaps cnt save in another normal html game, cuz localstorage is full.

2.00 star(s) 12 Votes