kul2iko

Sep 7, 2018
I can start Kami no Rhapsody but Amayui i cant start .,It same requirement right?
What should i do ?

Feb 24, 2019
Downloaded the game, but cant start it because the start menu isnt in English. Tried opening other files with app ext but I get an error in Japanese for all of them. Looks like an interesting game..

P.S left an honest review of the game but apparently thats not allowed.

Leonhardt

Jun 22, 2017
Libel and slander!

Both Gameplay and Story are sh*t! Even Amayui borrows story 'elements' (bullsh*t) from Ikusa Megami, namely Arbitrary Magical Madness and Mind Control (AMMMC) which Kamidori (and Rhapsody) avoids and Arterial has only in trace amounts. Ikusa Megami has plenty of times where this BS is implemented, in each title, especially 0.
Sounds like, you just really don't like one story aspect and that spoiled the whole game for you. Which is fair, there have been shows that I hated just because I couldn't stand the main character for example, but everyone else loved it.
What I said earlier, I based on reading several forums, where people loved the IM games Madou Kakou and Arterial and had a meh opinion towards the other games (the pirate game was hated by a number of people for some reason).

I can only give my opinion on Kamidori and IM Zero because those are the two games that I have actually read, and I agree with the majority based on those. IM zero had an interesting main story that I couldn't put down and was invested in finishing. Kamidori on the other hand I started 3 times and it had a really meh main storyline (fun characters though). It's ok if you want to read a happy go lucky vanilla story, but it barely had any actually conflict that would make the story engaging and most was solved by the main charater immediately. Kami no Rapsody feels the same but didn't play through that one yet.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
It's a heavily edited one. I'm no expert but the translation seems pretty decent. Most sentences are natural and characters personalities shine through. I'd recommend at least giving it a try.
Even if its edited to hide the fact it is in fact machine translation, a lot would be lost between the lines. It would be fine enough to play through the game with little trouble or understanding in most areas, but I want to understand what was meant by the nuance in writing and intent, and that just will be lost. I think it deserved more than MTL even a heavily edited one, but this is the best that could be managed. Just wish Eushully translations got more than just MTL in most cases.

• Angry
Reactions: Kenora

Freddy4528

Feb 10, 2020
Having issues playing, probably need to do something in the config.bin file. The game starts, and seemingly gets to the main menu and plays music. I say seemingly because it minimizes each time I try to pull up the game, and the screen view I get before I click on the game on my taskbar shows the main menu.

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
Game keep crashing when i click either option or game start even though i follow the instruction and have instaled the japanese language package.Any help? i dont really want to miss this game

i have seen the tips in page 4 but it sill didnt work

edit: It seems like i can ply the game if its in japanese ,so something must have gone wrong in the english patch,but what is it

Last edited:

Wladi142

May 21, 2018
same for me, i get some kind of corrupted pop-up, with symbols and not even letters, neither english nor jap.

since some can play it just fine, i think i can rule out a corrupt file, but to be save i tried to download it from 3 different hosts, and get the same error.

anyone knows who i could try?

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
same for me, i get some kind of corrupted pop-up, with symbols and not even letters, neither english nor jap.

since some can play it just fine, i think i can rule out a corrupt file, but to be save i tried to download it from 3 different hosts, and get the same error.

anyone knows who i could try?
I dont really think you have the same problem with me, have you try open it with locale emulator?

zoltanar

Nov 7, 2017
Even if its edited to hide the fact it is in fact machine translation, a lot would be lost between the lines. It would be fine enough to play through the game with little trouble or understanding in most areas, but I want to understand what was meant by the nuance in writing and intent, and that just will be lost. I think it deserved more than MTL even a heavily edited one, but this is the best that could be managed. Just wish Eushully translations got more than just MTL in most cases.
Maybe you only want translations from fluent Japanese speakers but most fan translators are not fluent so you won't find that often.

The difference here is that most fan translation groups don't share much about their process so you wouldn't know whether they use machine translation in their process or not.
Depravity uses machine translation in his process, but that does not mean that he has no knowledge of the Japanese language, the conversations had in their Discord community show that he does.

Sure, there might be some wordplay and nuances that might be missed, but that would happen even if translated by a fluent speaker, because two languages can never be translated to each other perfectly.

Also, there have been some jokes and cultural references in the dialog, that have been translated well. The original text files are easy enough to get so you can always compare the translation to the original yourself, if you wish (of course you will need some Japanese skills to understand it in the first place).

TLDR;
The translation is fine.

4.10 star(s) 14 Votes