Clankyy

Aug 29, 2022
Yes, it is the same, what is your problem exactly? if it its the broken lines then it is the aspect ratio, just change it till u get the the smooth lines, window mode has distorted lines on me so fullscreen is the best, im just using magpie to enhance the graphics a bit
Thanks, I posted screenshots in one of the previous posts. The aspect ratio setting only changes whether the game is stretched to your screen. Due to having an ultrawide monitor, this just makes the image stretch.

As for magpie, i've never heard of it. I cant seem to find anything on Google- some more info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

injoker25

Apr 15, 2021
Thanks, I posted screenshots in one of the previous posts. The aspect ratio setting only changes whether the game is stretched to your screen. Due to having an ultrawide monitor, this just makes the image stretch.

As for magpie, i've never heard of it. I cant seem to find anything on Google- some more info would be appreciated.
try reading it here, when i tried this i cant go back anymore xD fullscreen always seems blurry to me

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
Please help, it does not run with the patch, and without the patch I can't read anything before it even starts the game.

Figarroo

Jun 10, 2018
i have picked the table that Figarroo posted and finished the table while translating the missing stuff and adding the missing chars etc... so this is a complete table with all the stuff the only change i made is the removal for the important items since you get them all over again in ng+ and are needed for certain events to trigger
Thanks for completing the table. This game is on hold for me until I have more free time.

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
Please help, it does not run with the patch, and without the patch I can't read anything before it even starts the game.
Someone on the Discord had this issue. Their fix was to carefully follow the install order, specifically by installing Append 1, which is pre-order DLC, before the official patch, which is a post-release patch meant to accompany Append 2.

LuciferFox

Dec 22, 2019
Anyone kind enough to help me solve my huge problem? I already install the Japanese Language pack and when I boot the game, it seems like I don't have it and I tried to switch the language and region to japan, but it still gives me the same error.

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
Anyone kind enough to help me solve my huge problem? I already install the Japanese Language pack and when I boot the game, it seems like I don't have it and I tried to switch the language and region to japan, but it still gives me the same error.
When you changed your system locale, did you enable the beta option to use Unicode UTF-8? If so, please uncheck that option.

Reactions: LuciferFox

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
I downloaded the "Win (Full)" link yesterday and... I'm confused now. Only checked till the main menu screen, but.

Conundrum A:

There are talks of the "complete English translation" patch from August, by Depravity, which is "not to be confused with MTL by Ars_Arcanum". Translator Notes suggest that the version I downloaded already has the complete translation patch installed. But then shouldn't it say "Fan Translation", instead of the "Edited MTL", in the OP?.. My question here is: which is it, the MTL one or the latest "complete" one.

Conundrum B:

Main menu screen says "Version 1.00.0000". And there are no per-usual for Eushully little append-confirming icons anywhere. Did I downloaded a well-translated but initial version of the game, with no Appends 1-2 nor Ver. 1.03? If so, how should one proceed about remedying the problem? Where can I get the Appends, Ver. 1.03 patch? What should I apply them on, the version I downloaded? And then the latest English patch on top? Or no, I need a raw Japanese version for all that?

If somehow such questions are frowned upon and there will be the "go read the 14 pages of comments, the explanation to all that is in there somewhere" answer - then I will do that, I guess.

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
Conundrum A:

There are talks of the "complete English translation" patch from August, by Depravity, which is "not to be confused with MTL by Ars_Arcanum". Translator Notes suggest that the version I downloaded already has the complete translation patch installed. But then shouldn't it say "Fan Translation", instead of the "Edited MTL", in the OP?.. My question here is: which is it, the MTL one or the latest "complete" one.
If you got the Complete Translation Patch link in the OP and followed the instructions to install that, you're good to go. If not, I strongly recommend doing it because I've been uploading text fixes since release that are probably not going to be tied to any pre-patched release (not to mention, said releases seem to have problems sometimes).

In any case, to answer your question, the translation is kind of both a fan translation and edited MTL in the sense that I personally worked to "translate" the game, but used machine translation as a significant part of the translation process. I wasn't entirely clueless on the Japanese this time around, but I still rely quite heavily on machine translation for my translation workflow. This is not to be confused with "machine-assisted" translation, which is a similar process actual translators sometimes use to streamline the translation process.

I also personally believe it is important to disclose that the translation patch is edited MTL so people know what they're getting into, even if it may cause some confusion. I further explain my translation process in , so hopefully that clears up the confusion.

Conundrum B:

Main menu screen says "Version 1.00.0000". And there are no per-usual for Eushully little append-confirming icons anywhere. Did I downloaded a well-translated but initial version of the game, with no Appends 1-2 nor Ver. 1.03? If so, how should one proceed about remedying the problem? Where can I get the Appends, Ver. 1.03 patch? What should I apply them on, the version I downloaded? And then the latest English patch on top? Or no, I need a raw Japanese version for all that?
If you aren't seeing the append icons, then you should indeed consider trying to install the raw Japanese version of the game. There is a readme inside of the Complete Edition Patch folder that should help provide instructions on how to install Version 1.03, the Appends, and the translation patch.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
If you got the Complete Translation Patch link in the OP and followed the instructions to install that, you're good to go. If not, I strongly recommend doing it because I've been uploading text fixes since release that are probably not going to be tied to any pre-patched release (not to mention, said releases seem to have problems sometimes).

In any case, to answer your question, the translation is kind of both a fan translation and edited MTL in the sense that I personally worked to "translate" the game, but used machine translation as a significant part of the translation process. I wasn't entirely clueless on the Japanese this time around, but I still rely quite heavily on machine translation for my translation workflow. This is not to be confused with "machine-assisted" translation, which is a similar process actual translators sometimes use to streamline the translation process.

I also personally believe it is important to disclose that the translation patch is edited MTL so people know what they're getting into, even if it may cause some confusion. I further explain my translation process in , so hopefully that clears up the confusion.

If you aren't seeing the append icons, then you should indeed consider trying to install the raw Japanese version of the game. There is a readme inside of the Complete Edition Patch folder that should help provide instructions on how to install Version 1.03, the Appends, and the translation patch.
I did as you suggested. "Had" to sacrifice the day-worth of in-game progress (not really had to, chose to rather, to ensure that I won't miss on new content by loading a save slot). Overall I think it was definitely worth it. Now the main menu shows everything as it should. "Skip read" also works in a fun way: seems like it skips the unaltered stuff I already saw, but stops when there are lines with updated translation/wording.

Overall thank you for the clarification AND, more importantly, for your noble work with the translation. The bit about translation methodology was interesting too.

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
how is the translation?
is it a complete one or is it partial?
also is it Machine-Translation or a actual good translation?

just finished "Amayui Castle-Meister" and i'd like to play this one as well.
if the translation is on the same-level, i'll definitely play it!

jpablogr

Sep 13, 2021
how is the translation?

just finished "Amayui Castle-Meister" and i'd like to play this one as well.
if the translation is on the same-level, i'll definitely play it!
This is actually a good translation, is the same person that translate the first game so is on the same level

Reactions: StratoSquir

Depravity

Jun 6, 2021
how is the translation?
It's a complete translation.

It being MTL doesn't automatically make it bad as I and others like Redbeard have proven. MTL is simply (a major part of) the translation process and the competence and effort of the person working on the patch matters a lot.

I personally believe that the overall translation accuracy is better for Labyrinth Meister than Castle Meister, but there are more simple mistakes.

Reactions: StratoSquir

StratoSquir

Jan 19, 2018
It's a complete translation.

It being MTL doesn't automatically make it bad as I and others like Redbeard have proven. MTL is simply (a major part of) the translation process and the competence and effort of the person working on the patch matters a lot.

I personally believe that the overall translation accuracy is better for Labyrinth Meister than Castle Meister, but there are more simple mistakes.
i've noticed another Eushully game has also been translated with a MTL, it's the card-game one (forgot it's name).
do you know if that one also has a good translation or not?

xenthian

Jun 29, 2017
Does anyone have a working cheat table or SSG for spoileral for the current version? I cant find any that work and the grind in these games makes me sad.

Reactions: Netan3
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote