3.50 star(s) 90 Votes

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Are you guys not seeing the Narrator text in between scenes? It's timed.

eg. "20 Minutes Later -- You arrive at the house" for instance?

Try to have sex with no one, the jumping around gets worse and makes less sense in some parts.
I guess that happens when scenes are skipped instead of fleshed out.

I'm not saying the game is bad or that the story is not interesting, quite the opposite but the last game had better quality. ^^

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Are you guys not seeing the Narrator text in between scenes? It's timed.

eg. "20 Minutes Later -- You arrive at the house" for instance?
Yeah, but in some places, there is not.
An example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Technically there is nothing wrong because Gabi is skipped but the jump from University (day) to naked in bed (night) is quite big and the Narrator is not there.
It's just some small critic, I like your game. :)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Then that is the patch... here let me show you the code as i have it. Can anyone else confirm this is not showing up when playing the non patched version?

or Redlolilipop

download the game again and just copy over your saves, then try again. let me know waht you find. I believe the patch consists of 3 files, so rather use the non edited version. Once that work let Scotpilgram767 or such know as he is doing the patch file.

This is in game myside...

ALSO dont ever feel that you shouldnt' inform me of any errors, pls do. Ill always see if its something that can be fixed.
Another thing i notice your font is different for the name and the text??? did you change anything ? That is the default font used... its suppose to look like this

1625327658996.png

Yeah, but in some places, there is not.
An example:

Technically there is nothing wrong because Gabi is skipped but the jump from University (day) to naked in bed (night) is quite big and the Narrator is not there.
It's just some small critic, I like your game. :)

Last edited:

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
Then that is the patch... here let me show you the code as i have it. Can anyone else confirm this is not showing up when playing the non patched version?

or Redlolilipop

download the game again and just copy over your saves, then try again. let me know waht you find. I believe the patch consists of 3 files, so rather use the non edited version. Once that work let Scotpilgram767 or such know as he is doing the patch file.

This is in game myside...

ALSO dont ever feel that you shouldnt' inform me of any errors, pls do. Ill always see if its something that can be fixed.
Another thing i notice your font is different for the name and the text??? did you change anything ? That is the default font used... its suppose to look like this

View attachment 1278789
Oh Lord, that's embarrassing. :FacePalm:
Forget I have said something. Yes, this was with one of the none working patches.
Thank you for your time. ^^

Irad

Apr 10, 2020
1625338016981.png
... I don't know dude, I really don't.

Nice renders, but there's something consistently off about the interactions. I don't expect (or want) some edgelord angry-boi, but couldn't there at least be the option to not obediently go to the closet just 'cuz this one rando rude chick said to?

Also the earlier interaction with Andrea and Tania:
1625338175473.png
Just... cringeworthy. Don't care if you think this MC, but don't use the outside voice for it, yea?

Reactions: ben_sylar

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Not a problem... just something to fix is all... Let me speak to the patch dude, im sure it's easy to fix.

By the way, have you downloaded latest patch version?

Oh Lord, that's embarrassing. :FacePalm:
Forget I have said something. Yes, this was with one of the none working patches.
Thank you for your time. ^^

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
For sure, its only the transition that is out of sync... You've seen my posts that is what its suppose to say otherwise everything else is the same.

I think I got the v3.0, so it could already be fixed.
Didn't saw a need to try the newest version, the story stays the same besides the relationship changes. ^^

Reactions: HorizonD

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
Okay I think I see the problem. I don't think it's the patch. I just did a clean install /w patch and it worked fine. BUT if you mess with the settings:skip:transitions that's when the shit goes south. It skips MANY(but not all) of those scenes transition narration screens and even some other weird stuff. Like in the scene where Bradley headbutts the MC it skips the actual headbutt and goes straight from 'Not until yo-...' to the MC's nose bleeding. Or when Amber does her 'BOOOOOOO' it skips that and goes straight to 'Ha! Got you!'

So since I assume I messed with that setting MrKnobb it's on me. The game makes so much more sense now. Which helps with a good bit of my confusion. Like I said in a previous post I've played Retrieving the Past so I knew the dev knew how to tell a story so I couldn't understand why this game seemed so jumpy. Turns out it was something I did.

So once again dev, my bad.

Oh and bring back Honey's pubes. Also, the Aunt's story still seems pretty sketch. And on the save pages it doesn't advance the page number past 9 so you can't see what page you are on past that.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
No worries, just happy its working now. I had someone else put that skip/transition thing on off and it made no difference he said. Happy it worked for you...

As for HOney's pubes... she shaved it for MC but.. if MC wants it back...

Let me get more votes on it, off or on ?

I know what you want... them pubes.

You say you cant save past page 9? Ill look into it.

Okay I think I see the problem. I don't think it's the patch. I just did a clean install /w patch and it worked fine. BUT if you mess with the settings:skip:transitions that's when the shit goes south. It skips MANY(but not all) of those scenes transition narration screens and even some other weird stuff. Like in the scene where Bradley headbutts the MC it skips the actual headbutt and goes straight from 'Not until yo-...' to the MC's nose bleeding. Or when Amber does her 'BOOOOOOO' it skips that and goes straight to 'Ha! Got you!'

So since I assume I messed with that setting MrKnobb it's on me. The game makes so much more sense now. Which helps with a good bit of my confusion. Like I said in a previous post I've played Retrieving the Past so I knew the dev knew how to tell a story so I couldn't understand why this game seemed so jumpy. Turns out it was something I did.

So once again dev, my bad.

Oh and bring back Honey's pubes. Also, the Aunt's story still seems pretty sketch. And on the save pages it doesn't advance the page number past 9 so you can't see what page you are on past that.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
For sure, its only the transition that is out of sync... You've seen my posts that is what its suppose to say otherwise everything else is the same.
I'm not getting transitions too. "Skip transitions" is off in settings, can't remember messing with that setting before.

Found a typo in "Transitions.rpy", where it says define disslove = Dissolve(0.5), but fixing that doesn't correct the issue. Don't know what's happening. Gonna try a clean install later.

Jonny Skull

Aug 7, 2017
No worries, just happy its working now. I had someone else put that skip/transition thing on off and it made no difference he said. Happy it worked for you...
Well, it was absolutely my problem. In fact, I can load a scene like the headbutt and flip skip/transitions the headbutt disappears then roll it back, flip the skip/transitions back and the headbutt happens again. Same with many(not all) of the 'You head to the university' or '5 minutes later' type screens. One way they are there the other skips them. It made the game seem very haphazard. Like I said I knew you knew how to tell a story so I was a bit gobsmacked by how weird it all felt. Glad to see it was on my end.

You say you cant save past page 9? Ill look into it.
You can save past page 9. It just doesn't show what page you are on past 9. Like most games will say Page 10 or Page 17 or something like that. It's not a biggie I was just mentioning it.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Geez you giving me valuable input here... So thank you.

Ill see what can be done to a fix below. The transition part i believe if i take out the pause(2.0) and just make it a pause so that you have to click that is the best option... I change this now for all episodes and going forward. I believe somehow it speeds up that pause part and doesn't stop and do it's own timing.

As for past page 9 showing the numbering let me see what's up with that...

EDIT: Ive decided to only "show" up to page 20(19) visible... If i add more it will throw the design out completely... So basically its working jsut not showing you any visible number ranges past 20..

1625395060040.png

Well, it was absolutely my problem. In fact, I can load a scene like the headbutt and flip skip/transitions the headbutt disappears then roll it back, flip the skip/transitions back and the headbutt happens again. Same with many(not all) of the 'You head to the university' or '5 minutes later' type screens. One way they are there the other skips them. It made the game seem very haphazard. Like I said I knew you knew how to tell a story so I was a bit gobsmacked by how weird it all felt. Glad to see it was on my end.

You can save past page 9. It just doesn't show what page you are on past 9. Like most games will say Page 10 or Page 17 or something like that. It's not a biggie I was just mentioning it.

Last edited:

Scyths

Mar 18, 2019
Is there a point system in this game ? I have absolutely no idea if my choices even matter ?

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
I saw that on the Andrea/Charmane path there's no kiss between the MC and Andrea in the dojo scene. Is that intentional or is it a bug?

3.50 star(s) 90 Votes