3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

powd

Game Developer
Oct 29, 2019
powd
Hey since you are here, I just wanted to expand a bit on the free roaming aspect that I touched on in my review.

Basically, it boils down to developmental resources and realistic delivery of product in a patreon model. Let's say we got a big team and no deadlines. A truly fleshed out world where you can go anywhere to see new scenes and events every time would be great. A sandbox that gives the player the freedom to interact with people as they see fit, where each interaction in each location tracks all variables, flags, and plot progression and responds accordingly. I'm sure that's what you had in mind originally.

The reality is that resources are finite and it's a monumental task to truly bring the sandbox elements to life in a game like this. When I say a game like this, I mean a story driven narrative which is what I consider this game. I've played some free roamers recently that was set up appropriately to play with free roaming in mind. Unlimited Pleasure is an example. That game doesn't really have a central plot. It's basically "go meet chicks in the town and raise your stats with them and fuck everyone." In this sort of set up, it makes sense to make a sandbox and let the players go explore. Tales of Terrera is super early in development and the world is literally empty with no where to go. But that game is set up as a RPG adventure. Exploration is a core game mechanic and it makes sense to make it a free roamer rather than VN. There is Void's calling which is also a fantasy RPGish set up. If we look at High Rise Climb, it also deals with climbing the corporate ladder, but it is framed as a life sim.

Maybe I am assuming too much about Ambition, but I don't see it as a gotta catchem all. Nor a life sim. Nor a RPG/adventure. It's quite simply a narrative/character driven story with a prominent core plot line. I say we are much better off focusing on the strengths here.

What would be the advantages of switching to VN? By definition, the pacing will improve dramatically. Immersion and cohesion in the story will improve as characters can react appropriately to what's happening in the core plot. But most importantly, the developmental cycle will improve I think. I'm not sure what the plan was, but having a vague goal of eventually padding out all the free roaming is a bit hard to deliver.

A patch note could look like this:
-Continuation of main plot.
-Promotion to head squad member
-Sex scene with Boss's son (jk lol)
-Added new jogging scene with Hailey

The jogging scene still just exists in a bubble in this case. And the interactions with sis is lagging behind the main plot. Are we to believe that she doesn't say anything about what's going on with the family? About MC's haircut. About the mom getting fired. Etc. Then after the jogging, we are back to sis in her room repeating her 2 lines.

In the end, you should ask yourself if you have the time to pad out the map, vastly increasing the event count for each room, getting rid of all the repeating dialogues, and rolling out satisfying updates? If not, I say VN is the way to go.
This is great. Thanks again. I'll be honest, when I first started this project I was a bit naive. I didn't know how much work it would ACTUALLY be. I had this vision of a game with so many things I now realize aren't possible for me to do with the tools I currently have.

In the end, you should ask yourself if you have the time to pad out the map, vastly increasing the event count for each room, getting rid of all the repeating dialogues, and rolling out satisfying updates? If not, I say VN is the way to go.
Even if I create 50 scenes in a single day (which is a lot to me) I would need about 2 weeks to render. So, it's not even about the time I have to make it, it's more about how my low-end PC can't handle much.

I don't wanna be releasing updates every 4 months. I hated how long it took from one version to another. The ideal scenario in my head is if I can make a middle ground between full free roam and full VN. I see the pros and cons of boths sides, so I know I'll have to compromise at least something from each. But I'm still thinking about what to do about that.

You guys are being very helpful though. I'm sure I'll be able to improve the game a lot thanks to that. Of course I know I can't please everyone - some people like some things and some people don't.

indyfordfan

May 13, 2018
This is great. Thanks again. I'll be honest, when I first started this project I was a bit naive. I didn't know how much work it would ACTUALLY be. I had this vision of a game with so many things I now realize aren't possible for me to do with the tools I currently have.

Even if I create 50 scenes in a single day (which is a lot to me) I would need about 2 weeks to render. So, it's not even about the time I have to make it, it's more about how my low-end PC can't handle much.

I don't wanna be releasing updates every 4 months. I hated how long it took from one version to another. The ideal scenario in my head is if I can make a middle ground between full free roam and full VN. I see the pros and cons of boths sides, so I know I'll have to compromise at least something from each. But I'm still thinking about what to do about that.

You guys are being very helpful though. I'm sure I'll be able to improve the game a lot thanks to that. Of course I know I can't please everyone - some people like some things and some people don't.
Thank you for reading our replies.
This is definitely one of the best games to download on F95.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry guys, but the patch works if you follow the instructions. You must be doing it wrong.

sister
sister.png

mom
mom.png

aunt
aunt.png

cousin
cousin.png

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
An interesting and rather original game , but a bit confusing, some things are inconsistent.
From memory (the game really interested me and I continued without noting the details):
We go to Marie's room and find Liz getting dressed...
Some events are repeated: the meeting with Jane in the library, some dialogues with Angie about the project ...
And the indications for the characters are not always correct:
I keep getting "Haley: I need to start working out" when I'm at my maximum and the jogging event has already taken place.
For Liz, I've twice had the indication that I need to talk to her about what happened that night. One of which was before the event took place.
I think I got to the end of the version but, for Liz, I always get "I should take her to the private cinema on the evening" even though the event has already taken place.

And some other stuff like that...

But, overall, again, I really like this game and can't wait to see what happens next. These inconsistencies don't break the rhythm too much and you just have to disregard the indications given.

Keep the good work, dev!

indyfordfan

May 13, 2018
An interesting and rather original game , but a bit confusing, some things are inconsistent.
From memory (the game really interested me and I continued without noting the details):
We go to Marie's room and find Liz getting dressed...
Some events are repeated: the meeting with Jane in the library, some dialogues with Angie about the project ...
And the indications for the characters are not always correct:
I keep getting "Haley: I need to start working out" when I'm at my maximum and the jogging event has already taken place.
For Liz, I've twice had the indication that I need to talk to her about what happened that night. One of which was before the event took place.
I think I got to the end of the version but, for Liz, I always get "I should take her to the private cinema on the evening" even though the event has already taken place.

And some other stuff like that...

But, overall, again, I really like this game and can't wait to see what happens next. These inconsistencies don't break the rhythm too much and you just have to disregard the indications given.

Keep the good work, dev!
I think it can only get better. I only have about 5 or 6 games I really like on this forum, and this has the potential to be a great game on my favorite list!

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
I'd like to thank the developer. I enjoy this game and look forward to the next patch. I read in an earlier post that there was 1 sex scene with Angie, but I found 2. The second was a late night call to go dancing with her towards the end of the content. That leads to her going home with the MC. I like how almost all the characters intertwine and I can't wait to see how Jeff gets his revenge (I suspect it will be on Mr. B and Zack), but we'll see. I took the dark path (Corruption with Angie, Dominant with Mia and Revenge on Mr. B) in my first time through. I'm going back to try the other paths (love for Angie and Mia) but I won't forgive Mr. B. Dude messed with the family, he's going down! Excellent story line and art. I wasn't a ginger fan until I saw this art. You've changed my opinion, which isn't easy these days (I'm so set in my old ways). I'm impressed and applaud you for your skills. Thank you again for sharing your creative and artistic efforts, and I look forward to any of your future additions or new efforts.

RobZombi3

Donor
Oct 15, 2019
If I copy the patch into the game folder and start the game, I have a black screen and the game crashes.
Wrong. You have to copy whole tl folder into the "game" folder. Mind there is a "tl" folder so the patch folder will be in that one.

Works for me.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
i am just here that i wanted to say that red haired, big breasted girl looks AMAZING. really really great looking girl with nice freckles which let me miss other girls which are similar curvy and also have red hair and freckles which is hard to find.

the quality looks really good but sadly this game isn't for me. i would have LOVED to either play as that hot, curvy red head or as an old guy (maybe her old neighbour or naughty grandpa or something) and i don't care for the other girls which are shown but oh well...

still keep the work and taste for the curvy red head up and i hope someone sees this and makes a corruption and ntr based game around her as female protagonist :)

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
I check his Patreon page every now and then and it looks like there are consistent comments on work and renders. Haven't seen an official announcement though, so it's hard to tell when to expect the next release.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes