3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
What is the game where the cameo couple is arguing with a theater employee?
Edit: (I mean the couple from another game make a cameo in this one at the movie theater, where the employee is hitting on the woman with her very capable boyfriend right there)
I believe that might be the same that a 10 yr old ran away from home, only to be trained by a martial arts master.
IF NOT then both games would be great to know, please.

Last edited:

tanmay4317

May 5, 2017
can't figure out what going on...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 278, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 282, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
TypeError: clear() takes at most 1 positional argument (2 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
python:
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\game.py", line 346, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 938, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
python hide:
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4090, in interact_core
pygame.event.clear([REDRAW])
File "src/pygame_sdl2/event.pyx", line 408, in pygame_sdl2.event.clear

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE 1.9.0
Tue May 28 12:04:24 2024

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
can't figure out what going on...

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python:
python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 660, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 146, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
context.run()
python:
python:
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\game.py", line 346, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
context.run()
python hide:
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "E:\Games\alex\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4090, in interact_core
pygame.event.clear([REDRAW])
File "src/pygame_sdl2/event.pyx", line 408, in pygame_sdl2.event.clear

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE 1.9.0
Tue May 28 12:04:24 2024
well it seems like you either have a wrong patch that breaks the gamestart or a outdated mod but my guess is a wrong incest patch that is not from this gameversion.
or you trying to start season 1 in i dunno season 2 folder???
that both seasons are standalones,they are not comatible with each other.

delete all and make a fresh install then apply the right patch or mod

Last edited:

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Vicky and Jensen from Retrieving the Past game by the same dev do make a cameo in Alternate game in the theater. Not sure about the 10yr old getting martial arts part.

Edit: (I mean the couple from another game make a cameo in this one at the movie theater, where the employee is hitting on the woman with her very capable boyfriend right there)
I believe that might be the same that a 10 yr old ran away from home, only to be trained by a martial arts master.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 7empest5teele

tanmay4317

May 5, 2017
well it seems like you either have a wrong patch that breaks the gamestart or a outdated mod but my guess is a wrong incest patch that is not from this gameversion.
or you trying to start season 1 in i dunno season 2 folder???
that both seasons are standalones,they are not comatible with each other.

delete all and make a fresh install then apply the right patch or mod
i din't install or patch anything. just downloaded the game and launched it. the same kind of error occuring in a few other games also. now i'm getting a different error.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Vicky and Jensen from Retrieving the Past game by the same dev do make a cameo in Alternate game in the theater. Not sure about the 10yr old getting martial arts part.
Retrieving the Past is about the MC being a former military turned Security Company owner I believe, yeah that project is done and I remember a fair bit of it.
Thank you for the clarity, now I have to find that other game I mentioned since it fell along the same lines as RtP.

Reactions: Firebeast

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
i din't install or patch anything. just downloaded the game and launched it. the same kind of error occuring in a few other games also. now i'm getting a different error.
well i am no renpy expert by any means,because that type of problem has never happened to me before.
have you tried it on a different volume???
have you tried it starting the game only in E:\Games or only on E:\AlternateExistence-1.9.0-pc ??
sure that the downloaded file while extracting has no errors???
you sure that is the windows version you are trying to start??

Last edited:

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
You getting errors in other games, how solid is your internet? I am thinking maybe when dowloading some of the games it doesnt download as it should?

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Isnt the other game maybe "Live to fight" ?

Retrieving the Past is about the MC being a former military turned Security Company owner I believe, yeah that project is done and I remember a fair bit of it.
Thank you for the clarity, now I have to find that other game I mentioned since it fell along the same lines as RtP.

tanmay4317

May 5, 2017
You getting errors in other games, how solid is your internet? I am thinking maybe when dowloading some of the games it doesnt download as it should?
i usually don't face any problem with the internet but recently it seems all the files i download are smaller than it show on the servers. does anyone know the reason? and i notice the 64x version crashes but the 86x/ 32bit versions still runs for some games . i'm using windows X and everything was fine before but this problem started in the last couple of months.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Could be an update for Win10 that may be causing the issue? But you will have to ask your internet service provider to check their side.

You can open command prompt in Administrator mode then do
sfc /scannow
this will check Windows for any errors. There are other command line command you can run, like DISM etc.
The 64x not working is an issue.

i usually don't face any problem with the internet but recently it seems all the files i download are smaller than it show on the servers. does anyone know the reason? and i notice the 64x version crashes but the 86x/ 32bit versions still runs for some games . i'm using windows X and everything was fine before but this problem started in the last couple of months.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
go ask at recommendations.

use jdownloader to dl files, even if you get 5+ secs interrupts files will be dl'd eventully.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
it indeed sounds like an internet connection problem when the downloaded files are smaller than shown on the server.
usually the downloaded files are larger than shown on the server.
if that is the case your downloaded files should have a lot of crc errors while extracting.
does that happen with every file you are downloading that they are smaller that shown on the server??

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
That is because the servers do NOT report the correct file size, the correct file size gets reported once you start downloading it. You can see each file host in the OP reports each file (even though exact same) different sizes.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
that was the first season of Alternate Existence when the MC goes to the movie theater to watch a movie he sees Jensen and Victoria and there you have your crossover from Retrieving the past Mr.Knobbs last game.

happens at the beginning of the game after MC moves in with Anne.

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Gotta say, the game lost me a bit with the SF plot. And MC acts quite weird leaving everything behind without even an attempt to inform anybody, supposedly people he cares for a lot.

Reactions: MrD812

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Gotta say, the game lost me a bit with the SF plot. And MC acts quite weird leaving everything behind without even an attempt to inform anybody, supposedly people he cares for a lot.
well there was a small dialogue where it was mentioned that the girls at earth got a "phone Call" that the Mc will be away for some time or something like that ^^

Reactions: Firebeast

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
I just have just feeling that MC is drawn towards his alien lineage and he subconsciously can't really say no. Hopefully it will be mentioned or something in future as he did just leave out of curiosity.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
You do realize that not every female in a VN have to be a LI right? In that case it was the MC's family, nothing else. In this game it's different obviously
It's a waste of render-time to add fem characters who won't be LIs. Don't they have texture-less stock models just for extra characters who don't serve any purpose but story bloat?

• Angry
Reactions: S1nsational
3.50 star(s) 90 Votes