3.50 star(s) 90 Votes
Jun 1, 2017
Please indicate to me in my comment below where i said i cannot make chioceable game?
As for waste of time rendering, the skippable choice for Anne sex and the changes to the Samara sex part i did after all renders were done. The scenes were created without choices for a reason. I chose to change them due to demand from you guys.
Man, I appreciate you very much for your hard work in trying to make people happy. But try to be strong and don't give in to these whining people who think they know better than you how to write and make a game. I really liked RTP and I was looking forward to this new game, so please make it the way you know it and not how others want it to be and if they are better let them make their own game after their desires and fetishes. Be true be you, dont let them to make you change your game.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
People playing the game won't think what might happen in 2 years, but what they just saw and the "premature" harem tag didn't help here. Going into a game with harem/incest/romance tags, you don't expect that the voyeurism part will be the MC watching other people fucking the girls, but something like that scene with Anne in the shower.

Like I said before (but the mods apparently didn't like that comment...) the devs should keep in mind that the fact they know what's going to happen down the road, might make them see things in a different way than some of the players. Let's say that there won't be any more voyeur scenes in the future. No reason for anyone to be bothered by something that might be even less than 5% of the game's sexual content, right? For the player though that was 100% for the first release and just dropped to 67% after the second one.
But with the same coin I could say, that if you didn't like it and saw the warning then you could wait and not play the game while it only have 2 updates. Let's say I knew I hated voyeur with a burning passion, and saw that warning(which partly why I didn't play the first release in the first place as I do prefer the mc to be involved), so I would wait for the game to have more content before playing instead yelling at the dev for something that I choose to do.

I think that also something people are missing, you don't have to play the first release of every game. And if you see a warning about a certain content, maybe you should take a moment and think... "should I try it now?" or "wait for more content is there so I could make a more fair assessment about whether the "warning is right"?" people are not dumb animals, and I'm sure they could figure out that based on the story(for the people who did play it), it makes sense that the voyeur would be early in the game.

Unless of course you'll rather the mc sex scene would be put aside later in the story once he actually grow more balls to invite girls to be with him? that content is going to be in anyway, so where do you want it? early, mid or late? I'll take early to get it out of the "system" as they say. And slowly let the mc take more and more control and space in the story.

vultron

May 19, 2018
LOL the MC could have told her to fuck off, and that would have ended the game! ;)
He basically did multiple times until he lost his apartment which I suspect was her pulling strings considering she is wealthy and probably influential.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Agreed, if I'm not mistaken she already worked 7 years for Anne (at the start game of the game) and still quite young, so you'd think she can speak at least "proper" English (assuming she's originally from Japan/other country) if not fluent...

For real, If there was a choice to really decline her offer I would have chose it lol. Who knows what other requests she might have... sadly this is not real life so you can defy logic.
Hopefully you get some options later to ruin her life because she really does seems like trash maybe learn about her sexual activities and publicly expose her which would probably ruin her career.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
He basically did multiple times until he lost his apartment which I suspect was her pulling strings considering she is wealthy and probably influential.
The MC seems to think so too, but the dev has clarified upstream that she's not behind his eviction.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
But with the same coin I could say, that if you didn't like it and saw the warning then you could wait and not play the game while it only have 2 updates. Let's say I knew I hated voyeur with a burning passion, and saw that warning(which partly why I didn't play the first release in the first place as I do prefer the mc to be involved), so I would wait for the game to have more content before playing instead yelling at the dev for something that I choose to do.

I think that also something people are missing, you don't have to play the first release of every game. And if you see a warning about a certain content, maybe you should take a moment and think... "should I try it now?" or "wait for more content is there so I could make a more fair assessment about whether the "warning is right"?" people are not dumb animals, and I'm sure they could figure out that based on the story(for the people who did play it), it makes sense that the voyeur would be early in the game.

Unless of course you'll rather the mc sex scene would be put aside later in the story once he actually grow more balls to invite girls to be with him? that content is going to be in anyway, so where do you want it? early, mid or late? I'll take early to get it out of the "system" as they say. And slowly let the mc take more and more control and space in the story.
I'm pretty sure the warning was added after some people complained and even now it's easy to miss it. It would probably be better if it was over the download links and not below them. If you're asking me, personally I wouldn't want it anywhere, because it doesn't add anything to the story. I already knew Samara had a boyfriend and they fuck for instance. Seeing it, didn't add anything but annoyance to me. The same goes for dream sequences and fantasies, even if they are the MC's. If we were talking about a fuck fest type of game sure, the devs should knock themselves out with pointless sex scenes, but in a story driven game/VN I prefer no sex scenes at all, than forced/unneeded ones. Sex scenes from the first release are usually appreciated (depending on the context), we are talking about adult games after all, but they are not necessary, especially when they're obviously there just for the sake of it.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
I'm pretty sure the warning was added after some people compained and even now it's easy to miss it. It would probably be better if it was over the download links and not below them. If you're asking me, personally I wouldn't want it anywhere, because it doesn't add anything to the story. I already knew Samara had a boyfriend and they fuck for instance. Seeing it, didn't add anything but annoyance to me. The same goes for dream sequences and fantasies, even if they are the MC's. If we were talking about a fuck fest type of game sure, the devs should knock themselves out with pointless sex scenes, but in a story driven game/VN I prefer no sex scenes at all, than forced/unneeded ones. Sex scenes from the first release are usually appreciated (depending on the context), we are talking about adult games after all, but they are not necessary, especially when they're obviously there just for the sake of it.
and if you had to answer the question I did ask? what would be your answer? because like I said, it's going to be there. So where do you want it? early, mid or late?

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
and if you had to answer the question I did ask? what would be your answer? because like I said, it's going to be there. So where do you want it? early, mid or late?
I already answered. Nowhere. Those scenes added nothing, so they would have bothered me the same no matter where they were. If you want an answer anyway, I guess that since they would still be with someone the MC hadn't bang yet, it might have been less annoying for me somewhere later on, when they wouldn't be the majority of the sexual content of the game.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I am a little irritated with players (not you per se) who doesnt like AE or RTP and keep badgering me and those who like the game(s) that its shit and this or that must happen. To those who do not like it, please move on towards other games and leave us who are invested in AE alone.

To be honest... sigh, im pretty tired of trying to explain my vision for AE.
Then dont and just ignore. (y) just make the game like you invisioned this is your game you make the rules no one else.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I am a little irritated with players (not you per se) who doesnt like AE or RTP and keep badgering me and those who like the game(s) that its shit and this or that must happen. To those who do not like it, please move on towards other games and leave us who are invested in AE alone.

To be honest... sigh, im pretty tired of trying to explain my vision for AE.
Then for the love of god stop! You don't owe ANYONE an explanation of your vision. People who continue to point out the same "problems"(as perceived in their fantasy world) in a game should just go to ignore!

You have made one excellent game and of are of to a very promising start with this one, take the win ;)

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
My favorite in Depraved Awakening is Carli, now she is a prostitute but we never see her get it on with a costumer other than MC in the early part of the VN. Despite being a prostitue she has never talked about other costumers or sex tales with them to MC. Honestly I don't care that she is a prostitute and probably getting it on with others while she is not currently on scenes, the only deal breaker for me would have been if we saw her having sex with other costumers or retelling sex stories of her past costumers, the story unfolds and she is one of the sweetest LI I have ever seen in all adult VNs. Philly also has another "prostitute" like character in his newer VN, it is implied she has had sex with others for business purposes yet we neither see her getting railed by another guy but she is the most popular Love Interest (I think) in City of Broken Dreamers.

Honestly the early parts of this VN's sex scenes feel like its just thrown to the Player for fanservice (in similar fashion like fanservice tropes in animes).

BTW many people don't mind Love Interest having a sex life before and outside of MC as long as we don't see it (you know like Real Life), also I don't like the way some people mock others like their sexual interests are High standard and should be imitated, IRL I find it weird when people suggest to a female virgin to fuck around and instantly shaming the "finding the one" approach IMO both are viable but to shame the others just because you like to sleep around is BS and immature. Just let a person leave their disgruntled comments and just report the ones that include insults to certain fans of kinks and/or the dev.

Are the comments really a fucking suprise with most people coming from RTP? And we know what goes on with RTP.
It’s funny you present the “real life” argument. In my early adult life, I lived with male roommates and the sex acts I saw and heard haunt me to this day. I can also think of a few occasions coming out of college parties and night clubs in my younger days when I witnessed public sex acts, including one of my roommates getting a blowjob. But in “real life”, one thing I never saw was a bevy of beautiful 23-year-old virgin girls who only started masturbating for the first time when they got a glance at my magical dick, and thus willingly submitted to being in my harem. Surprisingly, that didn’t happen to my roommate either, and he was a player.

It's not my intention to mock anyone. I enjoy several WVM style harem games myself. I just like variety, that's all. I'd prefer if Mr. Knobb's games don't look exactly like Braindrop's games.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
Then for the love of god stop! You don't owe ANYONE an explanation of your vision. People who continue to point out the same "problems"(as perceived in their fantasy world) in a game should just go to ignore!

You have made one excellent game and of are of to a very promising start with this one, take the win ;)
yep, MrKnobb you did a good job explaining in game a lot of why some action take place and at the end of the day some people would just read into differently, and you can't really help it, that's just how any art or story goes.

You can't change people minds, sometimes because they simply don't want to change, or sometimes they just want to argue and some they do want to understand but it's rare on this forum.

You did already changed the things that bother some people, but you know at the end of the day the things you love to make. And yes, it would cause some uproar(here at least) but try to pay attention to the people who criticize is for something other then a quick reactionary feeling as it's just too prevalent in this forum.

From people immediately hating on any women who mistreat an mc, to a fetish they simply don't like. You can't fight it, at best you can give them the "skip", but beyond that you'll just be pulled in to many different directions while listening to the waves of people coming and asking you to change something.

As you said, you aren't going to split the game paths like crazy and it's going to be fairly linear. You can't do more then that, because people will always want more.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
i liked retrieving the past so its really enjoyable to see those lovely ladies again and even being able to romance some of them..
this mysterious power that make women be attracted to MC even over the phone is also along the lines of what we had with jensen..
a bit of a shame to be splitting up the ladies so early on, hope we can get to play with the ones we didnt pick this chapter in the next ones and not be set to those we picked now and thats it... besides even more new girls that is..
i look forward to see where you take this! :love:

introvtx

May 6, 2017
Hopefully you get some options later to ruin her life because she really does seems like trash maybe learn about her sexual activities and publicly expose her which would probably ruin her career.
Seems quite extreme too me, we still don't know what her real angle is, might just be she hates a freeloader seeing she runs a successful company. Also the game have harem tag so I doubt there will be.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
So in this game you watch potential love interests getting fucked by others? And it's a harem game? Interesting... Yeah probably one of those 'you are not in a relationship yet so no ntr' thingy right? :ROFLMAO: Honestly I hate voyeur scenes so much. They are meaningless and when the potential love interest getting fucked, the only purpose is annoy the players maybe other than ntr fans. It's kinda like one or two step before cuckold in my opinion. Are there many voyeur scenes in the game? Like are there more scenes where mc watching other people fuck than mc fucking the girls?

Last edited:

pochops

Jul 4, 2020
Side note speaking of diversity in games,big props to MrKnobb for having a racially diverse group of females..

Also,dude noones forcing you to read the complaints. And honestly most of the thread is people discussing what they like and didn't like about a game.

Which Is the point of the forum. Like there's several things I'm very critical about in this game,yet I still support the dev on Patreon.
Just joined the $10 tier on Patreon. I usually prefer to support less established developers. But Osamabeenfappin's post about diversity pushed me over the edge to pledge. All the women in the game are beautiful, but Alternate Existence has the three most gorgeous black women I've seen in any game.

3.50 star(s) 90 Votes