3.60 star(s) 7 Votes
Feb 17, 2018
So far so good! (y) I noticed that although it is up v0.3, the game has already some decent content and it takes some time to play it. However from what i can see it take some time to release one update. About three months for each update. No pressure for the developer, but it would be great if it released updates more often.

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
I like the story, the renders, the animations... Only thing I dislike is the sandbox-crap. The game is pretty streamlined, no need for open-world mechanics. Why bother making the programming more complex? But considering the amount of content he puts into the updates, I'm willing to wait for quality-content. I personally think this guy has amazing talent. And that it's quite a shame he has so few patrons.

But the dude really needs to post status-updates.

Last message he gave on Patreon was "Sorry for the delay, I'll make a post regarding that tomorrow!". That was almost a week ago (2020-11-15)... no post was made.

Last game-update in July, then the poll for the possible removal of sandbox in august, followed by three straight months of complete and utter silence. That's disheartening.

*EDIT*
OK... dude almost died from CoViD. Now I feel bad.
BUT! He almost died in late October. So two-thirds of my statement about his quiet-time are still valid! :D

Last edited:

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
Thought I'd drop a note to the dev and everyone else monitoring this thread. Hopefully everyone is doing well and the dev has recovered from his illness. May you all have a Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays (whichever is more culturally appropriate) as well as peace, prosperity and well being in the coming year.

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
Is anyone one of powd's patrons that they can share what his last Patreon post in November was?

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
Is anyone one of powd's patrons that they can share what his last Patreon post in November was?

He got CoViD in October, it was so bad he had to be hospitalized, but is now recovered and working on the game.
Now, normally I would be unhappy about someone telling me "Sorry I was MIA for months, update in ~two weeks" and then going MIA for another month. But I know enough people whose lives got flipped by CoViD, so I'm not sure what to think.
My previous point stands again though... his no-updates-policy makes it hard to root for this guy.

Hello everyone,
I've been missing here for a while, and some of you are asking for updates, and with good reason. The fact is, at the end of october I got covid, and that really messed up the plans for the game. I honestly wasn't even sure if I was gonna survive, had to spend some days in the hospital. But doesn't matter now. I've recovered and I'm back to working on the game. Despite this fact, I'm also not happy with the pacing - I think the updates are taking too long, and I'll be aiming for much quicker updates from now on. Because of all the mess with this covid situation and also troubles with my employer, I've had a ton of headaches over this 0.4 version of Ambition, changing the sandbox and all. But I'll probably be able to release it sometime in mid-december. It's been a terribly long time since the last one, and I'm very sorry for that.
I appreciate each and every one of you who support me, and I will be able to work hard on the game once again.

Last edited:

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
Thanks, I was afraid he might have contracted Covid and that was what was causing the lack of notifications... was just a little worried is all. Thanks again... and if powd happens to read this, please take care. There are more important things in life than work, regardless of what the corporate world says...

evolved23

Jul 6, 2017
Can someone please post a picture on how the patch is meant to install?

I've tried overwriting the existing files in the game folder and just extracting to the TL folder as some of the posts here have said but I'm still not able to get it working.

thanks in advance.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Can someone please post a picture on how the patch is meant to install?

I've tried overwriting the existing files in the game folder and just extracting to the TL folder as some of the posts here have said but I'm still not able to get it working.

thanks in advance.
In the main game folder you will see a folder called game and in here is where you put all the files overwrite any that is needed.
You need to put the complete folder of the same name in for the game to see the patched content.

Unpack the patch and look inside you will see a folder called tl and there is one inside the game folder called the same thing and this is what needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
Hopefully the dev is doing all right. It was mentioned earlier he contracted Covid and then had work related issues that impacted his development. I hope he posts something either here or on his Patreon page by February 27 to avoid the Abandoned tag (at least that's my understanding of the 3 months of non-communication rule).

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
His Patreon account is still up and it indicates he has 16 patrons, so I'm guessing he's still working on it... Any of his Patrons able to throw us a bone on the game status or Discord chat rumors?

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
His Patreon account is still up and it indicates he has 16 patrons, so I'm guessing he's still working on it... Any of his Patrons able to throw us a bone on the game status or Discord chat rumors?
A dev's Patreon being up is (sadly) no indication for work being done. I cancelled my Support for him a few days ago, since I didn't see/read any Posts, messages or replies from him since November 15th 28th. I don't know if the mods can see whether he's being active on here... but as far as I know, he's been MIA for 4 months now. But I wasn't on any Discord with him, so I also don't know what you mean with "Discord chat rumors".

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicked Garden
3.60 star(s) 7 Votes